Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I like BK:O (Baten Kaitos: Origins) the most due to the storyline and voice actors. The battle system isn't as real-time as PSO's, but it involves more strategy. BK:EWatLO (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean) for the same reasons, but it's battle system is slightly less real-time than that of Origins. More along of lines of turn based, but timed. The fact that you can explore in both games is also a plus. Well, should say all three, since they're being compared to PSO here. PSO wins in the weapons department, but the BK games have a decent set, albeit in Magnus form (cards). The choices you make in any BK game actually influence combat (another plus from me), so you'll need to maintain a good relationship with the main character if you want to prevail against some of the more stronger foes. EXP means nothing in BK really. It's the relationship you have with the character that will more-than-likely determine the outcome of the battle... as well as what Magnus you've placed in your Deck/s of course (games vary here. Origins uses one active Battle Deck, which means that all characters in your party (who are participating in battle) use the same Deck. Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean put it so that each character has an independant Deck, thus allowing you to only have up to 6. Origins I believe is 8 max). Thus, these are the reasons why my BK games are able to beat PSO. No online in BK though, but I can't take PSO online anyways, so... even then, BK would still win due to all these features and what-not.

PSO and MGS3 are tied with me along with some other games. I like MGS3 because I like to snipe people. I beat extreme mode 2 times, but didn't get everything in there yet.

PSO is my top game. There is no game that I have put even close to as many hours as PSO. My second choice would have to be tie with Monkey Island and MI 3 then rounding out a very close third would be Wing Commander Privateer and PSU.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

yeah pso is my favroite game to

psu is a pretty good game but the photon system was crap
    Last edited by AlexCraig; Apr 17, 2009 at 07:02 PM.

You should try using the edit button next time, instead of double posting.

This is a reply to the super smash bros brawl being as good as pso post.

Brawl is definitely the best super smash brothers game but I wouldn't rate it as highly as Zelda, (majora's mask oot and twilight princess) pso, or tos

Ah the joys of many genre's to enjoy. While more modern games can easily top graphics which can pull some peoples votes that way, I prefer games that are plain fun. Sometimes the storylines have an impact on whether I like them or not, most of the time, if I can play a game and still say to myself I'm not wasting my time, its good. My ranks are close but would be something like this.

1. Ocarina of Time
    2. Phantasy Star Online (Just got BB working)
    3. CoD4: Modern Warfare
    4. Tetris
    5. Connect 4 (Love that game XD)
    I've got BB working -Message me to party up-

Kitaro - lvl52 HuCaseal (Skyly)
    Kasumi - lvl97 RaMarl (Purplenum)
    Trinity - lvl25 FoNewearl (Yellowboze)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealFlow View Post
    I'd have to say SSBBrawl and PSO are at the top for me.
    In truth, it really depends on what I'm looking for. As far as multiplayer games go, nothing will ever top Smash Bros. for me (Brawl or the previous versions).

But, for single-player fun, PSO pretty much takes the cake. I haven't poured nearly as many hours into any of my other games, and it's a wonder it doesn't get old.

I'd have to say that the only game I have that competes with PSO's replay value is Spelunky.

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

interesting question thread here.
    PSO is within my top five. I have a few above PSO I like. One of them would be Baiten Kaitos Eternal wings lost ocean. though the voicing was a major need to fix, I loved the games quirks and breath taking art for it being on the GC. : )

Another great game in my collection that I wouldn't put at the top would be N64's Jet force Gemini.