• F2P

48 51.61%
  • P2P

29 31.18%
  • Hybrid of both?

16 17.20%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: F2P vs P2P

P2P Mostly because of the more bang for your buck thing and access to cosmetics, cos phantasy star is about looking good. Not to mention the limiting trade thing/ extra mags is a joke. And I hate gambling (personal thing) I don't even gamble with in game money unless is required to advance in a game.(any game)

Either way I would had preferred they dropped the premium thing to compete with the other f2ps on the same terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero_Virus_X View Post
    And I hate gambling (personal thing) I don't even gamble with in game money unless is required to advance in a game.(any game)
    How do you feel about equipment grinding?

I'd say F2P, it allows people to get a taste of PSO2 and decide if it's for them or not. Plus Sega got us an option to JUST get the trading pass, which I will be doing for a measly 5 dollars. Smart move on their part.

Silent Hank is right. It opens the doors to more people and it can become popular, so for us as gamers, it is deff a plus. (Even though this may not have been what Sega was aiming for)

For US, it is a plus to have more people to play with, and to have a bigger community. For Sega, means more opportunities to garner money from the large pool of new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranmaru View Post
    Silent Hank is right. It opens the doors to more people and it can become popular, so for us as gamers, it is deff a plus. (Even though this may not have been what Sega was aiming for)

For US, it is a plus to have more people to play with, and to have a bigger community. For Sega, means more opportunities to garner money from the large pool of new players.
    Who's Silent Hank?

*facepalm* LOOOL

Sorry. I mean Silent Tank. The tt's close together... made me think Silent Hank. Totally Sorry about that haha. Twice I have done this now.

(Called Lot or something lobster x D )

Quote Originally Posted by Ranmaru View Post
    *facepalm* LOOOL

Sorry. I mean Silent Tank. The tt's close together... made me think Silent Hank. Totally Sorry about that haha. Twice I have done this now.

(Called Lot or something lobster x D )
    Lol I can see how there'd be a mix up.

I'll just change my name, be the creepy old guy Silent Hank.

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    How do you feel about equipment grinding?
    It's not that bad I've gotten used to it. You have a higher chance of not coming empty handed and it's not as addicting as gambling "winning that big prize I want". I do admit I broken quite a few innocent pieces of equipment through the different games I've played.

you guys should know better (and i'm sure there are some that do) than to think there wouldn't be cash shop in p2p. even if this game was p2p, you could count on it having a cash shop on top of it. i'd expect p2p would free up things like my room, trading, and shop, but that's probably it.

would not be surprised if extra skill trees/clothes/characters slots(maybe) were cash shop.

and i'm glad, because i'm not willing to pay 15 bucks for a virtual room and trading and shop. luckily in this game, trading isn't absolutely necessary.
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

Heh, Del beat me to it. If it were P2P, we'd have basic, premium, super unleaded, and "I use thousand dollar bills as napkins" levels of subscriptions.

I prefer F2P, and just pay for what I need or want.