Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pinkace View Post
    Please select your board from this list. Thank you.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/index.php

Also, please read what I posted. I didn't ask Cracka "why did you post here". he can of course post anywhere he wants. So can I. But I don't play or own Final Fantasy 11, so why would I post there?
    i dont exactly get what the reason you gave me pso-world.com for....
    if you were trying to say its only for PSU...scroll down a bit, you see ps0, ps: p, PSO...

Quote Originally Posted by pinkace View Post
    Let me start with a story...

A few months ago I bought Tabula Rasa: collectors edition for like $15 at best buy, seemed like a good deal. Too bad that the game was already scheduled to go offline in a few months. So I played the game and loved it. I joined a community of players on PlanetTR boards, and posted on their forums.

As it was my second Online RPG (PSO/PSU is the other) it was alien to me how they actually DEFENDED their game, complimented the developers on doing a good job, and lamented that more people weren't playing the game.

That is true fandom.

On these boards, all I see is complaining and bitching. So I ask: do you even LIKE this game? If all you do is complain, then why are you here? Why play a game you dislike and why post on a board to CONSTANTLY deride Sonic Team?

I will tell you a couple of things that I love about PSU:

I think the camera control is fantastic, I never lose sight of where I am or where my target is. Too many third-person-view games have camera issues, and Sonic Team, since the days of PSO, created great camera control.

I also love how you swap weapons on PSU. I can't think of another game right now that makes it so easy, or on which you don't have to pause or open a menu to swap weapons. It is done quickly and easy. The palette is a great idea.

I love many other things about PSU, but those are just two.

So does anyone else like this game?
    of course we all like the game. Thats why we're here.

I personally think PSU is an amazing concept, and that it has great potental. I ragg on sonic team because they seem to not even realize it / are too lazy to take initiative on it.

I love the game, not the service. The constant delays and rollbacks are kind of depressing but I try not to let that interfere with liking the game itself, which I still do after 2+ years!

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

I love this game no matter what. I've been playing PSO EP I & II on my gc n from time to time also EP III but anyways point is PSO was a milestone in MMORPGS now PSU is carrying on that tradition. I admit doing the same mish over n over again cause everyones there (WB) do get a bit boring... But the small community makes it worth it cause everyone basically knows everyone so to say. I haven't been able to play a single run the entire day without ending up with someone I know. So it's great to have a small community if you ask me. Another thing I love is that even tho the prices are INSANE ppl do tend to give something away for free if they really don't need it and are in a good mood n not to forget about those that seriously sell below average prices decirve to be mentioned... Now the economy sucks but the more ppl who sell weps for a lower price the lower the economy will become, just like in RL which kinda sucks atm lools... XD Anyways back on track... We might not get all the updates on time, but unlike most MMORPGs there's no bugs or other errors when we actually get them... Trust me on this I've played n beta tested alot of MMO games ranging from WoW to EVE online n so on, n everytime there's an update there are bugs sometimes a few sometimes alot but on PSU I've never experienced any bugs after an update even if they take time to get here.

N now I'll stop before I lose track of my mind n start talking about completely random stuff that got nothing to do with this game like why there's no Lobby maps like what missions should I do to get to this lobby... N so on... oh wait sorry shutting up now...

Quote Originally Posted by Syamemaru! View Post
    I then found out that it has alternate Episode Introductions akin to Disgaea! That made me again, shoot Love Goo in my knickers.
    I agree. Those alternate episode previews were rather cheeky and cute. They got to be pretty corny at times, but often genuinely humorous. Such as Lou falling in love with Ethan. Plus, they served an extremely important purpose. They proved that the Voice Actors for PSU were, in actuality, really quite good. Most people write off the VA's, though they are better than many other games. Generally, it's a varying mixed bag of good and bad in people's minds. However, since the alternate episode previews had no graphics - the VA dialog was much more relaxed and natural feelings, as they didn't have to worry about matching emotion and cutting/modding dialog to match lip synchs.

It shows me that the real problem with the VAs was the direction, not the actors themselves.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by stukasa View Post
    I love the game, not the service. The constant delays and rollbacks are kind of depressing but I try not to let that interfere with liking the game itself, which I still do after 2+ years!
    constant rollbacks? there havent been many rollbacks from what i recall...ive been playing 2+ years now..5 or less from what i remember.

Even with the game flaws, and the poor support it gets from the devs, I still love this game, and will continue to play it because I get enjoyment out of it that far exceeds any of my other games.
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

I like PSU...I think a lot of people do that post here. Its easier to complain when you actually care about the subject in question, not so easy for something you're indifferent about. There's probably different groups, if we're going to generalize, that complain about this game.

1) Those that are fond of the Phantasy Star series and feel PSU isn't living up to the potential of the franchise, not enough references to Lutz, Rune, Nei, Chad, Alys, Profound Darkness, not enough storyetc.

2)Those that are fond of PSO and feel PSU isn't living up to the potential of that game, i.e. they miss c-mode weapons they could name, 1/80,000 drop rates, unsealing j-swords, very very fast walking delsabers with leaning-back invincibility animation, kireek, black paper, red ring rico, etc. So not enough references there (even if they did bring mag in and some pso weps, this group wants the golden age of PSO revisited).

3)Those that complain because its easier for them to do so then to put effort into finding/doing what they want (drop rates, grinding weapon, player shop prices, meseta).

4) Those that like PSU for the game it is, but unhappy that the japanese side has a better managed schedule of updates than the US side. Primary reason is they feel they pay the same amount for PSU as the other side but not the same treatment. Probably because PSU's main source of income is jp side, and the updates are handled by SoJ, not SoA, so they might not be staffed well enough to properly handle both in the same manner.

5) Those that have felt they found everything they want, have exhausted all of PSU's content, and are starving for more, and so complain because they feel there's nothing else to do while they wait for the next update.

6) Those who like the game but their primary play group have left and don't like/don't care for the remaining population.

You can fit into one or more of these categories of course, its not mutually exclusive. Does that sound like most of the complainers?

I was in the #4 category for awhile, but I figured its a new game, sega should have a chance, but really, I knew it when they announced we weren't playing with the japanese pc/ps2 population. It happened on PSO *shrug* so it was just bound to happen again. I still like PSU, its a great game to play and I've met great friends to play with. I don't really complain on the forum though...it just seems like wasted effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_J View Post
    Because I'm a fan of the PS series in general

I don't. Not anymore.

To be completely honest, you sound very naive in your posts. You want to know the reasons why people say things against PSU, then call them all complainers for doing it. I don't think that's completely fair, and for you to even be asking that question shows you do not know or understand the past blunders/shortcomings of SEGA/ST or the GM's as a whole.

I was going to make this a lot longer but I'm making my own tl;dr here...
    People like PSO/U and the PS series in general, but dislike a lot about the company/developer/management of the series. If you've been playing these games for more then a year or so, you know exactly why.
    Same. I like the game but refuse to play it.
    Services are beyond garbage. And lack of party's.
    And im here because i can be.
    死の恐怖の人生の恐怖から以下の通りです。完全に死んでは、いつでも用意されている生活の男性 。

Quote Originally Posted by Volcompat321 View Post
    i dont exactly get what the reason you gave me pso-world.com for....
    if you were trying to say its only for PSU...scroll down a bit, you see ps0, ps: p, PSO...

I don't have to explain how 'boards' work, sorry. You answered your own question anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Volcompat321 View Post
    constant rollbacks? there havent been many rollbacks from what i recall...ive been playing 2+ years now..5 or less from what i remember.
    I was wondering about that... the game has had 2 rollbacks that I remember, and from what I have read and seen, other online games have constant rollbacks and patches and patches for the patches.