Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: The RNG Thread

Have they implemented PUNCH DODO yet?

Alot of factoring seems to be with the rarity of items you are using TO grind and BASE items rarity.
    seems to be alot more likely to happens successfully when low star rares in play regardless the fact you have 85% chance or not ahha.
    thats just my opinion tho.

Mizer Soul, Shoot III, Arm II, and Ability I on my +10 Hotdog (Trigidor). Fancy that RNG. Still working on my second +10 hotdog, should've just grind protected that +9 that one time...

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Aren't there success rate boosting items?

Wait, I think they suck or something...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    I mean, besides raw bloody luck
    unlimited funds gained from selling junk on auctionhouse they get from arcs cratch can help.

you can make much much much much more money if you simply have access to auction house, compared to your run of the mill grinding and selling garbage loot.

i'm assuming that most players with those kinds of getups are premium at least.

i'm not that greedy, i just stuck vol souls on all 3 of my stamina sub units and called it good.
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

The funny thing about RNG systems as wretchedly bad as this affix system is that it's NOT balanced for one or two attempts with such heavy penalties - it's balanced for people who will try and try and try. Given one or two armors you're most likely to be above or below the average - not on it. Who keeps trying after they succeed? People who don't want just one success. People who, you know, affix things for the express purpose of selling them.

IOW it's a system designed specifically to mess with the little guy who won't do enough affixing to ever reach the true average, and will almost certainly deal with extremes on either side. Most players try just enough times to create their own equips, if they even go that far. It's not likely that they'll net the average number of required attempts. They'll be either above or below it, by and large.

So it rewards people who do dozens if not hundreds of affixings, since they can turn a profit by selling close to the average (what with their own average successes tending towards the "true" average and all).

This. Is. Bad. Design.

Quote Originally Posted by soulpimpwizzurd View Post
    unlimited funds gained from selling junk on auctionhouse they get from arcs cratch can help.

you can make much much much much more money if you simply have access to auction house, compared to your run of the mill grinding and selling garbage loot.

i'm assuming that most players with those kinds of getups are premium at least.

i'm not that greedy, i just stuck vol souls on all 3 of my stamina sub units and called it good.
    "Unlimited" my arse. Maybe if you get non-stop female FOTM clothing and rappy suits, but mostly AC Scratch is not for making meseta, just losing your own money :P

Having a shop does make a huge difference though, yes.

Ship02 RA40 - Artemis (Jey)

I have terrible luck when it comes to ability affixing on normal weapons. I failed at getting Poison on any weapon, so I stopped visiting Dodo for a while. Once I got rares, I figured I might as well try visiting him again; with.. mixed results.

I got Cruel Coffin and Garland to +10.

Cruel Coffin took.. quite.. a bit. 1 Million I want to say, but I'm not too sure.

Garland on the other hand, took about 300k to get to +10 and get Technic III + Ragne Soul on it.

The RNG is pretty annoying though.

Up and down with my Tigredor... Got to 7 and decided to stay there for awhile. Decided to push it and actually got it to 9. Tried to push it again, and now I'm at 5 with no more money and no motivation to bother farming for more. Should just buy them through the shops from now on, but I just can't be arsed to farm 3 million+ for one bloody item...

I can't get any rare to +10

I pretty much stop at +8 Can't risk going back down to +5, effectively wasting the hundreds of thousands of meseta I spent struggling to even get that high.

Someone said to just spam Enter till it gets to +10, so I went ahead yestertday and tried this method out:

Spoiler!
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget