Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

First off I made it to top 50 which means I gained many places yesterday after being knocked down to 90 odd on the first day due to several errors and time wasters. There is a strong chance I could have got into the top 32. However I don't want to, and here is why.

This whole tournament is bullshit. Only people lucky enough to score a ship without people in it have managed to climb high, and yes Malk, I know you have not done this but you have also been EXTREMELY lucky with not facing many time wasters. It is all literally COM bashers and very lucky people in the final. Not to insult you but it is not so much based on skill, while you have needed skill to beat your games, MANY people of your skill level have been delayed by retards who can't bash a COM in under 10 minutes. While the rest of the people in the final are made up of COM bashers.

It has been hell for me trying to catch up. I know you disliked me for looking for COM tournies, but this was AFTER I slipped so bad to time wasting FOOLS I had to climb back up by finding the guaranteed fastest battles. Ironically it's usually Japanese people who delay you. It's the ones who refuse to use machine deck on principle, now I have asked these people why no machine deck on the bloody COM thus causing people to get delayed by half an hour, and they have answered that they don't want people on view battle seeing that they even own machine deck. I am sorry, but I think you OWE it to the other people in the tourney to use an efficient deck when facing the COM!

And yet, I have not had much luck finding COM games. I know who HAS though. There was a certain duo reserving every ship who then stood in the only one they could find with no other humans (and there was usually only one, thanks to their tactics leaving this ship empty) telling everybody to piss off. Sadly the Japanese players obliged them, they are now in the top ten. I was so tempted to machine deck them to teach them a lesson, but that would have jeopordised my position had they taken too long.

I mean it was literally like this.

"Arion go away."
    "Arion your partner Servelan was here, he said to go to ship 03 (or whatever." That's funny because last I checked I was not suffering from multiple personality disorder - Servelan is me!"
    "Servelan, please tell Arion to go away."

And so on and so forth.

I did manage to find a ship with two other COM bashers who lacked any talent whatsover, they were placed in the top 20. Japanese team. Malk, you will be pleased to know I robbed them of a total of 2500 points - faced them twice yesterday so that must have clear knocked them out of the finals. Which they deserved, because they sucked. I know I was COM bashing too but I am of the opinion that I deserved a place in the finals because I do not suck. Yet I am also of the opinion that this tourny is bullshit.
    The very fact I faced them robbed me of a 1000 points, they took forever and I had to cancel that tourney before the end so I could get in the last one of the day. Whereby I faced them again, and whereby they sucked and I beat them again. IMO I deserved those entire 2 games to be COM. Because had there had been humans in it besides them, I'm of little doubt I'd have beat them all anyway. I also NEEDED that 1000 points to clear me over the 32 threshold. Lost, thanks to 2 time wasting idiots.

1. Everybody is COM bashing and you cannot blame them because humans take forever in their battles.

2. The time limit is bullshit. Why only 3 hours for 3 days? This is farcical, it means that even the talented players who get knocked back by machine deck or time wasters CANNOT gain ground. I knew I was doomed when I had 2 games screwed up on the first day. I had figured in my head the sort of practices needed to win this, and I knew full well losing 1 1/2 hours off the total time of only 9 hours would doom me.

3. There are only going to be Arkz in the final. Jesus did nobody look at this grid and figure this? Small grid, so while not on the surface good for Arkz, you can place your 1 pointers anywhere and therefore totally block the other team. There are stupid blocks in the way which a la Unguis Lapis will be used to Arkz advantage. Yet again a MASSIVE advantage for Arkz in a serious tourney! Sega you are surely bullshitting me with this!

4. I don't think games of 4 Arkz require any particular skill, moreso luck and who gets the first turn on the dice roll. Yep, you go first you can place monsters all round you, all round them, and lo, they can not place stuff anywhere viable.

5. I don't want to fight Billie Joe in the final. I'd rather quit than win or lose to him and put up with his jeering which genuinely makes me want to go swallow a packet of aspirin. If I lost he would make it hell for me, the game would be unplayable for the whole of the foreseeable future.

6. Malk, I don't want to fight you either. I know you use dual Arkz and I hate dual Arkz, but I also know on this grid I don't stand a chance without responding in kind. This is a bullshit sort of baqttle and with our equal skill levels, based purely on luck. I know for a fact I'm not mature enough to take it well if I lose to bad luck, and well, I don't want to kick off on you. Again.

7. I don't want to be accused of cheating for being my partner and playing on a team comprised of me, 2 cubes and 2 monitors. I was only going to do that in the prelimaries because Zane failed to show the first day. However people know I did this and I also know I am talked about behind my back. Malk I know you and Yuji talked about me behind my back. Yuji, let it be known now that while I get on with Malk I dislike you. Caught you yesterday saying I was cheating for trying to gain ground on COM bashing. Well I don't care, I DESERVED this cup as much as you, it was not my fault I lost SERIOUS time on the first day and finding fast partners was the only way I would get anywhere. May I also say that every human I faced I BEAT, so I KNOW I deserved the cup! I know you got beat at least once, so don't call me out on COM bashing. I DESERVED A PLACE IN THE CUP! I will wish luck to Malk even if it means you getting your win. But that pains me greatly. And nope this ain't flame baiting. I dislike the guy. No name calling. I just dislike him.

8. I feel that the US players have had it WAY easier than us, with their ladder of much less players and a lot less used to the COM bashing tricks used by the Japanese. I think it's very unfair, we should have been on the same ladder.

9. This tourney is total, utter bullshit. Sega, here is your very simple solution to this kind of crap.

a. Stop making tournies time limited like this. People lose their chance to idiot time wasters.

b. STOP FUCKING MAKING GRIDS THAT FAVOUR ARKZ IN MAJOR TOURNIES!

c. Make it so everybody gets a chance. Have a system whereby you have tickets for tournies so you can only have a certain number of battles. That way, no bullshit COM bashing for less time taken, and then everybody can climb the ladder fairly.

d. Reduce the number of tournament ships DRASTICALLY so everybody has to play on one or 2 ships.

e. Now, make the cup time run to a week so everybody get a chance to use all their battle tickets. Now the people left with the most meseta are the ones with skill. Or with machine deck - still a problem there. Bout time the sinow beat card was patched? I think so, Sega, you fucking idiots.

I'm quitting now because of the animosity that has already arisen between people on the group and in the game because of Sega's UTTER failure to police a game properly. Hell yesterday I saw Tails on the same ship as Sadako (just remembered her name) who was the person telling people to go away and leave her ship. Did Tails tell her off? Did he fuck, and we all know he speaks some English. No, all he did was go around saying "Good Luck! Have fun! Thanks for playing" in Japanese and English. Let it be said, Tails is not much use.

Once more another case of when you die you see the Ring. (Sadako was the monster child in the JP version).

- Shimarisu

[quote]
    On 2004-06-04 04:55, Shimarisu wrote:
    7. I don't want to be accused of cheating for being my partner and playing on a team comprised of me, 2 cubes and 2 monitors.

Ack, just realised what that looks like, that I have 2 people monitoring my battles and telling me what cards the other team have. What it means is I have 2 RGB monitors rather than TVs...argh.

Yes, ST did really mess up this time, as always, by not even bothering to look at the basic problems in the game (obvious Arkz favored maps) before making such a tournament.

I must say, about the US players though, that it may seem that even though their ladders are displayed differently, they are actually still in the same final list. I know some of the US players (like myself) got really screwed over when we thought that the US wasn't even included, so didn't bother, only to find out that it was counted anyways. ST didn't even patch that up until after the first day had already passed.

For an international tournament, it wasn't planned very well. Hopefully (yeah, right), they will learn from this and better prepare themselves next time.

I feel the same in many things. First day I said 3 times to SONICTEAM representative that 4 ships was too much because tournies were full of COMs. And that if they could remove some ships for tuesday and friday.

He answered, Enjoy! have a good time! or things like that.
    I dont blame him tho... is just a poor worker, I guess.

Arion, err Shim, I haven't talk bad of you. I mailed you saying what I thought but I didn't comment with anyone else. More than a "exploit this registration bug is cheap". But it wasn't referred to anyone specifically.

Even considering all that I still wanted to do my best and try to reach finals. And that 5th place 1st day gave me forces for try it, since I was tempted to quit the tourney with all this com bashing. We prepared for play against humans. Me and Yuji aren't much experienced in COM bashing. We do between 5-7 minutes normally. Not 3-4 like other players.

And I dunno if we'll be in final. Today has been our worse day. Well we are out. Only a miracle can make us enter in the final.

Ah and.. we don't use Dual Arkz. We use 2 Hunter team. Yuji hates Arkz. I like both sides equally but watching all the MC decks. Mixed MC and Dark for undefendable attacks, Red slimes, etc. I feel more comfortable trying to win win Hunters.

Arion, err Shim, I haven't talk bad of you. I mailed you saying what I thought but I didn't comment with anyone else. More than a "exploit this registration bug is cheap". But it wasn't referred to anyone specifically.
    I had to do it though. HAD to. I was ranked 90 on the first day because of being utterly screwed over by slow people. I can't even imagine HOW you got the score you have. I think you have been very lucky with this, not being in tournys where you had to wait half an hour, etc etc. I am actually starting to think I was sabotaged on purpose. It happened twice to me, after all, and both times the person took half an hour to lose to the COM. I suspect people seriously of cheating in sabotaging like this. What kind of idiots lose to the COM? What kind of IMBECILES take half an hour to do so? Then when I fought humans, they took fricking forever, so how on earth have you got the score you have? It is beyond crazy to me - it does not seem possible without (again, no offence) the best luck in the world. You've even lost at least one game and I have not lost a single one, so I can't imagine how you've worked so fast. That was why I got angry with you yesterday. I admit I was jealous as hell. You were 5th, and Billie who had not lost a single match was 15th or something - how is it possible? How? That is why I answered your mail about me reserving games with "I DON'T CARE." I was seriously disappointed by how I had slipped so far through no fault of my own. I never lost a single game and yet the whole thing was ruined. COM bashing on the second day got me under rank 50. But I had had enough. The few times I fought humans that day wrecked my chances, because they were so slow. I was especially angry at one guy. His partner did not show, so he said "Kill me quickly so I can make the next tourny." I was delighted, a chance to gain ground FINALLY! It was the last match too and the next tourny was up in 15 minutes. Well after saying "Kill me" he then proceeded to EQUIP ACTION DISRUPTERS. Because he had said "KILL ME" I had targetted him, not the COM player. It took me ages to kill him and I missed the next tourney. Sabotage? I think fucking so! He was Japanese, too. I came out of the game to see that he was only rank 200 or something, IT MAKES ME FURIOUS THAT LOW RANKS DELAYED ME LIKE THIS WHEN THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST GIVEN UP! Why were there low ranks in all the tournys still playing? Mostly they were utter newbies who take a millenium to fight the COM. They were ruining things for me and other high rankers. I decided that it was too stressful to play today, because newbies with rank 200+ hijacking games on the SECOND DAY, and taking half an hour to play when they had no hope of getting into the final was INFURIATING ME. It makes me even MORE suspicious of sabotage.

Even considering all that I still wanted to do my best and try to reach finals. And that 5th place 1st day gave me forces for try it, since I was tempted to quit the tourney with all this com bashing. We prepared for play against humans. Me and Yuji aren't much experienced in COM bashing. We do between 5-7 minutes normally. Not 3-4 like other players.
    So do I. And this further confirms my thought that you have been extremely lucky.

And I dunno if we'll be in final. Today has been our worse day. Well we are out. Only a miracle can make us enter in the final.
    You are out? If so you are out because of people being slow and Sega not realising this was a MORONIC system. Well, I'm sorry about that. I really am. It means only pure COM bashers are in the final.

And I was not a pure COM basher by any means, I was only doing COM to gain ground after I was very unfairly sabotaged (I believe this to be the case. The more I think about it the guy equipping action disrupters after telling me he was suiciding seems fishy as hell).

Ah and.. we don't use Dual Arkz. We use 2 Hunter team. Yuji hates Arkz. I like both sides equally but watching all the MC decks. Mixed MC and Dark for undefendable attacks, Red slimes, etc. I feel more comfortable trying to win win Hunters.
    So do I. And I hate Arkz too. And I'm sorry for accusing you of doing dual Arkz (I still believe them to have the vast advantage with many decks) but when I played you in the early days you always did use dual Arkz.

- Shimarisu

I think Malk just got really lucky. On day 2, I got stuck partnered to a COM the whole day, and once had to wait 20min for my tourney to start, and I made, at the very least, 4200, if not 4600 points. However today was just... I couldn't move forward at all No partner, got beat by humans twice, and I was out... Pretty much out once I lost once today.

So...
    You are against anyone who loses against the COM. You've never lost against the COM? I think everyone has lost one match, at some point, against the COM. And it might have taken a while to do it.
    What about the people who are actually playing properly and playing against human players? You are going to criticise them for taking so long? For playing it properly? Or the real teams (Malk & Yuji?) who happen to play COMs for some reason (not saying you COM bash). Teams that are just against a COM because there were no humans are bad too?

What's the problem with taking your time in the tournys? It's a game, it's meant to be enjoyed. Do you enjoy playing at a mile a minute? Because it seems your just getting angry playing it this way. You really want to win.

You deserve to win???! I don't think anyone deserves to win. It's a game. It's got an element of luck and skill. Those with all luck will only get so far. But if you have skill, you will probably come out (near) top in the end. Because luck runs out (if you believe in it in the first place).

Map for Arkz? Then use Fly or Rati or whatever. They place all their monsters at one end, you fly over, they have to move their monsters.

As to Sega stop making "this sort of crap", we could not have any games, then you wouldn't have anything to be angry about.... apart from not getting games. Then when you do, you will complain about them?

A week long tournament. So the ones who spend all their time at home will win. What's so different compared to it now? It just means that the point difference will be bigger. They stay and play all day, whilst the ones who go on for a few hours, can only get a small amount....

Who says Tails was the same person? If he was saying the same thing (or slight variation) it could be a JP who has a list of English to say =/ or shortcuts.

To be honest, if this game is stressing you out so much, then don't play. No game is worth this sort of agrivation.

I don't think i'll quiet cover all the topics you raised decs, but...

-
    So... You are against anyone who loses against the COM. You've never lost against the COM? I think everyone has lost one match, at some point, against the COM. And it might have taken a while to do it.
    -

I think most people have lost against the COM a few times... HOWEVER, in a tournament, you should be playing your best decks to win. And quiet frankly, even poor players with only half a weeks time should be able to beat those COM decks in the tourney very easily.

-
    What about the people who are actually playing properly and playing against human players? You are going to criticise them for taking so long? For playing it properly? Or the real teams (Malk & Yuji?) who happen to play COMs for some reason (not saying you COM bash). Teams that are just against a COM because there were no humans are bad too?
    -

Not many people are playing versus human players, usually until later in the tournaments as well ^_^ They should be fully allowed to take the full 30 minutes, that's where the big, long battles should take place. She wasn't at all saying that teams who end up facing COMS not of their own volition are bad, I myself ended up with a complete day fighting only COMs due to tourneys with up to 5 human teams in them quitting, or not even starting.

-
    What's the problem with taking your time in the tournys? It's a game, it's meant to be enjoyed. Do you enjoy playing at a mile a minute? Because it seems your just getting angry playing it this way. You really want to win.
    -
    In this tourney, where TIME MEANS EVERYTHING, yes, it's a matter of who can finish faster. If you can't finish a good percentage of your matches in under 13-14 minutes, you have 0 chance of even coming CLOSE to being in the finals. In other circumstances, taking your time would be great, but when you have to RUSH because other people are registering tourneys in EVERY SHIP and EVERY BLOCK to beat time, rushing is a must, if you hope to win.

-
    You deserve to win???! I don't think anyone deserves to win. It's a game. It's got an element of luck and skill. Those with all luck will only get so far. But if you have skill, you will probably come out (near) top in the end. Because luck runs out (if you believe in it in the first place).
    -
    You're on some kind of VERY powerful drug if you think that those with skill will come out (near) the top in the end. This tournament has done nothing but prove that he who cheats/plays the cheapest deck wins. I consider myself to be a higher level player, i've come up with some neat combos, and great decks that never relied on cheap tricks, yet I couldn't crack top 50 in this tournament due to the fact of people like NOBUchan, and others registering every tournament. Skill != Win. Period, in this case.

-
    Map for Arkz? Then use Fly or Rati or whatever. They place all their monsters at one end, you fly over, they have to move their monsters.
    -

Old battle. They place monsters everywhere, you have to take the time to DRAW Fly or Rati, equip/play it, *AND* have the dice to take advantage of them, in the meanwhile your Arkz opponenet is pounding you. This has always been a VERY chancy strategy.

-
    As to Sega stop making "this sort of crap", we could not have any games, then you wouldn't have anything to be angry about.... apart from not getting games. Then when you do, you will complain about them?
    -
    Personal opinion here, but i'd much prefer them to take another 6 months, or year, to put out a GOOD game, than one that has a ton of loopholes, and is VASTLY unbalanced. I expect PSU to be DAMN near perfect after all these debacles, and hope that ST learns something.

-
    A week long tournament. So the ones who spend all their time at home will win. What's so different compared to it now? It just means that the point difference will be bigger. They stay and play all day, whilst the ones who go on for a few hours, can only get a small amount....
    -
    That's the same thing as this Gather tournament... Sit home and register every tournament, it shows no skill, and a total lack of regard for those who play the game for fun.
    -

That's my take on things. I think you often look at things from the opposite view of whatever any given person is saying, like playing the devil's advocate. But i'm pretty sure what I said is right

<- arrogant SOB

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

I think you missed what Shim put up as an idea.

Say, you have 20 games to play. IE, 20 tickets used to play in tournaments. You can play anytime during the week this tourney is up, and you get credit for your 20 tickets. The people that go on are the ones with the best records after the week. So, regardless of having the entire week, people couldnt just constantly play all day, they'd have a limited number of plays in each round of the tournament.

So what makes this tournament different from all the others? There seems to be a lot more anger at this tournament than the others. People probably COM bashed/dual GCed on the other ones, so why wasn't it so hotly debated last time?

I see the battle tickets idea, but it's still open to the same sort of cheats. People could just play against themselves or a friend let them win. It would also give a lot of results the same. How would they judge the competition with lots of people on the same score? People play 10 tourneys, win them (either because they played COM by accident/coincidence, or people). You have 90% of PSO EP3 players in the same league.

Everyone seems to be in the attitude "If you can't beat them, join them". Seems a pretty stupid way of thinking to me.
    "The only way I can win tihs tourney is to cheat and COM bash/dual GC because everyone else is"
    If that's how you think you must agree duping is ok. You want to win on Ep3, you want to be strongest on Ep1&2. So you cheat on Ep3 to win, you dupe on Ep1&2 to get strongest items.

Why do you want to win anyway? To prove your the strongest? Or do you really want that little bit of Webmoney and a card. Or do you just want to be put on a pedestal and say "I'm the strongest"?