Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ShinMegamiSensei View Post
    err, its not like theyre making you pay 160$ for a costume. It's if you managed to blow that much anyway trying to get it, and failed due to the bad rates. You can get it before then.

But I guess it's better to you guys that this trade shop doesn't exist and the whales get nothing for their money that they've already spent.
    I've spent $80 getting SG with the sole purpose of getting an Elder outfit. I managed to get it. But let me ask you was that recycle announced with or after the SG scratch had been released?

Now of all the things you had gotten from that scratch how many of them did you use already? I don't know about you but every ticket I got I already used once I decided who gets it because we can't trade these items. Finally how many boosters and CC exchange did you get? Because those have never been allowed to be exchanged in the AC recycle despite getting them from there just like grind risk reducers.

So at the end of it all I have about 6 items I can exchange meaning I can only get a triboost and nothing else. This recycle exchange rate is so much of a joke it is not even funny.

err, its not like theyre making you pay 160$ for a costume. It's if you managed to blow that much anyway trying to get it, and failed due to the bad rates. You can get it before then.
    These are items that a good portion of the player base has been looking forward to since they saw them however many years ago. They took what is probably the most anticipated group of items that there ever will be in the game, and made it an expensive, low-return gamble. That is what scratch always is, except unlike AC/FUN, you have to beat the RNG solo due to trading restrictions. Without mentioning that it is nigh impossible for free players to rack up enough SG to get favorable odds with this, even buying relatively high amounts of AC does little to alleviate the inherent problems.

But I guess it's better to you guys that this trade shop doesn't exist and the whales get nothing for their money that they've already spent.
    Ad Hominem is generally not my style, but are you actually an idiot or just being sarcastic to such a degree that I have missed it? No one thinks that we are better off without the option to trade in the useless items, but instead that the rates are shit and that the system is shit. Is this difficult to understand?

err, its not like theyre making you pay 160$ for a costume.
    If i would have 160$ that i could blow away, i would make a deal with you. If i get the Apprentice costume(original color) before 160$ i'lll give you the rest of the money, but if it costs more you pay it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superia View Post
    Ad Hominem is generally not my style, but are you actually an idiot or just being sarcastic to such a degree that I have missed it? No one thinks that we are better off without the option to trade in the useless items, but instead that the rates are shit and that the system is shit. Is this difficult to understand?
    Stop treating it as the only way to get the item then. (Not directed at you specifically). Yes, the rates are absolutely horrible, but it's something, when otherwise you'd have gotten absolutely nothing with 40 scratches before this shop was announced. I'm just taking issue with those that are treating this shop like that's the goal, to get 40 items. It's for those that scratched 40 items anyway using this shitty system. I wish it was lower too, I have clone characters that need apprentice wear, but RIP me. _(:3/

@SMS
    Don't put words in my mouth. I never said spending $160 was the only way.
    We all know there's a very small chance to get it before you spend $160.
    You think we're so stupid that we don't know that? Why do we need to state the obvious?

And don't give me "I guess you would prefer this system didn't exist!"
    I never said that either.
    You may as well have said "you should be glad you're not a starving child in Ethiopia!"
    You could say that to any problem in the world. It's still irrelevant and means nothing.

The fact is they did a bad job initially, and this recycling isn't great either.
    That doesn't mean we should bend over and celebrate.

There's no point in comparing with how things "could be worse". It means you are satisfied.
    Improvements can only be achieved by a person who thinks about how things could be better.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jun 26, 2016 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Err, I don't know what you even said. I just saw the calcs for how much it'd cost.

I'm the one who said "So it's about $160 for an outfit? No thanks."

Obviously I am basing that off my garbage luck.
    Getting 40 bad rolls is a very likely scenario, especially with those rates.

Everyone knows how the rolls work. I don't think we need to keep repeating it.
    If I did repeat it, you know someone around here would whine that I'm beating a dead horse.
    So you should be assuming that for any discussion about this, people have already factored in the small chance of success.

In general, I am not a fan of how online games handle virtual goods.
    In real life, if you want a damn shirt, you can just go to the shop and buy one for a set price.
    You don't need to gamble a huge amount of money for a chance to get the shirt in the color you want, for the gender you want.

Yes, I know virtual goods are not the same as real life goods. But you are still paying real life money for stuff you don't want.
    If there was no ability to recycle, you could spend an infinite amount of money and never get what you want.
    And there are other factors, such as, when the game service ends, or if SEGA decides to block you, your purchased goods disappear forever.

I think I had one other good point, but I'm tired and forgot what it was.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jun 26, 2016 at 05:21 PM.

Well, I'm just gonna go ahead and apologize, I was misunderstood, and/or I can't convey what I am trying to say properly, haha. I'm agreeing with all of you, it sucks. Can't really defend sega with this mobage type stuff. I just see it as, before we had a terrible scratch, now we have a terrible scratch with something you can get if you put enough into it. I am not saying to praise sega, lol... But I'm stating the obvious and I apologize.

I wasn't replying to your post, Taiga. It seems we were both replying to the same detail, about how much it'd cost to get 40 SG items with AC.

tl;dr i hate it as much as everyone else :v sorry.

I didn't really want you to apologize. Don't worry about it.
    I'm sure I've misread or assumed some things here and there as well.

Sorry for sounding mean in my reply. Tired right now and kinda grumpy.

And you don't necessarily need to agree.
    Nothing wrong with disagreeing if you have a good argument.

Stop treating it as the only way to get the item then. (Not directed at you specifically). Yes, the rates are absolutely horrible, but it's something, when otherwise you'd have gotten absolutely nothing with 40 scratches before this shop was announced. I'm just taking issue with those that are treating this shop like that's the goal, to get 40 items. It's for those that scratched 40 items anyway using this shitty system. I wish it was lower too, I have clone characters that need apprentice wear, but RIP me. _(:3/
    Not the only way, you say? Suppose I want the damaged apprentice visor (which I do). With a .781% pull rate, 40 tries gives me less than a 27% chance of getting it. The other 73% of the time, it is faster to exchange for it. 40 items (assuming they allow all SG items to count, which is not assured) is the goal. Do you understand?

Edit: Actually you clarified in a later post.