Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

foie looks cool but i still think it's gimped. it's aoe isn't that great compared to rafoie's, and it's not instant.

i personally think foie should be like barta and pierce through enemies. i don't see why not, it's fire ffs

it's not like a bullet or something.

i would actually use foie if it was piercing. it should have its damage reduced a little in exchange for being piercing or something.
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

Quote Originally Posted by soulpimpwizzurd View Post
    foie looks cool but i still think it's gimped. it's aoe isn't that great compared to rafoie's, and it's not instant.

i personally think foie should be like barta and pierce through enemies. i don't see why not, it's fire ffs

it's not like a bullet or something.

i would actually use foie if it was piercing. it should have its damage reduced a little in exchange for being piercing or something.
    But it is like a bullet, and let's face it, if it was an AOE like rafoie, then rafoie would be usless.

Oh, also, barta isn't piercing, it runs along the ground. So if it hits a solid enough enemy or terrain then even barta will be stopped in its tracks.
    Last edited by Ana-Chan; Jul 20, 2012 at 04:00 AM.

Foie has grazing damage. If you intentionally almost-miss an enemy, it will deal full damage, but will keep going without giving a shit. It is a bit situational, since you already have Gizonde and Gibarta for that, but can still come in handy... Well, sometimes, I guess.

The problem with Foie is that Rafoie, Gizonde and Gibarta are an ideal setup for the vast majority of situations. I only really use Foie against Vol Dragon, and Grants - against its infected version and Snow Panther.

It is more than a bit situational, it seems it also depends on personal preferences. I use foie a lot more.
    If monsters appear grouped fairly close together, gifoie or rafoie are better picks. But when the monsters appear in a more staggard layout. In these situation I use foie with its graze damage to hit more than other techs could at that time. But even though I use foie often, I also use gifoie and rafoie too.
    I just seem to have foind a fairly comfortable way of using foie to take out multiple enemies at once at long range.
    Of course, this is meant for the enemies that are weaker against fire. I tend to switch to the monster's weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysi View Post
    You have discs of higher lvl in your inventory for those technics with arrows on the icon. When you click on those technics it will give you a prompt to choose whether to use those discs.
    Thank you very much. What a nice feature, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana-Chan View Post
    Oh, also, barta isn't piercing, it runs along the ground. So if it hits a solid enough enemy or terrain then even barta will be stopped in its tracks.
    terrain yes, enemy no. i have never seen it stopped by an enemy and I use it ALOT. its still good lots of places besides the terrain handicap. Its too bad the conveyer sections in the mines stop it.

Foie does the same as barta if it doesnt hit an enemy directly its a little harder to use tho.
    PSO2 Ramen Force Newman Male
    Ship 10
    Block 20

SaZonde -> Zonde/GiZonde

Period.

For RaZonde, use a Talisman and jump attack to place it at location of choice/aim skywards with Talisman before activating.

Problem Solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Acel View Post
    SaZonde -> Zonde/GiZonde

Period.
    How about a no.

To elaborate: it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Acel View Post
    For RaZonde, use a Talisman and jump attack to place it at location of choice/aim skywards with Talisman before activating.

Problem Solved.
    The time it takes to set up a card isn't worth it. By the time it reaches a high enough spot it'll only have enough life time for 3 shots, or 4 if you are lucky. Gizonde is way easier to aim and it doesn't need a card high in the sky in order to have a decent AoE, meaning that you can cast it off a rod for a bit more damage or off a card from a much greater distance (since you only need one enemy to start the AoE ownage).

Gizonde is the god of bolt techs and Razonde is useless. Sazonde = Zonde. I'm retracting that. Sazonde is kind of sorta not bad.
    Last edited by Sp-24; Jul 21, 2012 at 11:40 AM.