View Poll Results: Do you think PSO2 could be coming over to next gen consoles?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

6 11.54%
  • No.

34 65.38%
  • 50/50

12 23.08%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Do you think PSO2 could be coming over to next gen consoles?

I mean, its already on the vita, so why not bring it over to Xbone and PS4? It could work, and it might attract more people to play the game. Also, and this is just speculation, this may be the reason why its postponed. Maybe they are working on console versions?

technical possibilites exist but all the signs are that no
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

No.
    But if it were to, it'd be best to go to PS4. Since at this rate, it's japan/SEA only.

sig by me, PM if you want to request one.
    Ship 2/Ship 4:
    Sakia HU FI newearl | アモリ RAmarl | Hasumi FO RA caseal | ぴょましFOnewearl | 白井 BR HU Duman | リーヨウ RA GU caseal| Rena SU FI| マテオ HU/NK

Not happening. 0% chance.
    PSO:BB - Shelburz - 3x EXP server GM

Raptr post:
    http://raptr.com/Arynos/news/51d0d95...ase-prospects-
    X1 (Xbox One, its not even being sold in EU) would be out of the question as that is a NA only system its not made in Japan, PS4 would be more likely although I would prefer PS3.
    Last edited by Chou-Chou; Jul 26, 2013 at 06:11 PM.

Ship 2 Ur
    ID: Tanit Goddess
    Character: Tanit

My YouTube Channel | PSO World Shaun's Album

Unless it's a really popular title that is well known even to the average Joe/Jane, then I highly doubt that they'll ever bring it to the consoles. I think consoles generally have "popular" games that appeal to a wide audience.

But then, even if they did bring PSO2 to the consoles, I'd still prefer the PC version since this game is made for it; I think it would be easier to patch too.

PC gaming is all around better than consoles, IMO, since you have more options to customize whatever you want... plus I'll never get used to playing this game on a controller, it just feels too cumbersome with the setup; but then if it worked for the vita then.... I guess who knows, it might work for the consoles too (if they ever bring it over).

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelion X.XX View Post
    Unless it's a really popular title that is well known even to the average Joe/Jane, then I highly doubt that they'll ever bring it to the consoles. I think consoles generally have "popular" games that appeal to a wide audience.

But then, even if they did bring PSO2 to the consoles, I'd still prefer the PC version since this game is made for it; I think it would be easier to patch too.

PC gaming is all around better than consoles, IMO, since you have more options to customize whatever you want... plus I'll never get used to playing this game on a controller, it just feels too cumbersome with the setup; but then if it worked for the vita then.... I guess who knows, it might work for the consoles too (if they ever bring it over).
    I'm currently playing it with a PS2 controller (Dual PS1/PS2 to USB Adapter) and can never get used to the keyboard & mouse, the menus are so much easier to navigate through via PS2 pad and faster then using keyboard & mouse combo but "To each their own" as the saying gos. PSO2 does have great game pad support built into it.

Ship 2 Ur
    ID: Tanit Goddess
    Character: Tanit

My YouTube Channel | PSO World Shaun's Album

I'd welcome a PS4 version if it meant the PC version got some graphical enhancements alongside it.

I can see it happening, but PSO2 itself is so far from a next-gen level game that I really don't see it happening unless SEGA makes a major investment into it. Maybe for Episode 3?

As for Xbox One, Microsoft's policies are so ass-backward that nobody will consider putting anything on there that uses cross-platform play. If they did put it on there it'd be segregated with its own servers (no PC-Vita-X1 servers) and the patches would always be behind the other versions. Blehhh!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    I'd welcome a PS4 version if it meant the PC version got some graphical enhancements alongside it.

I can see it happening, but PSO2 itself is so far from a next-gen level game that I really don't see it happening unless SEGA makes a major investment into it. Maybe for Episode 3?

As for Xbox One, Microsoft's policies are so ass-backward that nobody will consider putting anything on there that uses cross-platform play. If they did put it on there it'd be segregated with its own servers (no PC-Vita-X1 servers) and the patches would always be behind the other versions. Blehhh!
    ^LOL this xbox1 is slipping so bad right now.

Sig by Gama

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

I ought to bitch slap whoever voted yes