View Poll Results: Rate your Phantasy Star Online 2 experience!!

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • One

6 3.75%
  • Two

0 0%
  • Three

0 0%
  • Four

2 1.25%
  • Five

8 5.00%
  • Six

3 1.88%
  • Seven

20 12.50%
  • Eight

48 30.00%
  • Nine

31 19.38%
  • Ten

14 8.75%
  • Eleven (this game goes to Eleven!!)

23 14.38%
  • I haven't played the game enough to rate

5 3.13%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
    I'm not trying to say this in any rude manner but if difficulty isn't an issue what is the problem with the Time Attacks? You only have to do them successfully once for each mission on normal.
    I can partially agree with this, except for the missions like the dagan extermination and ore excavation that're almost entirely dependent on random factors.

i voted 7. making tundra only hard mode lvl 33+ only was a huge mistake. they should have made a normal mode free tundra accessible at lvl, say 20, since forest 5, caves 10, desert 15. i don't know why they dropped this progression but it was a poor choice.

forcing players to unlock things through client orders also isn't my style. it's most definitely a way to elongate gameplay time. my BIGGEST gripe was how i wasted probably ~2-3 hours trying to gain all the material so i could unlock level cap. that was a ridiculous waste of time, i could have leveled up at least twice. another gimmick to increase gameplay time.

what i do like is how bosses are getting more interesting. the panther boss is fun but he's not as challenging as i thought he'd be because he doesn't spam his lunge huge distance reverse swipe as much as i thought he would. just guard realllllly shines against him though.

currently the content is decent. i'd prefer more weapons but that will have to wait.

with that said, pso2 still has fantastic gameplay for a game of it's type. but like always, it could be much better. overall the biggest reason i gave this game a 7 is because of it's gameplay.
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

Gave it a 4...

What I basically wanted from PSO2 was PSO's item-system, episode-style, atmosphere, and several other minor systems fully revived and coupled with new, longer, and more complex levels, better graphics, smoother and more-involved combat, and more frequent updates.
    Out of that, I only feel that I got the better graphics, improved combat, a slight bit of the atmosphere I wanted, and will be getting more-frequent updates.

Admittedly, I haven't mucked about enough to truly get a feel of the item-system as a whole, so I won't lambast that too much yet, but I'm already seeing some things that indicate a fair bit of difference from PSO in that regard... And combined with the content being delivered as randomized rooms that provide disconnected 'chunks' of gameplay due to the mission setup, my interest has pretty rapidly waned.

I expect it probably seems too severe to knock it so hard for these things, but the continuous, linear episodes and the item system accounted for 9Ø% of what I loved about PSO in the first place, so changes to these things pretty much wreck the game for me. Plus, there are some other things I'm not fond of as well, but I'll leave it there...

That said, it's still moderately enjoyable to me as a time-waster as the combat is fairly enjoyable, but I don't see myself getting invested unless a major revamp occurs. Thus, a 4...
    Bit longer than I'd intended, but bleh...

Too early for review for me.

Language barrier.
    Haven't try everything.
    So much more...

Also... a lot of people's numbering system doesn't make much sense.

I absolutely love this game! It being in Japanese is a plus to help me continue learning moonrunes, but theres some things I really hate. It seems you cant go to your house unless you are "premium" which I still havent figured out...and you can't trade items or just drop them like in PSO. :/ I might be weird but I'd rather pay per month then spend all this money on weird stuff

Quote Originally Posted by deldelight8 View Post
    i voted 7. making tundra only hard mode lvl 33+ only was a huge mistake. they should have made a normal mode free tundra accessible at lvl, say 20, since forest 5, caves 10, desert 15. i don't know why they dropped this progression but it was a poor choice.
    Oohhh, yes, absolutely this. I don't understand their thought process behind this at all.

Increasing the gameplay variety at lower levels can only benefit them. Why would they artificially limit us like this? It makes no sense to me. It's especially weird that you can unlock the Tundra at level 25, but can't access it for five more levels. What?

Fortunately, pursuing client orders and matter board stuff kept me busy for most of 20-25 (and I do very much enjoy just PSE Burst farming on emergency missions), but it still seems weird to me that there's so much gating of content when PSU was very much the opposite, allowing you to take on missions far in advance of your character's level if you chose to do so. Hmmm....

This is my first Phantasy Star game, ever.

...I don't want to stop playing.

I can't really explain why, but this is one of two mmos I've ever bothered to really get into, so that's gotta be saying something.

If I had to give my current experience with PSO2 a number rating, it'd be an 8 or 9. Of course there are things I have problems with, but they're not that significant when it comes to the big picture for me.
    Steam: gutsyunicycle (Nickname: Jungo)
    PSO2: Ship 2

6/10 because I don't like grinding. I do realize games like these have to be a grindfest though. Also the language barrier.

I only give it a eleven because of how much success they have made in just the open beta, by god I'll be amazed to see the actual game.
    PSZ characters:
    Frost: RAcast, lv1
    Soul: FOnewm, lv40
    Socks: HUnewm, lv1
    FC: 4726 8115 1533

Quote Originally Posted by Jungo Torii View Post
    This is my first Phantasy Star game, ever.

...I don't want to stop playing.

I can't really explain why, but this is one of two mmos I've ever bothered to really get into, so that's gotta be saying something.

If I had to give my current experience with PSO2 a number rating, it'd be an 8 or 9. Of course there are things I have problems with, but they're not that significant when it comes to the big picture for me.
    Finally someone who thinks like me. <3