Page 1 of 53 12341151 ... LastLast

I've set up a mini-RPG using Microsoft Access. The file allows one to input character and weapon statistics, and use them to simulate a fight.

And therefore, I introduce: HUNTER WARS!

HOW TO PLAY
    To set up your character, simply reply here with your character's name, class, given stats and the weapon you will be using. Here are the character stats

-Strength (increases maximum damage and HP at the rate of 1 HP per point)
    -Endurance (decreases global damage received and increases HP at the rate of 3 HP per point)
    -Accuracy (increases minimum damage and chance of hitting)
    -Agility (decreases global damage received and increases chance of blocking)

2500 points are available for you to distribute. Once done, calculate your HP. To do this, multiply your Endurance by 3, then add your Strength. The result is your HP.

Finally, choose a weapon, give it a name and you're ready to go. There are no restrictions for weapons, so feel free to use a Sniper even if you're a FOnewearl. The only requirement is that the name you give must include the weapon type (E.G.: Metro Sniper, Saber of the Templar, 12-Bullet Shotgun, etc.)

-Sniper (40-460)
    -Gun (100-400)
    -Saw (120-380)
    -Partisan (150-350)
    -Shotgun (180-320)
    -Sword (200-300)
    -Saber (210-290)
    -Blades (220-280)

The numbers indicate minimum and maximum damages respectively. As you see, some of them are riskier than others. Play it safe or play it lucky! ^.^ Here is an example of my starting stats:

SHURIKANE (Insa-Type RAcaseal)
    Level 1
    Strength: 700
    Endurance: 450
    Accuracy: 650
    Agility: 700
    Weapon: Delsaber Anger Blades (110-140)
    HP: 2050

LEVELING UP
    There are 50 levels you can obtain. You need to win 1 fight to go to level 1, then 2 fights to get to level 2, then 3 fights and so on and so forth.

Each level gives you 100 bonus points on your stats and 30 bonus points on your weapon. Distribute freely! The only limitation concerning weapons is that minimum damage may NEVER exceed maximum damage. This is also taken into account during fights, so when you upgrade your Accuracy, give some points to your Strength to reduce the chance of being stuck.

So for example, I plan my next level this way: I'll give 40 to my Strength, 15 to my Endurance, 20 to my Accuracy, 25 to my Agility, and 30 to my Maximum Damage. There. That's my level up.

If you level up, PM me with how many points you add to which stats so that I may update you. You have 3 days or until the time I post up your next match to do this, whichever time is longest. Failure to do so will have you do your next fight without your bonus points.

I WANNA FIGHT!!!
    Got your stats and your weapon? Okie-dokie. First, announce your character here, so that I may see it and plan a fight for him. Due to calculating limitations, the only possible fights are one-on-one (sorry!!)

Once I get enough fighters, the tournament will begin.

Winners, add a victory to your notepad. Losers, add a defeat. Feel free to display your scorecard in your sig or profile. BE SURE TO KEEP WITHIN THE SIG LIMITS!

The battle system is done so that both fighters attack each other at the same time.

The battle ends when one of the fighters dies or ten rounds go by without anyone scoring a hit. If the latter happens, highest HP wins.

SOUNDS HUGE?
    Not that much actually. Here's a recap of the steps to take to make yourself a character and challenge someone else:

1) Assign your stat points. You have 2500 to use.
    2) Calculate your HP: multiply your Endurance by 3, and add your Strength to get your HP.
    3) Choose a weapon and give it your custom cool name.
    4) Post up your character here.
    5) Wait for your fight. Once the winner is declared, update your scorecard, and assign points if you have leveled up.

Bingo, that's all! So submit those characters now! Spots are limited!

LIMIT: ONE CHARACTER PER PERSON
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

This here is a sample fight between me and any random guy, say John. Normally, I would have designed a full story, but this here is just the example.
    ------------------------------

SHURIKANE (Insa-Type RAcaseal)
    Level 1
    Strength: 700
    Endurance: 450
    Agility: 700
    Weapon: Delsaber Anger Blades (220-280)
    HP: 2050

JOHN (RAmar)
    Level 1
    Strength: 675
    Endurance: 530
    Agility: 645
    Weapon: Harrison Classic Black Shotgun (180-320)
    HP: 2265

------------------------------

The fight starts with a bang: Shuri hits John for 322 damage and John replies with a hit of 422!
    BAM! The two strike each other again for 429 and 303!
    The opponents take a step back. Both attempt an attack but they miss.
    Frustrated, Shurikane strikes ahead and her hand penetrates deep into John's leg for 382 damage!
    Shuri tries to follow with another strike but John fires his shotgun and she retreats her hand at the last minute.
    The two charge at each other and the resulting carnage lets Shuri deal 327 damage and John 438!
    John desperately aims at Shurikane and fires a direct hit for 423 damage! Shuri is in a critical condition!
    Shuri suddenly leaps back and takes a more cautious stance. She activates her shields to parry John's salvo and gives him a downslash for 300 damage!
    John hasn't said his last word and fires straight into Shurikane's shoulder for 298 damage. Thrown off-balance, the RAcaseal's attack only manages to scratch the ranger for 261 damage. John is starting to bleed profusely!
    Careful, Shurikane attempts a quick swing but fails. John tries to take advantage of the moment but he fires too quickly and misses the android by three feet.
    John aims again and fires, but Shuri was ready for this one. She attempts to align her shields to bounce the bullets back, but the maneuver is useless.
    Not ready to lose this one, Shurikane shouts a war cry, dashes forth and deals John a giant uppercut with her middle finger extended to add insult to injury and to deal 316 damage. John's jaw suddenly rips off and the ranger falls limp on the floor!!

Shurikane wins by a hair with 166 HP remaining!

BATTLE STATS
    The fight lasted 11 rounds.
    Shurikane landed 7 hits. John landed 5.
    There were 3 double misses and 4 double hits.
    Best hit for Shurikane: 429 damage. Best hit for John: 438 damage.
    Best combo: Both John and Shurikane, with 2 consecutive hits each.

Fate binds us, destroys us.

Logical2u (Ex-Military RAmar)
    Level 1
    Strength: 600
    Endurence: 600
    Accuracy: 700
    Agility: 600
    Weapon: "Logical" Semi-Automatic Photon Gun (AUW 2051) (100-400)
    HP: 2400

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Logical2u on 2003-08-27 14:05 ]</font>

Zi'Zuku (FOnewm)
    Level:1
    Strength:300
    Endurance:500
    Acuracy:800
    Agility:900
    HP:1800
    Weapon: M82 Barret (sniper)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Z on 2003-08-26 07:55 ]</font>

"QUICK, CHANGE ZE CHANNEL!!"

Watchin Ya

Phantom of Partisans (Fomar)
    Level 1
    Strength: 500
    Endurance: 1000
    Accuracy: 400
    Agility: 600
    Weapon: Sun Partisan
    HP: 3500

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neoluke12 on 2003-08-26 09:52 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neoluke12 on 2003-08-26 09:53 ]</font>

You guys make my feel like a flick could knock me over ^_^

Gardian of the Heavens

Alan (FOmar)
    Level: 1
    Strength: 300
    Endurence: 1100
    Accuracy: 550
    Agility: 550
    Weapon: Water Blades(Elemantal strengh)(220-280)
    Hp: 3600

Think i got it all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neverwinter on 2003-08-30 07:56 ]</font>

Bastalion (HUmar)
    Level 1
    Strength: 400
    Endurance: 1700
    Accuracy: 250
    Agility: 150
    Weapon: Algarant Sword (200-300)
    HP: 5500

Wow, lotsa replies a-comin'!

FYI guys, I'll wait until I get at least a dozen people before I start the wars. What I'll do is make a playoffs tree. Winner will... I dunno... Will get the chance of not losing!

thats good to know! only i think i'm probably gonna get killed, pretty fast (i stressed agility and accuracy while everyone else stressed strength and endurance ^_^)