Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ShinMegamiSensei View Post
    err, its not like theyre making you pay 160$ for a costume. It's if you managed to blow that much anyway trying to get it, and failed due to the bad rates. You can get it before then.
    These are items that a good portion of the player base has been looking forward to since they saw them however many years ago. They took what is probably the most anticipated group of items that there ever will be in the game, and made it an expensive, low-return gamble. That is what scratch always is, except unlike AC/FUN, you have to beat the RNG solo due to trading restrictions. Without mentioning that it is nigh impossible for free players to rack up enough SG to get favorable odds with this, even buying relatively high amounts of AC does little to alleviate the inherent problems.

But I guess it's better to you guys that this trade shop doesn't exist and the whales get nothing for their money that they've already spent.
    Ad Hominem is generally not my style, but are you actually an idiot or just being sarcastic to such a degree that I have missed it? No one thinks that we are better off without the option to trade in the useless items, but instead that the rates are shit and that the system is shit. Is this difficult to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Superia View Post
    Ad Hominem is generally not my style, but are you actually an idiot or just being sarcastic to such a degree that I have missed it? No one thinks that we are better off without the option to trade in the useless items, but instead that the rates are shit and that the system is shit. Is this difficult to understand?
    Stop treating it as the only way to get the item then. (Not directed at you specifically). Yes, the rates are absolutely horrible, but it's something, when otherwise you'd have gotten absolutely nothing with 40 scratches before this shop was announced. I'm just taking issue with those that are treating this shop like that's the goal, to get 40 items. It's for those that scratched 40 items anyway using this shitty system. I wish it was lower too, I have clone characters that need apprentice wear, but RIP me. _(:3/

Stop treating it as the only way to get the item then. (Not directed at you specifically). Yes, the rates are absolutely horrible, but it's something, when otherwise you'd have gotten absolutely nothing with 40 scratches before this shop was announced. I'm just taking issue with those that are treating this shop like that's the goal, to get 40 items. It's for those that scratched 40 items anyway using this shitty system. I wish it was lower too, I have clone characters that need apprentice wear, but RIP me. _(:3/
    Not the only way, you say? Suppose I want the damaged apprentice visor (which I do). With a .781% pull rate, 40 tries gives me less than a 27% chance of getting it. The other 73% of the time, it is faster to exchange for it. 40 items (assuming they allow all SG items to count, which is not assured) is the goal. Do you understand?

Edit: Actually you clarified in a later post.