Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Did I ever say Ep1&2 didn't have PvP?

I said it lacked in the PvP department. If you got the wrong idea, I'm sorry.

Battle Mode was pretty boring, compared to all other PvP options on other MMORPGs.

On 2004-04-07 08:20, Ifrit wrote:
    Episode III is nothing like Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh. And by the way, Boomas can normally be killed by one hit from a saber.
    OFFMGMFMGod...
    I just watched Yugi-Oh! yesterday and it was very much alike PSO...

My mom laughed her ass off at me because she knows I hate card games (excluding poker...and...)

I agree that PSO episode 3 is not really a card game,

-You dont change card position for different command
    -You have to move your character around
    -You dont get stuff like exodia =P
    -No face down cards to let your opponent guess
    -One card dont always beat another (example- 3 rappy > 1 booma)

There are probably more...

This is a turn base strategy game. Whoever use "OMG! It is a freaking card game!" as excuse to not even try it, all fit into the category of blockheads who dont dare to go to the other side of the river.

i wish they made a mass online ver of pso rather than cards, looks like they wont tho lol

Mofo in the Know

If it wasn't cards, more people would play it. But really, what difference does it make?
    They could have just had the items and the weps without cards but ST is odd that way.

hm..i do think its a card game
    u got a deck, a playground. u use cards (duh) so of course its a card game. yes it has other rules than yugioh or pokemon, but its still a cardgame. and this doesnt mean it sux, cuz this game is the best pso till now. tactics are cool, and many other stuff, like the songs and such. its just way cooler, play it first, then judge.

On 2004-04-07 20:23, badbitz wrote:
    If it wasn't cards, more people would play it. But really, what difference does it make?
    They could have just had the items and the weps without cards but ST is odd that way.
    I completely agree with you on this, badbitz. They could have just made all the items and creatures and such in a menu, or for a more "PSO" feel that would make it more popular, a customization bar with them in it. Just because there is a square picture placed within a rectangular viewing field that looks like a card make a "card game", sure, but the term "card game" doesn't really mean much in a video game anyways.

The only thing really card gameish about it is that they look like cards. They could have done the exact same thing any other way and you can bet not as many people would see it as an "omfgwtf" card game.

And yes there is tactics and strategy to the game. It's not all just "a dice roll", otherwise each game would be 5 seconds long, consisting of a single dice roll to see who wins.

Master of Enemy Parts

I know if I really post this flammers will be on me, but here I go. I'm probaly one of the few people that I know of who were waiting for Ep3. Don't be saying, "It's a Tcg, it's gonna suck". Don't judge a book by it's cover people. It's nothing like Pokemon or Yugioh. Just go play and see for yourself.

Svm Inimicus Mali

On 2004-04-07 10:13, Ian-KunX wrote:
    Y'know, people keep comparing Ep3 to Pokemon and Yugioh. Yugioh maybe I can see, but Pokemon has slightly more depth in some areas. I know Arkz are already horribly broken, but how about some multiple attacks for them? Y'know, for stuff like say, a Delbiter or Ill Gill that does more in the original game than just whack you once. Give Hunters selections of different types of attacks on their weapons or something to make up for it. Normal, Heavy and Special attack anybody?
    Isn't that what the Action Cards are for?

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

That and that when they whack you, they whack you *good* to make up for the fact that they are only attacking once.