Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

The ability to trade without renting it with AC. Yes in PSO we only had drop-trading but even that is impossible now. It's pretty much my only gripe about this game.

The setup of this game really smerrs

> Quest to get past 30
    wat the fk

> Ranger has soul eater cant into Photon art
    wat the fk

> Can do hard forest missions at lvl 20 but cant into free forest
    wat the fk

> Can't into trade for free
    wat the fk

> no self grinding like pso and psz
    wat the fk

Also I don't like the fact they SPLIT UP every fkn stat into its own category
    Luckily i like the combat enough

THESE PSU elements they decided to put in this game really hurting the gaem
    Duck Tales
    # of Members: 45

Requirement to join Duck Tales - If I like the cut of your Jib jk its free for all
    wait no i mean free for all

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    Wouldn't go anywhere near that far. Some of us are substantially easier to please than others. Hell, calling it "Phantasy Star Online 2" was good enough for most people to act like it was the second coming of space Jesus.

I personally think this game has a long way to go, yet at the same time, I expected it to be awful, and it isn't that either.
    I'm not saying that it's exactly what we all wanted yet, but I'm sure they're on a much better path towards achieving it thanks to the stomping ground that was PSU. It's an online game, I'm going to give it the time it needs to grow and see what happens without bitching during the first month.
    The ability to trade without renting it with AC. Yes in PSO we only had drop-trading but even that is impossible now. It's pretty much my only gripe about this game.
    You're incorrect, there was a trade window in PSO. Dropping was just faster so there was no point unless you didn't trust the person you were trading with.

Quote Originally Posted by AlMcFly View Post
    lol, ikr? at the very least, one of those boxes like they had in PSU that you can put in peoples rooms and leave items in, currently, the only thing that can be traded for free are room decs, and only to people that have a room (you can put them down in others rooms)+^_^+
    so what do you do when you need to trade with the McFly Bot?
    Spoiler!

*gosh, i look terrible in that picture, i shoulda posed, and i want longer hair...*

I thought it would be great - and in a lot of ways it is.

There's a lot of things I really liked in PSO1 that this didn't quite capture. The new content is getting closer, though.

For one thing, I finally caught a hold of what gave PSO1 such great longevity - the large, hours-long maps. That still exists in the form of multipartying. Instead of not knowing which path to take to find the boss, now you're not sure when a boss will spawn via an emergency code. They're not the same, but the underlying feel is a lot more similar than it sounds.

They're bringing back distinctly unique enemies with unique abilities, not that PSO necessarily had that in droves (booma aka evil shark aka dimenian aka walk-up-and-whap-you guy).

In all though, it's taken the breathing room given by modern advancements in games, it's taken cues from other games I personally loved, and it's brought in elements I thought were good from both PSU AND PSO. Things like PA's were fun, but the limited nature of PP wasn't. They've met half-way in a way I find satisfactory.

Is it better than PSO1? No. It's different, and I do indeed like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    I'm not saying that it's exactly what we all wanted yet, but I'm sure they're on a much better path towards achieving it thanks to the stomping ground that was PSU. It's an online game, I'm going to give it the time it needs to grow and see what happens without bitching during the first month.
    A lot of complaints players have aren't from a lack of refinement; they're by design. They may be changed one day, sure, but things like the absolutely ridiculous lack of a trade option without paying for it aren't the result of a fledgling game stretching its legs; they're flat out awful design decisions.

The abundance of having content locked until you're a high enough level is also getting on my nerves, as is the arbitrary fetch quests any time you want to make a significant leap forward. It's just busy work, and doesn't do anything to enhance the game or the gameplay; it just wastes our time.

A lot of complaints players have aren't from a lack of refinement; they're by design. They may be changed one day, sure, but things like the absolutely ridiculous lack of a trade option without paying for it aren't the result of a fledgling game stretching its legs; they're flat out awful design decisions.

The abundance of having content locked until you're a high enough level is also getting on my nerves, as is the arbitrary fetch quests any time you want to make a significant leap forward. It's just busy work, and doesn't do anything to enhance the game or the gameplay; it just wastes our time.
    I simply must disagree on the trading. Seriously, the developers need to make money, and trading is hardly a game-breaker (especially when you can still buy from player shops without paying a single real dime).

I'm growing increasingly embittered at all the freeloaders out there...

The content lock, on the other hand, is rather annoying, as is the complete omission of a normal mode for Tundra(!?).

Client orders and matter board jobs, on the other hand, I think are a nice addition. Psychologically, it works very well - give you a bunch of smaller goals to hit on the path to hitting your overall goal (hitting the cap to grind rares, for most people, I guess). It just doesn't work as well when, well, the players can't read the language and thus lack context for the tasks they're undertaking.

And those of us who do not have an issue with their design? Those of us who like the client orders, whether you see them as "busy work" or not? If you're not having fun, don't play. It's not like you were forced to put a monetary investment in to the game in order to play it.

And those of us who do not have an issue with their design? Those of us who like the client orders, whether you see them as "busy work" or not? If you're not having fun, don't play. It's not like you were forced to put a monetary investment in to the game in order to play it.
    damn you musta loved that quest to get past lvl 30 huh
    Duck Tales
    # of Members: 45

Requirement to join Duck Tales - If I like the cut of your Jib jk its free for all
    wait no i mean free for all

And those of us who do not have an issue with their design?
    ...Should remember you're not the only people included in your "exactly what we all wanted" comment.

Those of us who like the client orders, whether you see them as "busy work" or not? If you're not having fun, don't play. It's not like you were forced to put a monetary investment in to the game in order to play it.
    Oh, please, don't start on with such blather; I never said anything of the sort. The game's decent enough to merit playing, but it has some pointlessly annoying aspects I don't appreciate. No one likes everything about anything, and if you think you do, you're conveniently forgetting about the last time it annoyed you. Bringing up those things, actually being honest rather than acting like the subject is the greatest of anything that will ever be, is by no means a sign that you're hating it at every turn. Don't be so dramatic and defensive.