Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I'd like to if I had fun with other classes. So far I found ranger really boring, going to try out force.

Quote Originally Posted by Boodendorf View Post
    I'd like to if I had fun with other classes. So far I found ranger really boring, going to try out force.
    Trying out ranger without any PAs would be like trying out force without any spells.

Why would there be drawbacks for actually putting three times the effort on your character than someone that sticks to just one class? I don't see the logic behind this argument. It would actually make sense the opposite way, that levelling up all classes carried over some of the benefits to the rest.

To have a levelled class in PSO2 is not like in PSU where you can be a level 180 character and decide to switch instantly to a different class to test it out, and have inmediate access to all PAs, weapons and missions to toy with. In this game you start from level 1, so if you actually see someone who is level 30 force and level 30 hunter, that person probably didn't switch classes on a whim, and had to go all the way learning to use the new class. And this will only get better since the level cap will be increased over time.

I'm not a "ranger lover", but I'm a hunter and force lover equally, and I plan on maxing both classes on my main, having a striking and a technic mag on her, getting elitist gear for both classes and probably playing as well with both classes as any other hunter or force out there. And there will be people that will do the same, and even further with other classes. I don't see the damage on this.

About the race stuff, I kinda agree, but still prefer it this way. My girlfriend for example loves HUcasts, from PSU, and while I'd have preferred that they though of different ways of make each race good with each class (like, newmans being strong forces, fast hunters and agile rangers, while CASTs would be strong hunters and rangers, and defensive/supportive forces), I still prefer this than PSO way of "no FOcast".

Quote Originally Posted by Jrgsubzero View Post
    Trying out ranger without any PAs would be like trying out force without any spells.
    You really think I would try another class without any PAs/spells? Especially when I ate as many CDs as possible, no matter what the weapon on the way to lv30?
    Really?

I'll be playing my force as a FOcast. I have no concerns about individuality.

The individuality is how you play, how you distribute your skill points, and what your character looks like, if you really have to feel like a special snowflake that desperately. Don't complain that everyone can be good at everything now that some arbitrary crippling isn't built into them; it's one of the best things that's happened to this game other than the removal of the accuracy and evasion stats.

Forword, I've already made my peace with the system as someone explained that the stat tree will make the difference as well as the mag stats(and I love pso...), and i appreciate that those people have read that I haven't played yet, so ive just found out about the maxing out the stat tree and one mag.

----- The defensive side of me----

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    The individuality is how you play, how you distribute your skill points, and what your character looks like, if you really have to feel like a special snowflake that desperately. Don't complain that everyone can be good at everything now that some arbitrary crippling isn't built into them; it's one of the best things that's happened to this game other than the removal of the accuracy and evasion stats.
    That's the point... what are you being good at? Leveling? Or are you learning the ins and outs of a class? I'm just a bit reluctant to have a bunch of nubs with all three classes maxed just because they didn't have to worry about putting in any effort.

Also, geisitter, i doubt everyone would be good at all three jobs(which is sad as this is a straight forward game), it wasn't this way in any of the previous, and it won't be in pso2, you say "crippling"... and I say "challenging"..

and I think this way because I have a ffxi background, where if you leveled another job, it took work and time, and all the people that did max out all jobs on xi definitely had to go through challenges as it wasn't an easy task and made people find a job they liked the most, and this created a community in game between different jobs, which was an added bonus, different games ya but, in pso i also knew people who stuck to their fav, and had hunter friends who talked about melee rares and knew force people that talked about how to get techs, and rangers who compared guns and had discussion on when to use different guns

while I'd have preferred that they though of different ways of make each race good with each class (like, newmans being strong forces, fast hunters and agile rangers, while CASTs would be strong hunters and rangers, and defensive/supportive forces), I still prefer this than PSO way of "no FOcast".
    Agree to disagree. I like it the PSO way.

lol scenarios

scenario 1

PSO:

force lvl 10: "hey how did you get that tech?"

force lvl 68: "easiest way to get it is on vh caves from "mob"...

PSO2

force lvl 10: "hey how did he get that tech?"

force lvl 178: "I don't know, just leveling this for fun, you might wanna ask another force"

scenario 2

PSO:

LVL 70 rng: "hey you might wanna use that other spread on the boss"

LvL 45 rng: "cool, i need 2 more pds to get the "blabla" "

PSO2

LVL hunter 145: "hey you flippin nob, don't use that gun, use the other one"

LVL 10 rng: how do you know? aren't you a hunter?

LVL 145: "im lvl 100+ everything, DEW WHAT I SEH!"
    Last edited by Meevs; Jul 3, 2012 at 10:30 PM.

Definitely leveling RO and FO on my first char. Not sure if the AC costumes are character bound or account bound, but either way another char is more money so that's kind of a factor.
    PSO2
    TakaMina48
    Ship 2
    Ra-40/Hu-40/Fo-37

I don't really have a desire to level Force. My main is a Ranger and I have a side Hunter character half-leveled purely for use as an NPC partner.

Skilled Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Jrgsubzero View Post
    Rangers are pretty boring even with PAs.

You don't have to dodge 90% of the time, just move & shoot.

And if you're a launcher ranger in a party of actual players, you can just hold left click while drinking bubble tea and nothing will go wrong.

The only challenge for a ranger is to see how good your accuracy is on enemy weak points.

On topic:

Maxing Hunter and Ranger, and buying a mag so that both of them can have one.