Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation FF Versus XIII scrapped?

RUMOR: Kotaku reported that Square Enix has cancelled the release of Final Fantasy Versus XIII, it was officially cancelled within the last few weeks. One source said the Versus XIII development and resources had been folded into another game, which is to be the next numeric Final Fantasy title - Final Fantasy XV.

RUMOR: GamesMaster reported that Square Enix's Final Fantasy XV has been in development for 4 years, which began one month after FFXIII was released in Japan, with a team of over 200 people. The game design and battle system will be a major evolution from FFXII, the game will have crowd filled cities similar to Assassin's Creed....

Including the concept planning and pre-production phase, the game has already been in development for over 4 years.

It entered full production in January 2010, a month after FFXIII was released in Japan. Since then it has had a development team of just over 200 people.

Including the concept planning and pre-production phase, the game has already been in development for over 4 years.

It entered full production in January 2010, a month after FFXIII was released in Japan. Since then it has had a development team of just over 200 people.

The game design and battle system will be a major evolution of FFXII.

The game will be open world and have sprawling, crowd-filled cities on par with Assassin's Creed.

The battle system now allows you to target different parts of an enemy’s body like in Vagrant Story.

Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada wants the game to have a world scale and volume of content that surpasses The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. He also wants the game to surpass FFVII in worldwide sales and critical reception.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Meevs View Post
    Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada wants the game to have a world scale and volume of content that surpasses The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. He also wants the game to surpass FFVII in worldwide sales and critical reception.
    Don't we all. How many failed attempts so far?

Scarlet / ID:aurly; Shock Nurse @ Ship 2!

I wouldn't be surprised if Versus had been canceled, to be honest. I'm still surprised that they're throwing so much money behind the already-failed XIV...

But I guess that's what happened when you critically wound your flagship series by releasing what's just a bad game.
    Quote Originally Posted by drizzle View Post
    Don't we all. How many failed attempts so far?
    Not very many - because they haven't really tried in a single-player game unless you count, say, Final Fantasy XII.

Of course, it was also just a better game, so any content quantity discrepancy is more than forgiven.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

You know what would surpass Ff7? FF7 remake + arieth rebirth DLC.
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Read about it this morning, I've ALSO heard before that they were just going to make it a FF15...

From what they were putting into the game I say they may as well do so...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I truly hope FF Versus does gets cancelled. There is no game in history that has had a 5+ year production without running into problems like having parts scrapped and remade. Shitty Squeenix was never using these extra years for adding content, the games development itself was the problem. I've read an aritcle somewhere that comfirmed this game having a lot trouble being developed. Similar to Resident Evil 4, remember how it looked when it was first shown? Then it was scrapped and changed to the RE4 we have today. This is probably why Versus took so long.

At this point FFXV might as well come out. All of the Versus hyper has died a long time ago and PS4 will be out next year. Squeenix should just became a publisher because they are garbage as a developer.
    Last edited by Sexy_Raine; Jul 22, 2012 at 01:38 AM.
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)

Quote Originally Posted by lostinseganet View Post
    You know what would surpass Ff7? FF7 remake + arieth rebirth DLC.
    The truth of this statement fills me with a profound sadness.
    Tax the fucking churches.

The only thing that could surpass Skyrim in terms of size and content would be ESO.

lol this guy is gonna be like that dude from fable 3

he was super ambitious and got so much hype and then the game came out and it was nothing compared to what he "wanted the game to be like"
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

lol this guy is gonna be like that dude from fable 3
    What guy, care to name the person your referring to?

------------------------

From my favorite FF XIII Versus trailer, it seemed like we'd get a Kingdom Hearts style battle system in a much more mature world, that would've been awesome. As my friend has said, I hope everything about XV is true minus the scrapping of XIII Versus.

I wouldn't be surprised if Versus had been canceled, to be honest. I'm still surprised that they're throwing so much money behind the already-failed XIV...

But I guess that's what happened when you critically wound your flagship series by releasing what's just a bad game.
    Well, I'm glad they've continued, as I'm a big fan of the old XI and a fan of SE's mmorpg style. Yeah, the release was terrible, for me personally because I hated that they tried to(and still are, will see how 2.0 turns out) go casual and of course all the new things they tried like no AH. I hope there's some hardcore elements in there, such as taking months to acquire an item through various quests, etc. etc.