Page 10 of 110 FirstFirst ... 789101112132060 ... LastLast

Hum, I wouldn't say that. Gunslash does benefit from the increase of R-ATK provided by Fury Stance whereas the other weapons do not.

I wouldn't say it utilizes Fury Stance the most effectively seeing as there are so many more factors that come into play. They all use it effectively, I fail to understand how having quicker attacks makes Gunslash more suitable for Fury Stance.

PSO2 Hunter talent tree discussion *Please read the FAQ in the first post*
    PSO2 Repeatable Quest Guide

A long as the damage/defense formula is linear (ie. each point of damage is as good as the last and the next) then gunslashes utilise it better because they have a higher attack speed thus netting a better total DPS.

For instance, lets say swords do an attack a second and gunslashes do an attack every half second. Then with normal melee attack +100 Damage (lets just imagine you actually do an extra 100 damage with fury stance) is an extra 100 DPS on sword melee attacks. Yet it's an extra 200 DPS on the gunslash attacks.

Imagine if you had a weapon that did 1 damage but attacked a hundred times in a second... +150 S-ATK from Fury Stance would be insane on that weapon.

Compare a weapon that did 1000 damage but only attack every 10 seconds... 150 extra damage would be terrible on that. Obviously these are extreme examples... but because gunslash has faster melee attacks and faster PA output that 150 gets more use "per second" than slower weapons or lower PAs.

Edit: I just tested crit... crit is NOT a multiplier. Crit seems to automatically do the most damage in your damage range.

Edit: Ability doesn't change how hard your crits hit, nor does it change your maximum damage range (though it may increase crit frequency and min damage range)
    Last edited by Adelheid; Jun 29, 2012 at 02:10 AM.

Nice find on the crit, so basically it'll always hit 100 if your damage range goes from 50~100?

Back on the other topic, I can sort of see where you're going. In game whoever, the difference in speed isn't that drastic. As I said, there are numerous factors, for example:
    - The ability of the weapon to hit multiple targets, so each hits benefit from the attack increase
    - The speed, partisans aren't that far off in terms of normal attack speed from Gunslash
    - Damage modifiers, a Gunslash with 100 S-ATK doesn't do as much damage as a Sword that also has 100 S-ATK on normal attacks

is the sword gear skill is useful ?

Quote Originally Posted by stms5001 View Post
    is the sword gear skill is useful ?
    Short answer, yes. Especially if you main Swords - it's a must have IMO.

Spinning Kick all S
    Tri Slash all S
    Stabby Stab + Shot = R on the Shot S otherwise
    Launch + Shot = R on the Shot, S on the Launch.
    Charge Shot = R
    Grenade Shot = R

The difference between my S-ATK and R-ATK with only fury on (ie, no shifta or drink) with my current weapon (アルバシザー + 8 ) is... 692/619 = 11.8% More S-ATK (which is much less than 11.8% damage).

Also when I say Gunslash is probably the best DPS I'm talking about boss DPS. Obviously Partisan and Sword would probably out damage on multiple spreadout targets.

I will make an edit when I check how much this difference is between melee gunslashes and range shots.

Edit: With Fury ON melee hit crits yellow monkey in lv 1 hard mode mission for 135. Range crits for 131. Note that the damage modifiers on the swings/shots of your weapons MAY be different. And the range damage modifier may be different to the melee damage modifier so these numbers should be taken with a grain of salt.

Edit2: I'm not sure if the range crit was 131 on the body or the head. Will do more testing after city. I can't seem to hit the monkey's head with a melee attack so I may switch to testing on Rockbear or Caterdran.
    Last edited by Adelheid; Jun 29, 2012 at 02:55 AM.

adelheid i got a funky feeling you talking about weak spot on monkey damage, not criticals.

just so we can be sure, critical hits = damage is a number in a greenish/bluish color and they're larger than the regular white numbers

weak spot hit = orangish explosion thing when you hit an enemy, damage numbers stay the same white color.
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

Yes, I know what crits are.

Can u give me smome advice what should I invest in if I want to have wired lance as my main weapon? I dont know 'bout my secoundary weapon yet, but im into Partisans.

BTW. If u can give me some advice about mags to it would be awsome.

I know wired lances aren't about dmg so i wanna by support dps
    Thx for help.

My planned build for Lv30 would look something like this:

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...!IEebInqntQuN6

The worst part is that I'd love to max out Fury Stance/Fury Critical, but these 30 points are not quite enough.

I'm unsure about the point distribution for F.Stance and F.Critical, though. 6 for both seemed like a balanced choice, but... yeah, like I said, I'm uncertain. Thoughts?