Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Syaorandc View Post
    You only need these two phrases really.

Say this when you join a party:

よろしく!
    (Literal translation would be "Please take care of me")

and say this when a party is over:

ありがと!

Also, if you have ever worked in Japan teaching English you will realize that many Japanese are extremely shy and afraid of using English. Many think their English ability is poor(even when it isn't) and they will just not speak in English because they don't want to say something wrong. They think the other person will laugh at them or make fun of them.
    ^This is fact. When I was 13 in Japan, I spoke to a girl (she looked 16-17) at Wendy's and she tried to say Tomato (because I said I didn't want any). Anyway when she said it she pronounced it Toe-mastu. I thought she said it will but someone sitting at a table next to us mocked her, man her facial expression tore me apart on the inside.

On a side note, I would love to play copy and paste the Kanji, but like I said to my dear friend Vash,

TV-2ft--Laptop----4ft-----------Me

Basically my laptop is hooked up to my tv and I only have a wire keyboard and my PS3 controller. My alt tabbing skills only go so far.....

But thanks for the awesome characters, I will use it when I get my wireless mouse up and working again. Never let your friend use your mouse.....

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachief View Post
    Man I remember back in PSUJP when they got their MAG event and there werent very many english PSU JP players. I had Kitty (my large female beast) and in the span of 2 weeks i had like 2 pages on my cards list of Japanese players and I would get messages from them and invites because they liked playing with English player and they liked having someone to practice their english with and most of them just really liked Kitty! (people usually do )

Now Ship 2 needs to open back up so I can remake her :/ lol

But yes I enjoy the Japanese players. I actually just remembered my brother has a book "First Year Japanese." Maybe I should actually learn some lol.

This game uses mostly Kanji i hear, right?
    nah, not as much Kanji as one would expect, it's almost all Katakana for items with Hiragana for NPC text bubbles mixed with basic kanji+^_^+
    i'm only just now starting to learn katakana (using the lexilogos keyboard alot) and a bunch of googling proper ways to say things+^_^+
    also the Survival Japanese - Basic Phrases for Communication thread has helped me break the ice with a few JP players+^_^+

Quote Originally Posted by Ark22 View Post
    ^This is fact. When I was 13 in Japan, I spoke to a girl (she looked 16-17) at Wendy's and she tried to say Tomato (because I said I didn't want any). Anyway when she said it she pronounced it Toe-mastu. I thought she said it will but someone sitting at a table next to us mocked her, man her facial expression tore me apart on the inside.

i woulda landed myself in jail after busting the noses of those sitting that that table+^_^+ btw, were their baconators any good?? i always wonder about food i'm used to here being served in far away lands+^_^+
    Last edited by Chik'Tikka; Jul 10, 2012 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    nah, not as much Kanji as one would expect, it's almost all Katakana for items with Hiragana for NPC text bubbles mixed with basic kanji+^_^+
    i'm only just now starting to learn katakana (using the lexilogos keyboard alot) and a bunch of googling proper ways to say things+^_^+
    also the Survival Japanese - Basic Phrases for Communication thread has helped me break the ice with a few JP players+^_^+

i woulda landed myself in jail after busting the noses of those sitting that that table+^_^+ btw, were their baconators any good?? i always wonder about food i'm used to here being served in far away lands+^_^+
    All I remember was their coke tasting weird but their burger tasting Godly.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

Quote Originally Posted by Ark22 View Post
    All I remember was their coke tasting weird but their burger tasting Godly.
    ten bucks the coke tasted weird because in other countries they make it with SUGAR, only here in the US is coke made with corn syrup (and if anyone had to use corn syrup instead of sugar for their coffee, you know the difference)+^_^+

my only concern is that i'm not sure which is real chat and which is auto words :/
    it would be awkward if i reply an auto word lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    ten bucks the coke tasted weird because in other countries they make it with SUGAR, only here in the US is coke made with corn syrup (and if anyone had to use corn syrup instead of sugar for their coffee, you know the difference)+^_^+
    What's really godly is the takoyaki and okonomiyaki in Osaka!

Quote Originally Posted by Syaorandc View Post
    You only need these two phrases really.

Say this when you join a party:

よろしく!
    (Literal translation would be "Please take care of me")

and say this when a party is over:

ありがと!

Also, if you have ever worked in Japan teaching English you will realize that many Japanese are extremely shy and afraid of using English. Many think their English ability is poor(even when it isn't) and they will just not speak in English because they don't want to say something wrong. They think the other person will laugh at them or make fun of them.
    What does the 2nd phrase mean?

Quote Originally Posted by texhnolyze View Post
    my only concern is that i'm not sure which is real chat and which is auto words :/
    it would be awkward if i reply an auto word lol
    lol, i was in blk 19 with a bunch of JP players in a multiparty, i was the only person that said anything in english, well about 10 minutes in we fight a vol dragon (them forces freezing it's feet were awesome) well, right afterwards in oarty chat an english pop up saying "well, that wasn't so bad!!" popped up, and i replied to it about the forces freezing vol dragons feet, then the person said "uh-oh, i think we're in trouble!!" and I realized it was a different parties NPC player!!! +^_^+ none of the JP player seemed to notice me talking to the NPC though, but i kinda just stayed quiet after that+^_^+

Sometimes I go into My Room and my JP friend in a Rappy suit is there chilling. o.o lmao

I just need to get better at kanji. I can read and write in hiragana and katakana with no problems, and I know the meanings of a lot of the common kanji in PSO now, but since I don't actually know how to say the kanji I can't type them in...