Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Future Ranger Weapons from Rifle PAs?

The rifle is a jack of all trades weapon, usable in any situation but not really excelling in any of them. The rifle takes it's PAs from other weapon types that we've seen in past games and in real life, could it be possible to glean from the rifle PAs what future weapons Rangers could get? We already have the launcher, which is similar to the grenade launcher PA, and we know that we're getting twin mechguns, which are similar to the rapid fire PA. Ergo...

Grenade Launcher PA = Launcher
    Rapid Fire PA = Mechguns
    Shotgun PA = Shotgun

I know there's still the three other PAs: Piercing Shot, Multi-Missile and Sneak Shot, maybe those could be future weapon hints as well?

ya there was a thread a while ago talking about that.

i'd definitely dig a ranger weapon where every regular attack was like homing emission, or diffuse shot (the shotgun pa i think)
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

It would be really cool to have a Homing Emission weapon type. I'd also like to have some kind of linear laser cannon, like how the Photon Launcher worked in PSO. There's that piercing sniper-shot PA with rifle, so even this'd be covered.
    Appropriate use of launcher!
    [Ship 9] Rowe: Hu22 / Ra40 / Fo30 / Gu8 [Team: Busters (Leader)]

How does homing emission work anyway? I've tried marking shit with in TPS mode and would you believe it never ever did a single shot hit the target.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

I eagerly await a proper shotgun.

Preferably one with a "Holy Crap! It shoots rockets!" PA.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post

oh boy did i lol

you know what i think would be good? shotgun with shotgun pa called diffuse ROCKET. it shoots a shotgun blast of multiple rockets. so it's like every pellet is now no longer a pellet, and instead a miniature rocket. since it'd be so strong it should effectively take 300 PP and put you into "PP debt," where you can no longer use any photon art attacks until you recover however much pp you need to be back at say, 50/100 lolool

@joozek, you need a good amount of distance for homing emission to work. you can point blank with it but it'll only hit whatever is targeted. ex:

if you lock on 5 times, once on 5 different monsters, if you try to point blank one monster, it'll only get hit once.

however, if you lock on to a big monster 5 times, and point blank on a weakspot...
    *don't get too close, or else it won't work. but you can't be far away, you still have to be pretty close. but for some reason being like super super close like 1mm away close doesn't work very well.
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post

I like Borderlands too.

Anyway I can see piercing shot leading to another laser-cannon type weapon.

I would be in absolute heaven if they added a shotgun with a PA for every shotgun subtype or variant in borderlands.

You could do a low PP cost and damage but high accuracy PA (The 9 shell, very accurate shotguns, they were usually yellow)
    You could do a double rocket, lots of buck PA (Standard Carnage holy-crap-it-shoots-rockets)
    You could do a very short duration, wide spread, high pellet count, high PP cost PA (the Matador ones with bonuses to fire a free extra 2 shells, which was really just a simplified double bonus for damage and pellet count)
    And don't even get me started on Sledge's shotgun or the boomstick that rapidfires 6 rockets, or T.K.'s wave - which while useless in borderlands, would be amazing in PSO2.

This would be my dream weapon. I'd never touch hunter again.

Also, wtb: 300 round magazine assault rifle, ohmigod

I woke up and found myself in this place. SERIOUSLY, WHERE THE HELL AM I?!

Well, for sneak shot, it could be a rifle like the ones in PSO and PSU. Single shot, long range.

As for you theory of mech guns being (almost) full automatic... I kind of don't hope so. I cannot quite imagine every shot being that long...

I put Poison II on my rifle, and now One Point pretty much poisons everything. With Mechguns firing six shots for the rifle's three (presumably), if there are rapid-fire PAs, applying status effects to stuff is going to be ridiculous.
    Appropriate use of launcher!
    [Ship 9] Rowe: Hu22 / Ra40 / Fo30 / Gu8 [Team: Busters (Leader)]