Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_S View Post
    Collect your reward because the boss is dead
    Outside of emergency quests, that is probably true for an average party with 2 or more bravers. Valid point.
    Last edited by Pillan; Mar 24, 2014 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillan View Post
    Outside of emergency quests, that is probably true for an average party with 2 or more bravers. Valid point.
    it's actually true for a single braver.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    it's actually true for a single braver.
    Sorry I missed your reply above that. Then my only notes afterward are these:

-Shunka and Overend are immune to knock effects, so getting hit while using either does nothing to reduce DPS. If you are getting hit between PAs, yeah, definitely something wrong.

-And is the above comment true for the average braver?

Personally, I do not see many guld millas on the gunners when I check random blocks, as I am curious about those things. But I do have more than a couple friends that are enjoying them. I will just take your word that everyone at 65 with premium who wants one has one.

Sorry I missed your reply above that. Then my only notes afterward are these:

-Shunka and Overend are immune to knock effects, so getting hit while using either does nothing to reduce DPS. If you are getting hit between PAs, yeah, definitely something wrong.

-And is the above comment true for the average braver?

Personally, I do not see many guld millas on the gunners when I check random blocks, as I am curious about those things. But I do have more than a couple friends that are enjoying them. I will just take your word that everyone at 65 with premium who wants one has one.
    Yeah, if you're getting hit -at all- with shunka, you're just not paying attention or being lazy.

Not only is it op for the damage it does, it's a great dodging tool for me! I can use it like some sort of AoE that at the same time drags me away from the last group of enemies that were going to attack me while I one shot other ones.

Plus it's really easy to dash out of in emergency.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    Yeah, if you're getting hit -at all- with shunka, you're just not paying attention or being lazy.

Not only is it op for the damage it does, it's a great dodging tool for me! I can use it like some sort of AoE that at the same time drags me away from the last group of enemies that were going to attack me while I one shot other ones.

Plus it's really easy to dash out of in emergency.
    So, you are wasting time dodging with your primary damage tool in order to hit an insignificant target or just hit air instead of playing through and damaging the primary target? Sounds like a waste of 20-50% of your potential output to me.

So, you are wasting time dodging with your primary damage tool in order to hit an insignificant target or just hit air instead of playing through and damaging the primary target? Sounds like a waste of 20-50% of your potential output to me.
    The vid in his signature proves your statement. He seems more interested in frolicking around instead of playing through.

I usually ignore damage until I'm at like 200 HP where I can be one hit and then start playing more dodgey (more or less still fighting the same way I have been, but actually paying some attention for attacks coming my way until I decide to actually heal like ten minutes later).

Also, it isn't wasting time dodging, if the dodge is literally the dash that shunka automatically makes you perform. You can't possibly be wasting time dodging, unless you're somehow know how to make shunka slashes happen at faster intervals between each other. It has its own natural movement.

Furthermore, I only really cancel shunka so I can start dashing towards another target when I end up killing a group of targets in two slashes, as opposed to slashing the air and stopping for my last one-two slashes.

Good job taking it way out of context though. If you aren't killing your first target (in my case, a group of targets) in one or two slashes and moving on to another group, you don't sound like you're living up to your potential.

Also that video's more about showing off being able to not touch the ground for a long time, though I messed it up.
    Last edited by Chdata; Mar 25, 2014 at 12:02 AM.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    You misunderstand. Wouldn't you dodge a lethal attack too? I usually ignore damage until I'm at like 200 HP where I can be one hit and then start playing more dodgey (more or less still fighting the same way I have been, but actually paying some attention for attacks coming my way until I decide to actually heal like ten minutes later).

Also, it isn't wasting time doding, if the dodge is literally the dash that shunka automatically makes you perform. You can't possibly be wasting time dodging, unless you're somehow know how to make shunka slashes happen at faster intervals between each other. It has its own natural movement.

Furthermore, I cancel shunka so I can start dashing towards another target when I end up killing a group of targets in two slashes, as opposed to slashing the air and stopping for my last one-two slashes.

Good job taking it way out of context though. If you aren't killing your first target (in my case, a group of targets) in one or two slashes and moving on to another group, you don't sound like you're living up to your potential.
    My notes:

-There is no need to dodge with flash guard 1 and flash tech guard.

-I assume you are going against something that takes more than one shunka step to kill if you need to dodge at all.

-Yes, I assumed you would guard cancel if everything was dead.

-Even in the new context, you are validating a defense investment.