Default Care To Help Me Out?

Still pretty new to the game, but on to the point.

I've heard that a great sub class for Ranger is hunter (not exactly sure why,I just heard), but I'd prefer to be a support/long range fighter. Which is why I'll be going with Ranger Sub:Techer

My question is, what would be a good beginner friendly build for this combo? Any type of response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Two In Harmony Surpasses One In Perfection...

That's the wrong approach. Unfortunately the gameplay isn't malleable enough to fit any style you might want to play.

First you gotta learn the basic rules of the game. By the time you do, I'm sure you will sub /hu for ra.

That being said, you could be the ultimate support dude, tails zondealing whole spawns for melee all around the place and WB'ing shit but that requires a certain finesse. And /ra would be there only for the wb, techer would be the main thing.

I think that you can use something like this for Ra/Te:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...b00000ib000008

with this build you can do constant support and don't have to waste your weak bullets rounds, since you can do PA instead. I am not sure if it can do the damage to solo play, but on a party it is a great help to have around.

Kinda interesting how everyone approaches PSO2 expecting traditional group mechanics.
    In reality it's pretty much just "kill everything ASAP" and not much else.

I started writing up a class ranking thing, and I ranked Ranger as the best support, solely because WB is ridiculously useful.
    I know it's not necessary, but it always helps a ton.

I really appreciate all of the feedback!

Ratazana: So you mean there's some sort of basic I'm not understanding here huh? Kind of wish you didn't leave a sentence like that so vague, but I can understand having RA as your main class might be hindering my potential by a lot. I just prefer to play it that way I guess. I'm usually in a party with friends so, I figured why not be a better support to them while still playing a class I liked.

Apostosis: This seems like it works out great! Pretty much answered what I needed. Thanks a lot man.

TaigaUC: One of my main partners is a braver who apparently has some sort of weakness slash. Combine that with WB and you get a disgusting amount of damage for a level 20 tag team. Also I'm not exactly sure how to play PSO "right" since this is my first legit Phantasy Star that isn't Zero or episode III. All I know is that I'm enjoying it lol.
    Two In Harmony Surpasses One In Perfection...

You can cast techs while you have your Assault rifle/WB out also, keep that in mind also if you can't get a good shot with a gun PA on an enemy fight. A good ol Zonde poke on a weakbullet hole is still useful when you can't really aim out a standing snipe sneekshot for tons of damage, or if you can't stand still long enough either

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Quote Originally Posted by Apostosis View Post
    I think that you can use something like this for Ra/Te:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...b00000ib000008

with this build you can do constant support and don't have to waste your weak bullets rounds, since you can do PA instead. I am not sure if it can do the damage to solo play, but on a party it is a great help to have around.
    Shifta and deband got nerfed to oblivion in PSO2, and Techer's skill don't save them. They are still nice to have on, but I only bother giving myself shifta these day, unless it's an EQ with wait time, like Elder.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...i200009b000008
    This is an alternative build based on the previous tree. I kept the PP Bullet Save (which I just noticed also affected technic), because the standard damage RA tree can be found in the build thread. I added lv1 Weak Hit Blast Bonus to boost your Photon Blast recharging to combine with the PP recovery PB (great support PB). TE wise, I simply shifted the spare SP that were in buffs boost to Territory Burst (cooldown goes from 30sec to 10sec, it's noticeable) and it's PP save skill (-7 PP maxed), it should have a bigger impact than those. TB affect resta, anti, shifta, deband, megiverse, zondeel and zanverse.

Both build so far are more of a party build. If you find you were to deal little damage on boss while supporting, don't forget that you can use Zanverse to deal 20% of the damage your party member are dealing while they are atk'ing in it's field.
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekTheSweet View Post
    Still pretty new to the game, but on to the point.

I've heard that a great sub class for Ranger is hunter (not exactly sure why,I just heard), but I'd prefer to be a support/long range fighter. Which is why I'll be going with Ranger Sub:Techer

My question is, what would be a good beginner friendly build for this combo? Any type of response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Because of Fury stance and everything related to Fury stance, critical boost, JA boost, etc.