Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast

Today we discuss for the 4,514,311'th time in history why tanking still sucks.

Sadly there are actually some people's brains that think not dying while doing shit damage is better than doing 10000x more dps and dying once in a while.

GG guys. Lets take a dump on the melee techer thread next. Gotta put those fools in their place (tails zondial bitch).

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    If you're talking about losing 10% damage to have a 75% chance of surviving an OHK then yeah, it doesn't sound horrible. The thing is the best PAs now some out very fast and do great damage. Also when you consider that a class like braver can literally stand invulnerable when fighting a boss using their most powerful PA with impunity and gunners can now avoid dodging and just heal back the damage with their PAs and maintain their high DPS just using a certain gun, it's easy to see where the drop off begins. To actually have to build for tanking while other classes can go raw DPS and still tank better than someone who built for it makes the whole prospect ridiculous.
    A few notes from my standard thought process:

-Nothing besides Falz's back can kill you in one hit as a Cast with the flash guard 1/flash tech guard. A 100% chance of never dying in one hit is more ideal than a 75% one.

-70% of max Fury still kills most everything in one Shunka step.

-What do you do for the other minute and a half after Katana Combat?

-What percentage of the community owns Guld Milla (that wants to use it)? Of those, how many have the potential unlocked?

But, if I did not mention it before, I am not really interested in arguing it is better or worse. Just giving everyone a few more things to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by jcart953 View Post
    Hmm....looking back at the last couple of pages I think a lot of you guys just seem like dicks.. and kinda just ruin the tank guys thread...I mean dont get me wrong I do recognize the title "today we debate Tanky Hu's" however looking through the topic it actually seemed more of a way for tanks to talk about there accomplishments (laugh I know right?) in building there builds. I mean its not hurting anybody they got 1 thread in this whole forum. Not to mention (I could be wrong) but the topic wasn't tanks vs DPS?? so Let them have fun until they turn it into tanks v dps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ship2Mikeh View Post

_SNIP-

Naturally as a tank I do not do much damage, I make up for this with 3 1K+ S-att swords and nice well rounded defenses, and as such still can outdamage most players.

-SNIP-

AMA, debate, dont be afraid to say this is the dumbest thing you've ever heard of in PSO2 I wanna hear it, just back it up with math and the like <3
    Looks like he thinks having the same sword everyone else does (lolsword) means he does more damage when he's built around defense. One look at this and you know he's having trouble understanding that ~1k Atk on a sword is(was at the time) par for the course, the sword is no longer considered a high DPS weapon and thinks whatever damage he's getting from his overend amounts to the same damage if not better than the damage other PAs put out because somehow 60k > 5000x20 + 8000x4. This alone is him casting the gauntlet suggesting he is outdamaging DPS builds.

Secondly he invites people to shit all over the thread. He says in plain English "debate, bring math".

People did exactly what he asked and we're dicks for it...seems legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillan View Post
    A few notes from my standard thought process:

-Nothing besides Falz's back can kill you in one hit as a Cast with the flash guard 1/flash tech guard. A 100% chance of never dying in one hit is more ideal than a 75% one.

-70% of max Fury still kills most everything in one Shunka step.

-What percentage of the community owns Guld Milla (that wants to use it)? Of those, how many have the potential unlocked?

But, if I did not mention it before, I am not really interested in arguing it is better or worse. Just giving everyone a few more things to consider.
    -The ohk was just talking about the practicality of iron will. if you go that deep into that messy part of the Hu tree for flash guard fine, but since you can get stagger locked just as easily as before, you still have to dodge. DPS down.
    -Admittedly it's only appears to be a 25% damage drop but conversely a full DPS build is actually doing 33% more damage than you. small fry who are getting killed in one hit from the first step of shunka are not the concern, it's the things with 80k+ hp that you run into in things like TD or fighting bosses where the difference between stagger locking them and not can amounts to a difference of 1 damage. in that scenario, losing out on 33% of your damage so you don't have to learn when to dodge or when you switch PAs is just clumsy and lazy.
    -you mean 70 seconds and braver can easily kanran small-fry and hatou big guys. They will still out DPS almost any class combination (I'm looking at you, gunners)
    -anyone who has access to premium probably has a guld milla now. many people here have gotten several of them. I personally have two - one of which is fully unlocked and +10. in fact anyone who wanted one probably handled it this month during the rewards period.
    Last edited by SociableTyrannosaur; Mar 24, 2014 at 09:00 PM.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Collect your reward because the boss is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_S View Post
    Collect your reward because the boss is dead
    Outside of emergency quests, that is probably true for an average party with 2 or more bravers. Valid point.
    Last edited by Pillan; Mar 24, 2014 at 08:55 PM.

Outside of emergency quests, that is probably true for an average party with 2 or more bravers. Valid point.
    it's actually true for a single braver.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Looks like he thinks having the same sword everyone else does (lolsword) means he does more damage when he's built around defense. One look at this and you know he's having trouble understanding that ~1k Atk on a sword is(was at the time) par for the course, the sword is no longer considered a high DPS weapon and thinks whatever damage he's getting from his overend amounts to the same damage if not better than the damage other PAs put out because somehow 60k > 5000x20 + 8000x4. This alone is him casting the gauntlet suggesting he is outdamaging DPS builds.

Secondly he invites people to shit all over the thread. He says in plain English "debate, bring math".

People did exactly what he asked and we're dicks for it...seems legit.

-The ohk was just talking about the practicality of iron will. if you go that deep into that messy part of the Hu tree for flash guard fine, but since you can get stagger locked just as easily as before, you still have to dodge. DPS down.
    -Admittedly it's only appears to be a 25% damage drop but conversely a full DPS build is actually doing 33% more damage than you. small fry who are getting killed in one hit from the first step of shunka are not the concern, it's the things with 80k+ hp that you run into in things like TD or fighting bosses where the difference between stagger locking them and not can amounts to a difference of 1 damage. in that scenario, losing out on 33% of your damage so you don't have to learn when to dodge or when you switch PAs is just clumsy and lazy.
    -you mean 70 seconds and braver can easily kanran small-fry and hatou big guys. They will still out DPS almost any class combination (I'm looking at you, gunners)
    -anyone who has access to premium probably has a guld milla now. many people here have gotten several of them. I personally have two - one of which is fully unlocked and +10. in fact anyone who wanted one probably handled it this month during the rewards period.
    My post still stands for 13 pages the main topic was about there accomplishments and builds...so sure lets go backwards not forward

The OP stated the purpose of the thread. You're saying ignore the OP and the purpose and give it a new purpose. that's going sideways.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT

it's actually true for a single braver.
    Sorry I missed your reply above that. Then my only notes afterward are these:

-Shunka and Overend are immune to knock effects, so getting hit while using either does nothing to reduce DPS. If you are getting hit between PAs, yeah, definitely something wrong.

-And is the above comment true for the average braver?

Personally, I do not see many guld millas on the gunners when I check random blocks, as I am curious about those things. But I do have more than a couple friends that are enjoying them. I will just take your word that everyone at 65 with premium who wants one has one.