Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What are S-Rank weapons?

S-Rank weapons are strong versions of certain PSO weapons. Their names are in red and their photon color is a dim yellow. Their names can include a special prefix, chosen by the person who earned them, before the weapon type. For example, I named my S-Rank Sword the "BACON SWORD."

How can I get my own S-Rank weapons?

S-Rank weapons can be obtained by achieving S-Rank time in either Episode 1 or Episode 2 Online Challenge Mode. In Epsiode 1, there are 9 challenges and your total time must be under 7 hours to achieve S-Rank. In Epsiode 2, there are 5 challenges and your total time must be under 5 hours.

"Total time" refers to the sum of your final time on each individual challenge. If you achieve a poor time in any Challenge, you can do back and do it over again in order to lower your total time. You cannot attempt a certain challenge before completing the one before it. For example, you cannot do C6 if you haven't already cleared C5. You can, however, go back and do any challenge you've already completed over again as many times as you want.

How do I name my S-Rank weapon?

When you have completed all 9/5 challenges and your total time in under 7/5 hours, you will be asked at the Guild Counter to pick a reward. There you choose the weapon type and give the weapon a name. The name is really just a prefix made up of up to 8 letters. No spaces, no puctuation. This prefix goes before the weapon type in the weapon's name. For example, names like "SLASHER SABER", "BLOODY SLICER", and "ROBO RIFLE" are possible. Names like "BLOODY SLASHER" and "PHOTON KILLER" are not possible.

How do I beat Challenge Mode?

Challenge mode is somewhat difficult and requires that every member of the team knows what they are doing in regards to where they are to go, how to fight enemies, what items go to what characters, etc. Challenge mode requires teamwork and skill to complete in a good time. Please do not ask how to do Challenge mode; PSO World has a plethora of guides and information here and here.

What weapons can I get/how high to they grind/what are the special attacks/etc?

Again, PSOW has everything you need, including a listing of Episode 1 S-Ranks and Episode 2 S-Ranks. There are also guides detailing how to use Photon Drops to add your own special attack to your S-Rank weapon.

How do I know which challenge other players are on?

In the lobby, you can press the R trigger to look through information about other players, including their level, Battle mode record, and Challenge mode rank. This rank shows how many of the Episode 1 challenges a player has completed:

Ra-GOU: Challenge 1, ready for C2
    Gi-GOU: Challenge 2, ready for C3
    Bu-GOU: Challenge 3, ready for C4
    Ra-ZAN: Challenge 4, ready to do C5
    Gi-ZAN: Challenge 5, ready to do C6
    Bu-ZAN: Challenge 6, ready for C7
    Ra-EI: Challenge 7 done, ready for C8
    Gi-EI: Challenge 8, ready for C9
    Bu-EI: All challenges completed

Hopefully this will cut down on the amount of topics asking the same questions about S-Ranks. I will update this topic if I think of anything else that should go in here. Maybe this should be locked and/or stickied.

Not bad. However, many of the S-Rank topics popping up that ask about how to obtain them and whatnot appear in either EPI&II General or the Item, Section ID, and Question discussion board, since either they did not see this board or know that in fact you obtain S-Ranks from Challenge Mode (CMode) and would not think to look here.

Other than that, you seem to cover the common questions asked by those new to S-Ranks and Challenge Mode. Unfortunately, I just don't think many will see it before posting about it. :|

I can think of a question... If I already achieve S-Rank and I do another stage again, do I get another S-Rank Weapon?

I honestly don't know the answer to that question myself, I am guessing the answer is no, but hey I didn't make this thread. You answer.

And good Idea BTW.
    .k.n.o.t.

On 2004-06-09 18:10, _knot_ wrote:
    I can think of a question... If I already achieve S-Rank and I do another stage again, do I get another S-Rank Weapon?

I honestly don't know the answer to that question myself, I am guessing the answer is no, but hey I didn't make this thread. You answer.

And good Idea BTW.
    If you have achieved S-Rank total time, and you complete another stage (any stage), you will get the A-Rank prize. Complete another stage (again, any stage, can even be the same stage) and you will get the B-Rank prize.

Wrangler of Flying Toasters of DOOM (TM)

On 2004-06-09 20:44, Mixfortune wrote:

If you have achieved S-Rank total time, and you complete another stage (any stage), you will get the A-Rank prize. Complete another stage (again, any stage, can even be the same stage) and you will get the B-Rank prize.
    Also, after you have gotten all three prizes, if you do a stage again, you will not get a prize. In other words, each character can get 1 of each rank prize.

Another thing, Episode 2 ranks are not displayed in the lobby at all, because you don't gain a title. A rank prize for EP2 is a Yellow Ring, and B Rank is one of the follwing: Force Feild, Hunter Feild, Ranger Feild. Once you have gotten one of the feilds, you can't get another one with that character.

Each character can earn 1 of each prize. Therefore, if you have 2 characters capable of doing cmode, you can get 2 EP1 S-Rank weapons, and 2 EP2 S-Rank weapons, one for each character.

well, most players who are into c-modes & s-ranks here aren't quite newbie to pso or psow
    however, in some cases questions on cmodes/sranks do appear
    so i'll have this stick up there & hopefully others c-moders will contribute & make a good thread out of it
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Old Man

I'm glad this is a sticky so that I don't have to bump it and risk the flames hotter than a Swirling Fire Dome maelstrom.

Okay, this sticky is about s-rank weapon questions.

There have been many seperate posts about which weapon is best and why, and yet there continues to be lots and lots of disagreements online about which weapons rule and why.

Is it ATP boost? Is is style? Is it because there is no equivalent weapon to hunt for so it is the best of class?

Question to post on then is this: what s-rank weapons do you have and why?

I have three s-rank weapons that I have earned and they are SITKAS SHOT (my first and my best w/zalure of course), BU-EIS MECHGUNS (no special yet)& BIGBOYZ PARTISAN (nods to Ian for this choice - no special yet). I'm still deciding which one to go for next and I can't wait to start pursuing my s-rank needle and other weps on Ep II when we can finish it.

So, what are your s-ranks? Why did you choose them? What special did you use and why? What are you going for next? One guy that I play with has earned something like 24 s-rank weapons with characters from two different xboxs. Insane!

Also, what cool names did you give your weps: "money shot," "cheese slicer," "Wild card," etc....

~Busta~

Ok, I've got a few questions for ya!

Quite a long time ago, probably a year or so my friends and I played offline C-Mode and we got A-Rank. Most of those characters have long gone been deleted or corrupted, etc. Except that I still have my HUcast from before. We have decided to start playing again and I am going to use him again in order to get better times + one of the special weapons for getting S-Rank.

Now I have 2 questions.

I know online, if get A rank and better your times to S-Rank status then u get an S-Rank weapon. Does this also apply to Offline? Also, online u get to choose what S-Rank u get. Do you get to choose what wep u get offline?

Secondly, what offline c-mode weapon should I choose?! I have 1 of every character in PSO, but I was thinking of maybe getting either of the following:

Crazy Tune - Looks cool
    Samba Moroccas - Funny looking & Cool
    Chameleon Scythe - Would be great for my Melee FOmar..

What would you suggest? I'm leaning towards the scythe, but I'm not sure it is worth getting instead of getting one of the cooler looking weapons..

Asha'man extroidinare and Blademaster AKA Teh EkwE

my question is what is the max grind on s-ranks i belive its 250 but im not sure. Thanks in advance.