Hi, I'm pretty new to PSO so I just have some general questions hopefully you can answer

1.I just beat the boss to the mines and I was transported to the ruins. What's the difference between starting here opposed to just going back to Pioneer 2?

2.How important is my mag? I fed it until it became level 50 but since then I've been slacking off.

3.I've been playing the offline Episode I for only about 50 hours but I still expected to find more rare items. Thusfar on normal difficulty all I've found is a Booma's right claw, an addslot, and two photon drops. Will I see more rare items when I start Episode II?

Thanks to whoever replies

1. nothing really, thats just the way you'll enter ruins the first time.

2. the mag gives you stat boost. thus they offer a wide variety of usages. to compensate lack of mst or ata for example. you should see what your char is lacking most and fix that with the mag.

(actually, there are only 2 types of mags really needed: mind only mags for forces, and pow dex mags for melee - those are around 5 150 45 0 or compareable - never waste a mag with both mind and pow at the same time and never have def unless you do a mind only mag - just a suggestion however)

3. depends on what you'd call rare.
    real rare and useful stuff you'll usually find around ultimate >_> and it will be quite hard to come by.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2005-03-28 13:28 ]</font>
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

1. its just the what happens, there is a teleport back to poineer2 before you begin the ruins.

2. mags are quite important, you can learn new techniques/wear better weapons if you level them good enough.

3. hardly any rare items are found on normal mode, you need to play through the difficulty's and youll find more and more rare items.

The reason the path between the Mines and Ruins is different from the rest is because there's that small special area with a door that opens to the Ruins when you activate all 3 of the pillars.

If you haven't activated them all, the door would be closed and you'd have to return to Pioneer 2.

Since it'd be more 'difficult' for ST to make the door scene happen in the Vol Opt room, they just created a transitional room to cover it.

They just make that door go straight to ruins instead of Pioneer 2 because having multiple teleporters would be rather wasteful... since there's still that portal to Pioneer 2 in the room itself, might as well have the opened door take you straight to ruins.

OK and another question about mags, what is dex? And should I care about it?

Here's a breakdown on the mag stats.

DEF: Every 1 level of DEF equals 1 DFP.
    POW: Every 1 level of POW equals 2 ATP.
    DEX: Every 1 level of DEX equals 0.5 ATA.
    MIND: Every 1 level of MIND equals 2 MST.