Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Hey all. I contacted Cirno about the issue and this was the response:
    Noted.

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Bubsy?! Bubsy, is that you?! I know it's supposed to be Nyau btw, but seriously - that thing looks like a wannabe Bubsy with a Kokiri Lightsaber.

I hope it was not SEGA itself.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    I hope it was not SEGA itself.
    Wouldn't have to be Sega itself, although I wouldn't put it past them in anyway or at least because they could have hired a third party IP protection company at the very least who could do it on their behalf.

The only times I've really seen instances of a site getting shut down so fast in such a manner and without notice or response from the host was because the host received a cease and desist order alleging copyright infringement which is usually acted upon without any verification and gives the website owner little to no recourse to get his site back (host won't/can't communicate with the site owner per dmca). One of the issues being that these can be sent by anyone on behalf of anyone because nothing is verified of the accuser (and the accused is assumed guilty and punished instantly out of fear of litigation), are often done by automated tools using stupidly broad conditions filled with boilerplate threats and are handled by self proclaimed IP protection companies that use those large amounts of false flags from automated tools to justify their costs/existence to the company that is hiring them to protect their IPs out of the fear that was created by the often falsified reports (to make it look like the IP protection company is essential instead of being useless/harmful).

If it's not back up in a few days and if the host is still non-responsive (refusing rather then just not bothering to) about the issue then it would be wiser to look at exporting to another wiki pretty much rather then hope they will back track and restore access. If it were anything else, such as exceeding bandwidth costs or anything else pertaining to the costs of the site then it usually would have been responded to in order per their ToS and that would have been sent as a reply.

I mean, hopefully I'm wrong.. but this type of abuse from companies like that are sadly quite common and the results are repeated far, far to often to keep track of*.

* even google doesn't bother verifying much of them anymore because it receives millions of those requests a year and they decided to simply block access to the site in the DCMA complaint right away using automated tools now because of the costs of trying to verify in the legally allocated 3 days from notice receipt is impossible at that volume. And yes, google itself reported that 95% of those dcma flags were abuse of a system that they knew wouldn't check that they were outright false (in their transparency report it showed that 95% of them had nothing in them besides the boilerplate legal threats or even had everything in it wrong/gibberish), but nothing was ever done to fix it and it's only gotten worse over time.
    Last edited by Jiero; Jan 16, 2015 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyeNorvil View Post
    The strongest has fallen.
    Don't worry, auto respawn!

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    cirno would certainly do well to get some more approved helpers who could handle the small stuff like new AC scratches, but I don't trust y'all mofos with a completely open wiki.
    IIRC Cirno does have approved helpers.

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Hey all. I contacted Cirno about the issue and this was the response:
    Thank you.

Added to the OP.

I noticed but didn't pay attention as I'm pretty sure it will be back up. The webmaster seems quite passionate about the site despite not allowing other people to help improve it even more.

I'm sure he has his reasons, but really that site, like its style or not, has everything to be our own version of the jpwiki, but needs more staff, a lot more of it.

Hope it comes back soon

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    It would have been a million times smarter if he made it community-editable, like, any other wiki in the entire internet.
    I know. Maybe he's prideful, and doesn't want to ask for help when he obviously needs it. The site is hardly updated. I like the layout of cirno better than swiki, but swiki shits on cirno with updates/info.
    Can't we all just get along?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Wish we could just have all that info moved here onto PSO-W. Too bad no English huehuehue.

I don't think this is the first time it has gone down. I'd give it a day or two for it to come back.
    Jack - Ship 2 - Killer Panda