Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

If you have the JP version of the game it should work.
    Maybe ST didn't realize that the US players couldn't and did a maintenence on it?

Hmm...

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Well, it is possible, that like the Dengeki, the scores simply arent shown for US players. Are you able to enter the tournaments, or do they not show up for you?

If you can enter them, heck, even if I couldn:t play, I::d go up against the high rankers just for a chance to take them down and let someone else catch up.

I have been surfing around the lobby and viewing battles for couple hours...

I did see some E player having their gather cup rank thou... There were also some special tourny that you had to enter, with the name G-Cup or something like that. Playing in regular tournament that was called solo or team wont give you any Gather points.
    Now, did the US version players actually got some gather points? I dont know...

after going through countless viewing, there were only 1 group deck that impressed me... it was kind of sad that 50-60% of people that made into final round of any tourny are using machine deck or rather a little customized machine deck that based off the oringinal... So, there werent too many variety.

Anyhow, I repected the people that at least play in the first ship... Where most people are, and then there are those com bashers in every other ship... ST really should have made it 1 ship and 4-6 blocks...

Oh yea, I got to see a SONICTEAM member for a sec =D with orange name SONICTEAM and a FOnewm in white. (yea no biggy...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2004-06-02 10:31 ]</font>

So happily unsatisfied

My partner and I entered the G1 tournies and played in them. When we won, at the screen where it normally would say meseta earned, it said something like Gather acquired. So everything was cool except for the fact that we didn't get a ranking over our heads. But from what I saw, all the JP rankings were 1 anyway. Maybe I just didn't look enough.

All the JP players started with rank of 1. This was updated whenever a player logged off and back on, as rank normally updates.

Yeah, I agree with the whole Machine deck thing, and I have to say, but I'm not exempt, playing a variation of it myself. But really, when you're playing to rank highly and win, and the opponent is going to come at you with something like that, you have to either answer in kind or be crushed.

I haven't seen or heard anything from ST officially regarding US players eligibility or ineligibility for play, besides the lack of rank aboe the head, which, as stated, could just be a screw up on STs side.

As for my final day 1 score, 3200 Gather and rank 128. Not going to place overall I'm thinking, with that score, but hey, its worth a shot.

Final score day 1 - ranked 23. I don't fancy my chances much though, there are exploits, I found them but I took time to find them, whereas I'll bet by tomorrow everybody will know and I won't stand a chance.

I had 100 more points than my partner. I TOTALLY MESSED UP the first tourny by accidentally entering in a different slot to my partner, whereby I did the first round alone, my partner got beat and when I came up to some human players I quit so I could join the next tourny rather than spend time losing.

I suspect that this error has cost me the entire Cup.

And yeah, EVERYBODY is using machine deck, so I thought, to hell with it, I'm using it too to stand a chance in the finals. It's very unfair but I want to get to the finals. You're right Arislan, there is NO way to do this other than machine deck + that exploit I won't reveal here. The entire system is a complete shambles once again.

I gotta agreee too... There's practically no point to this, everyone is using either A) Machine deck or B) 100% Machine deck counter, as far as i've seen, and from what friends have told me.

This tournament will end up in the luckiest winning, whoever gets the better draws and dice, since the decks are all practically identical, so far. I honestly hope there's a PSO 3v2, to fix the massive number of faults in the game, and that the Gather Cup really helps illustrate to Sonic Team that there's alot wrong here.

Don't get me wrong, I adore this game, and would love to win the tourney, but it's come down to "Can I find a cheaper deck?", unlike the neat old tricks like Shim's Sange & Yasha + HP Attack, and such.

But i'll still keep trying, only two losses today, #127 ^_^

Wow, this is unbelievable.... Sonic Team has just reached a new low.

[edit] Well, i'm not gonna pay 9 bucks a month so that Sonic Team can fuck with me just because I have round eyes. I quit. Goodbye PSO, and may you wallow in your own FSODs. [/edit]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DruidMettool on 2004-06-02 11:38 ]</font>

Fuck it, you know what? Im going to reveal the exploit, and to hell if I get banned, because the loophole in the system has pissed me off so much that to hell with it. I did it myself after it occured to me within 20 mins of starting. By that point it was already too late, I had missed the first round.

First off, you and your partner have to work together. Now I was able to do this because I AM *sigh* my partner, Zane didn't show up so I used the second cube to play on COM bash teams with myself as a partner. You go to every goddamn block, every ship on the whole game. If there's nobody else in the next tourny you register yourself in a slot and call it "Yoyaku" - reserved. Many people will ignore it but some won't. There are MANY Japanese and importer teams doing this. After registering every vacant Cup tourny in the top slot, your partner then goes and joins every one. You write it all down on a piece of paper. Then 10 mins before the start, you go to every ship you registered at and cross off the ones that have people in, then join the one with no people/least people. It's not so much the fact that you can't beat people, but if people are in it you can bet your life they will take FRICKING FOREVER on their rounds and ruin your chance of scoring enough points. OK so now you have your game, and it's most likely COM all the way, so you use your best COM bashing deck and thrash the COM. But, you want to be in the match in an hour's time, so after half an hour's gone past of you playing the COM tourney, whichever point you are in the tourney you stall it til you're out as soon as the next tourney appears on the list. Now, you only have 3 mins to reserve the next tourney, so you go to the ships with all the least people in, and where there are no people you join with your "Yoyaku" team. You time it well so on the clock you are back to finish your present tourny. After each round you go out again and reserve more teams, then after finishing the tourny you are in, you leave and check all the tournys you joined, then stay in the ship with only COM/least humans. After 2 hours 20 mins are up, even if you have not finished the current tourny, you QUIT IT and join the last on the list to grab those precious extra points, using the exploits outlined above. It's fucking stupid. And everybody's doing it. And I can vouch that in the first cups everybody was doing Jack Bauer, except not with the 2 cubes system, but with their friends who they'd probably paid/bribed/drawn straws with to be allowed to be beaten up for a full 24 hours. I know that because I saw it and I also saw the people doing it talking to each other, they were mostly Japanese players too. The whole thing disgusts me, not the practice of it because it's tyhe ONLY way to get anywhere, but the fact that Sega allow this sort of crap. Gather thought they had eliminated the Jack Bauer system by making your points equal if you COM bashed, TOTALLY oblivious to the fact that people would merely reserve ship after ship then move to the only unpopulated ones they could find. Last I checked I was using this system, Billie Joe was using this system, Nobu-chan (god ranked JP player) was using this system. It's not actually cheating because the game allows it, totally without question, you can reserve games on MULTIPLE ships and why does the server allow it? Yep it required brains to figure it out but that isn't what the game is about.

So ban me. It'd do me a heck of a lot of good.

I don't even consider that an exploit in game terms. The behavior is programmed to be precisely that way, for exactly the reason you explained. So that when you leave one tournament, you're already registered for another elsewhere, and just go hopping off to keep up your gameplay. One of the reasons the servers have 2 hour listings of tourney times.

Yeah, I can see how people will abuse the sysem of com bashing instead of human play, but really, as soon as ST announced that points totals don't change, you'd better bet that just about everyone and their mother got themselves set to jump on the poor CPU.