Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default How to play the PSO2 Official SEA Version.

As most of you know there is an Official English version of PSO2 not released in NA. It only has episode one however everything except the voice acting (which is subbed) is officially in english. Anyways if you don't want to deal with unofficial patches it's pretty easy to download and play on the Singapore server however you'll need a vpn or proxy server for Singapore or one of the other countries that fall within the region.

First you'll need to download the official English client. You can try downloading the client with a VPN from the official website but below is a link to a torrent that was originally created by SEA that I reuploaded. You'll also need to manually patch if the regular patcher doesn't work. This is the official website it has the manual patches but I think you have to use a VPN to download them. They aren't very big so it's not a problem. This is the official website you can try to download the client there too if you don't want to use the torrent. http://pso2.playpark.com/en/ The website has lots of guides and instructions.

Please note if you do have to use the manual patches you must do them all in-order!

Official English Client Download Page (Requires VPN)
    Official English Client Torrent Download (Requires uTorrent or similar)

Manual Patch mirrors:
    Patch V2.0211.4 - V2.0221.6
    Patch V2.0221.6 - V2.0221.8
    Patch V2.0221.8 - V2.0231.2
    Patch V2.0231.2 - V2.0231.3

All of these patches are in their original form just reuploaded to mirrors and the torrent for the client was created by SEA.
    There are free VPNs but I couldn't seem to get them to work this is the one I use and it works really good so far but if someone has a better way to do it for free please post it in the thread. It would be nice to have a PSO2Proxy for this version of the game as well. Like the Japanese version I joined ship 2.

If you want to play on the Japanese servers which are actually a lot better and include Episodes 1 to 3 as well as other content I highly recommend the JP PSO2 Tweaker which can be found in this thread.
    Last edited by Link_of_Hyrule; Oct 6, 2014 at 01:41 AM.

are you a wizard?
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

or if going through all this trouble then just play the JP version

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    are you a wizard?
    Yeah I am a level 15 Wizard I just started a character on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpen Thingy View Post
    or if going through all this trouble then just play the JP version
    I have a character on the Japanese version and there is a lot of stuff you can't read even with the fan made english patches. It takes longer to download the regular patches, fan patches, and then md5 check everything and then it could possibly break and you have to fix it. You only have to turn on your VPN app and open the game and it works normal without doing anything else. That being said obviously the JP version is better because it has more content but for me it doesn't really matter since I'm behind on the content anyways and can't understand half of it. I appreciate the people who have worked hard to make tools to let us play the japanese version but it's nice to have an official english version even if it's region locked. Hopefully eventually they'll remove that restriction so we don't have to use a VPN. I have to use a proxy on the JP version now in addition to all the extra patches so this is a lot easier.
    Last edited by Link_of_Hyrule; Oct 6, 2014 at 01:27 AM.

the SEA official english translation is terrible... and applying the patches with tweaker doesn't take more than 5mins..

hassle? nigga please.

Seriously you guys are going to flame me because I was trying to be helpful? If you don't want to use it that's fine but there isn't any reason to be rude.

You going to face all of those problem, playing the exact same game (except it worse and far more outdated), you gonna regret moving from JP to SEA only to see the server burns and service ended.

While the translation itself pretty much "alright", i really hate the way Asiasoft treating PSO2 and Phantasy Star in general.

You probably should just post this guide somewhere else, like reddit for example since most people on PSO-W already playing on JP server.

Quote Originally Posted by Link_of_Hyrule View Post
    Seriously you guys are going to flame me because I was trying to be helpful? If you don't want to use it that's fine but there isn't any reason to be rude.
    Thanks man! But most of us play the japanese version, i think they just want whats best for PSO2 players including you, and sadly SEA is not best.

The guide is already posted for those that want it. I may decide to go back to the jp servers if I don't like the english one as much but so far it's pretty much exactly the same game play but more things are able to be read. I don't speak japanese so I couldn't tell you that it's a horrible translation it has been proper grammar and such from what I've played so far. You are right I don't really understand why there isn't a proper English release to the other areas of the world that want it. But really I don't understand why you would be so antagonistic against me posting a helpful guide in a forum dedicated to PSO2? I even said that the japanese version was better I'm not trying to force anyone to switch or anything I'm simply relaying information that others may want.

Quote Originally Posted by xxmadplayerxx View Post
    Thanks man! But most of us play the japanese version, i think they just want whats best for PSO2 players including you, and sadly SEA is not best.
    Thanks for being positive I agree I wish they just released an english version on the japanese servers to be honest lol. The community did a really great job with the unofficial patches and the tweaker and I've used it since day one of the games release and most likely I'll probably still check in every so often.
    Last edited by Link_of_Hyrule; Oct 6, 2014 at 01:37 AM.

Wrong section.

Also, I am pretty certain the gameplay is not the same.