Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Broodstar1337 View Post
    It's stuff like this that makes me want a universal language on Earth. Granted it's a little unreasonable but it would do wonders to eliminate scenarios like this and so much more.
    I'm not sure if we'll get to the point of having a single, unified language... or destroy outselves first.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Yes, if i´m irritated or w/e then i make sure i speak in a language they understand.
    But otherwise in a friendly party, it´s pretty fun to see other people speak other languages and i speak in my and we go all like, wtf. XD
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Absolutely, positively the MOST unlucky person!!! Raine_Loire's Avatar

Well I don't know, when I'm in Germany, I don't switch into German just to insult people and I don't think that makes me rude. I mean, there are a lot of times when you get mad at someone but it doesn't mean you want to start something with them, right? English is my native language, so of course when I get ticked off, I make a comment IN English.

If it's a room full of people speaking spanish, it's not like they're trying to speak in code, that's just what they speak. It's not like PSU is limited just to America, and it's not their fault an English speaking person joined their room.

It would be different if it was a real life situation, like if you're in a room with people who speak both english and spanish and they switch to spanish to start ripping on you, which HAS happened to me before, lol. But in this case, the insult seems like it was really secondary, and not something that should be read into that much.

Not that the guys don't sound like douche bags for kicking someone to get more stuff for themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    I'm not sure if we'll get to the point of having a single, unified language... or destroy outselves first.
    That will happen when someone tries to make a universal religion...

Anyway, yea, I don't play the game, nor have I ever had this happen, but still, it just goes to show ya that there are pansy-asses out there that talk all that shit, but probably couldn't back it up...
    The soon-to-be Steel-type Gym Leader of Ace Trainers United, FC will come along soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Raine_Loire View Post
    Well I don't know, when I'm in Germany, I don't switch into German just to insult people and I don't think that makes me rude. I mean, there are a lot of times when you get mad at someone but it doesn't mean you want to start something with them, right? English is my native language, so of course when I get ticked off, I make a comment IN English.

If it's a room full of people speaking spanish, it's not like they're trying to speak in code, that's just what they speak. It's not like PSU is limited just to America, and it's not their fault an English speaking person joined their room.

It would be different if it was a real life situation, like if you're in a room with people who speak both english and spanish and they switch to spanish to start ripping on you, which HAS happened to me before, lol. But in this case, the insult seems like it was really secondary, and not something that should be read into that much.

Not that the guys don't sound like douche bags for kicking someone to get more stuff for themselves!
    I think it's more that they're basically talking about him behind his back, but right in front of him, or trying at least.

Well, that's the thing. They did speak English. But they only spoke in Spanish when they were insulting me and speaking of kicking me at the end of the mission. ;o So yes, in a sense, they WERE speaking in code.

Whoopth.
    Last edited by Uncle_bob; Aug 15, 2008 at 08:01 PM.

Raine, rude comments are rude. Whatever language you put them in. Be mature and keep it to yourself.

I agree

Absolutely, positively the MOST unlucky person!!! Raine_Loire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_bob View Post
    Well, that's the thing. They did speak English. But they only spoke in Spanish when they were insulting me and speaking of kicking me at the end of the mission. ;o So yes, in a sense, they WERE speaking in code.

Whoopth.
    Oh crap, sorry, I missed where you said initially they were speaking english. Well then you should totally kick their butts!!! ;D That's sucky, and I take back my previous post! and what's whoopth?

Quote Originally Posted by Seority View Post
    Raine, rude comments are rude. Whatever language you put them in. Be mature and keep it to yourself.
    You don't have a lot of experience... talking to people do you?
    Last edited by Raine_Loire; Aug 19, 2008 at 04:09 AM.

Do you?
    ;>>