Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Shard View Post
    So, a quick question on upgrades. My current desktop has a Radeon 6850 card (don't even bother asking about the mb and processor =w=) and I'm curious to know opinions on whether it'll be able to still hold its own if I were to upgrade my mb and processor, or if I should consider upgrading that as well?
    My personal opinion: CPU and RAM is always priority, but if you think the GPU will stay far behind from the new CPU, and if you have the cash for it, go for all.

"The only thing necessary for lost data to prevail, is for good men to share nothing."
    Alucard, Internet Bible 03:20:1997

My understanding is there's no point getting an uber video card if the CPU, mobo and ram can't handle it.
    Also aim for a card that matches what you want to do. As in, don't get a card designed for 4k if you're only going to use up to 720p.

So, a quick question on upgrades. My current desktop has a Radeon 6850 card (don't even bother asking about the mb and processor =w=) and I'm curious to know opinions on whether it'll be able to still hold its own if I were to upgrade my mb and processor, or if I should consider upgrading that as well?
    My sister also has a HD6850 (which was my old card before I upgraded to a GTX960), though it's being completely limited by her CPU (which is just an old Core 2 Duo), so she only gets like 3k~4k range in the tier 6 benchmark at 1440x900.

The benchmark seems to be more CPU dependent than GPU dependent, but still an HD6850 is pretty outdated.
    It'd be enough for lower resolutions, 720p~900p range, but for 1080p I don't think I would expect much (maybe something like 3k range? no idea).
    The creator of the other topic about the benchmark scores got a score of 4224 at 1920x1200 with an HD5870 and a Core i7 920 (according to SEGA though, 2k~5k range is still considered an acceptable score), no idea how much of a limiting factor the CPU could be in that case (an i7 920 was pretty good when it was released, but current CPUs are considerably better), but, a HD5870 is more powerful than a HD6850...

May as well ask, what's your current CPU and what score do you currently get?
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Feb 29, 2016 at 10:31 PM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

I've been playing the beta on ps4 and even that doesn't handle it too well. There are obvious frame drops in even just solo forest, especially when it rains.

Has anyone run the test with a GTX680 btw? I would like to not have to upgrade GPU since this is the only game I play.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal255 View Post
    I've been playing the beta on ps4 and even that doesn't handle it too well. There are obvious frame drops in even just solo forest, especially when it rains.

Has anyone run the test with a GTX680 btw? I would like to not have to upgrade GPU since this is the only game I play.
    A 680 shouldn't have any problems with it (unless it would be paired with a weak CPU).

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    May as well ask, what's your current CPU and what score do you currently get?
    I get a score between 700-800 on stage 6... It's a Core 2 Quad 6600. >_<

Not a fan of the upscale. But whatevs.
    PSU ID - 30001139
    PSO2 JP Info:

Chalka / Parallax / Xavious Redd / Rydia / Cyrax / Paladin Crux

I get a score between 700-800 on stage 6... It's a Core 2 Quad 6600. >_<
    Ah, yeah, a CPU/MB upgrade would definitely help, not gonna be reaching 5k+, but I think the 2k~5k range should be achievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Yeah, no doubt about it - tier 6 is really bright with the bloom and the color tone curve in the city. Gonna have to mess with my reshade settings quite a bit to find a new sweet spot.

I've seen the hair aliasing with SGSSAA as well, but mine doesn't seem nearly as pronounced as yours (maybe dependent on hairstyle?).

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
    whats your nvidia settings? mines is jaggy as fuck
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

i get 3.5k at 1440 x 510 (equal to 720p) with hd4770 using A6-3500 processor. they're ancient!
    tier 6, with 2x supersample, and sweetfx running
    though i need to set shadow at 1 (but tier 6's AO? still working so its still nice)

i believe FQS is bottleneck for some people, i cant reach 100% GPU usage when fqs set to 1, have to set it at 2 or 3 at radeonpro
    for radeon users try to set your FQS higher, i heard crimson driver sets the FQS into 1 by default

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
    Last edited by seilent; Feb 29, 2016 at 11:24 PM.