Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I just got my new EGM today. I wont go into all the details, but PSU for the PS2 and PC is gonna blow everything else PSO out of the water. Now IM not sure if they are just gonna KEEP UPDATING PSO ONLINE in new episodes on the PC with BB and such to like episode 200, but there is no way I would want to put tons of time in PSOBB only to find out they arent gonna support it because of PSU. Perhaps PSU is gonna be a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAME from PSO in terms of story and everything. I dont know. Sega better come up with some info about that.

I think I will stick with my GC version. Playing legit means Im gonna have a hella hard time getting to 200, MUCH LESS WIN IN THE HARDEST MODE. OH well. See you guys out in PSO land.

I have a good reason why you should play BB, PSU is still being developed, which means we will not see it for quite some time. From the way you posted it doesn't really seem like you you would get BB regardless of what is said about it .

One thing I am worried about is how much ST will continue to move forward now that they are work on PSO EPV (5), and PSU. I hope they continue to keep any order that they still have in PSO.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

...Episode 5 was a very obvious April Fool's joke >_>

On 2005-04-01 14:23, Magician4 wrote:
    I have a good reason why you should play BB, PSU is still being developed, which means we will not see it for quite some time. From the way you posted it doesn't really seem like you you would get BB regardless of what is said about it .

One thing I am worried about is how much ST will continue to move forward now that they are work on PSO EPV (5), and PSU. I hope they continue to keep any order that they still have in PSO.
    I think it's more like... "Why move from PSOGC to PSOBB if PSU will be around the corner? I might as well stick with PSOGC and then move to PSU instead of starting up BB then move to PSU."

There is no PSO EPV. BB has EPIV, PSU will supposedly be PSU and PSV... which isn't the same as "PSO EPV".

I'm sort of the same way at the moment. Rather than switch to BB and "run the risk" of switching again to PSU (depending on how good it turns out), I might as well continue playing the GC version, then find out how PSU is when it comes around.

Hopefully they won't hold back on PSU because it'd "cramp with PSOBB"... which makes me think BB might not have been that great an idea... or rather, PSO as it should have been, but not something enough where a bunch of people would permanently move over.

Oh well.

On 2005-04-01 14:41, Mixfortune wrote:

I think it's more like... "Why move from PSOGC to PSOBB if PSU will be around the corner? I might as well stick with PSOGC and then move to PSU instead of starting up BB then move to PSU."

There is no PSO EPV. BB has EPIV, PSU will supposedly be PSU and PSV... which isn't the same as "PSO EPV".

I'm sort of the same way at the moment. Rather than switch to BB and "run the risk" of switching again to PSU (depending on how good it turns out), I might as well continue playing the GC version, then find out how PSU is when it comes around.

Hopefully they won't hold back on PSU because it'd "cramp with PSOBB"... which makes me think BB might not have been that great an idea... or rather, PSO as it should have been, but not something enough where a bunch of people would permanently move over.

Oh well.
    Well alot of companies do manage multi mmorpgs. Look at Blizzard for example. I think Sonic Team can manage it.

On 2005-04-01 15:43, Eanae wrote:

Well alot of companies do manage multi mmorpgs. Look at Blizzard for example. I think Sonic Team can manage it.
    Right, but it's about the concern of particular players being hesitant to move to BB because of this situation, especially since it's sort of dealing with the same series, whereas Blizzard has seperate "lines".

My comment about them holding back, it's more of a concern about how ST will take it. I'm hoping that they don't pull back a bit on PSU's stuff just so BB stands a chance. That's what I'm referring to. I know multiple games out at once can succeed, but that point was more about whether ST realizes it, and doesn't hold back.

On 2005-04-01 15:46, Mixfortune wrote:
    On 2005-04-01 15:43, Eanae wrote:

Right, but it's about the concern of particular players being hesitant to move to BB because of this situation, especially since it's sort of dealing with the same series, whereas Blizzard has seperate "lines".

My comment about them holding back, it's more of a concern about how ST will take it. I'm hoping that they don't pull back a bit on PSU's stuff just so BB stands a chance. That's what I'm referring to. I know multiple games out at once can succeed, but that point was more about whether ST realizes it, and doesn't hold back.
    I see your point, and that does bring up some concern I guess. I guess for once we need to hope Sonic Team will do the right thing. There's obviously alot more anticpation with PSU than BB, and hopefully they'll put the effort where needed.

I'm not going to spring for a PS2 network adapter for one thing. If BB is going to have a strong community that's where I'll end up.

I fell really dumb right now , I forgot what todays date was .

BB does seem interesting, but I am starting to think not too many people will not play it because PSU will be out (hopefully early next year) and that won't give people enough time to enjoy BB.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Magician4 on 2005-04-01 16:34 ]</font>

As I see it, it's all about PSU now. Sure, I'm playing PSO GC at the moment, and I'll probably try out the US version of BB (already tried China and JP versions), but in a month or so I'll likely be doing other things until PSU arrives. I am so effin excited for that. PSO really needs to die.