Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: MH3U Demo

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    You really should configure your network into it. Miiverse is actually a pretty extraordinary community thing. You're doing yourself a disservice on the Wii U by not trying that out. Even NintendoLand takes on a whole new meaning when you have the Miiverse integration on.

To a degree, Miiverse is one of its best features and to some degree, has made a part of why I did decide upon certain multi-platform titles to be on Wii U instead of the alternatives.
    Yeah I know I should configure it. Just haven't really been bothered with it cause I didn't had anything to play on it

I got no clue on Miiverse but I really can't wait for MH3U. I just hope for global servers, lockable cities so I can play without randoms (bad expierence with them on Tri) and mailing while in quest. These are the only 3 points taken from Tri that I want to change...

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Just saw this in our Monster Hunter group.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-region-locked

Am not happy

Celestial Manager~
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

And they wonder why MH never becomes popular outside of Japan...
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

It's part of the disconnect between the US and Japanese branches. Capcom, over here, knows the importance of online play in the West. They even stated it themselves in a press-release. They also saw how it did start to increase MH attention on the Wii, given it was their first major release on a system which launched fully online capable, all with online play.

So I know some branches are not blind to it. Just that there's some baby steps that are being taken between the lines of communication. Give Japan time, they'll eventually see the light. Or the market will make the progression, for all the suits to see, in a future opportune time. It may take about a decade, but it's coming.

I'm only saying this, because some amazing things are starting to happen in the industry, over there. A pseudo revolution between strengthening independent groups and big corporations, where new independent groups are being formed by industry leading developers. It's this kind of stir that really promotes progress, wherever it happens.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Feb 10, 2013 at 07:10 PM.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Version A: No online multiplayer at all, but is portable.

Version B: Online multiplayer, but region-locked to segregate players from the region which will have >90% of the player base.

It's like they don't want the game to succeed outside of Japan.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

I just want to play this game together with my american and european friends. Whats the harm in that...

Just have to wait for someone to figure out save file converting. It was possible on the Wii after a while.

Celestial Manager~

I think that's the main disconnect here. Some part of Capcom, calling the shots, doesn't realize that the non-Japanese Monster Hunter fans and enthusiasts are spread all over the place. We're an impressive-sized lot, if only we can play together. The main reason companies join regions together is to bolster the population on their servers, which in turn, feeds into itself and increases the numbers.

Again, the biggest disconnect is the understanding of different Geographical standards and how that alone differentiates the community demands. Some still don't understand that what works for Japan doesn't work for everybody any more than throwing a big party in New York works for New Yorkers and not so much for people who live in California, Colorado, Florida, Texas, or Idaho.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Feb 11, 2013 at 03:47 PM.

Demo is basically low rank snow rabbit and high rank plesioth with pre made armor and weapon sets. Still worth it to get used to the controls

Celestial Manager~

Pretty much. Very little adjustment needs to be made for MH Tri owners as the controls are pretty much the same. But it serves as a good reminder of what to expect.

Feels good to actually be playing a Tri game, with Tri areas and with all Monster Hunter weapons brought into the fold again.

I played it both on the Wii U and on the 3DS.

Now on the 3DS, this game doesn't support to the Circle Pro additional accessory (Making it a Resident Evil Revelations-only accessory in the States). However, I was a bit surprised how well the software (right d-pad) works as a replacement. Still, a warning that it is fast so until you get used to it, may end up spinning the camera past your intended target if you go too heavy with the control. Also, the Circle Pad Pro *might* be usable with the full game, but the demo clearly states that the demo doesn't.

The Plesioth mission is definitely tricky with a good number of weapons. It's basically, the timer that makes it tough. Only 20 minutes. Plessy loves to run. It is also a hyper beast for a long time. Unless you can get in and do massive damage early, you may end up running out as you'll spend much of that time in the chase-down.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Feb 22, 2013 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Pretty much. Very little adjustment needs to be made for MH Tri owners as the controls are pretty much the same. But it serves as a good reminder of what to expect.
    Ugh, really? I still think item management should be relegated to the d-pad like every other game out there, instead of the awkward "hold a shoulder button and use the A button to scroll" solution they had in Tri.

Now on the 3DS, this game doesn't support to the Circle Pro additional accessory (Making it a Resident Evil Revelations-only accessory in the States). However, I was a bit surprised how well the software (right d-pad) works as a replacement. Still, a warning that it is fast so until you get used to it, may end up spinning the camera past your intended target if you go too heavy with the control. Also, the Circle Pad Pro *might* be usable with the full game, but the demo clearly states that the demo doesn't.
    My understanding is that Circle Pad Pro support has been confirmed for the final release of the 3DS version. (Also for the record it works with RE, Metal Gear Solid 3, Kingdom Hearts, and one or two other games so it's just mostly useless instead of entirely useless.)