Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617

I used to like the game, now it's more "meh".
    It was easier to play back in the days of PSO; no one seemed to bitch/care about playstyles.
    That's my major reason for feeling negative to PSU - It seems I'm not doing it right.

I also think that there's little to do...
    Mainly playing solo in an online game... it is to be expected, it's easier to enjoy it with friends or in parties.
    Unless playing in a hot-spot it isn't easy to find/make a party.

The "service" has never been to my liking either. How it takes so long to get content...
    But there's only so much you can do about that, but complain...
    Complaining, trying to get attention. With the updates Japan recieves compared to the rate of ours...
    It isn't that hard to understand how people complain when being let down or "neglected".

I wasn't too happy with getting 192'd either!

The game's core is fine, and when I'm playing with friends I have a blast. Solo can be a bit boring, and the playerbase (particularly the European playerbase) is tiny, so getting a reliable public game earlier in the day for me is all but impossible sometimes.

The way I view PSU is as a game which has the potential to be great, but isn't using it. As a result, I do find some areas of the game very mediocre/poor. I stick with it though because I forget about it when I'm having fun with friends, and realistically, there's no other option. I'm sick to death of PSO (did almost everything I wanted to, have no intention of wanting to play it again in the foreseeable future), and I don't like games with 'point-and-click' combat like WoW.

The problems I have are:
    - Too easy. There is no way a Lv150 character should easily decimate monsters 20 levels higher than it. I'd rather it be a challenge fighting monsters on an equivalent level.
    - Unbalanced. Some items/classes/Photon Arts are far too good (Paradi Cataract, Anga Jabroga, Dus Majarra, Gunmaster), while some are very poor or need adjustments to make them more worth using (Guntecher, Wartecher, Bukuu Rensen-ga etc). I realise the JP supplemental update corrects some of this, but it also makes Gunmaster even stronger, which I find stupid.
    - Over-dependence on AoI. What I mean by this is for 90% of items, you're better off hunting it in an AoI mission. It seems all the best drops were piled into AoI missions, effectively making a lot of the v1 missions (which were MUCH more interesting) useless. Even with S3, some are still useless (Dual Sentinel).
    - Over-dependence on events. PSU seems to rely on events to keep its playerbase. Every time there's an event, I see players come back I haven't seen for months. After the event ends, they all leave again and don't come back until the next event.

If those problems were changed, I'd love PSU even more, but I can't see it happening which is a shame. Honestly, PSU could've been so much better had ST put some thought into it. Regardless, I'll keep playing until my friends quit. When that happens, I'll follow suit because I can't play PSU solo for more than an hour before I'm bored.
    Last edited by Neith; May 17, 2009 at 09:40 AM.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Quote Originally Posted by Yueri View Post
    I used to like the game, now it's more "meh".
    It was easier to play back in the days of PSO; no one seemed to bitch/care about playstyles.
    That's my major reason for feeling negative to PSU - It seems I'm not doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Neith View Post
    The problems I have are:
    - Too easy. There is no way a Lv150 character should easily decimate monsters 20 levels higher than it. I'd rather it be a challenge fighting monsters on an equivalent level.
    lol, so the first person want it to be easier, while the second person want it to be harder.

Quote Originally Posted by GH499 View Post
    lol, so the first person want it to be easier, while the second person want it to be harder.
    Don't get me wrong, I hate all the talk of 'optimal classes' and such (anyone that knows me will know I have a Newman Female Acrofighter/Fortefighter), but when even she can walk into an S2 mission and get through it easily, something is wrong. Then change that Newman Female to a Cast GM, and it becomes a total joke. I just think some re-balancing is in order as far as enemies go. I have no problem with people playing 'gimped' classes, because I use one myself and love it.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Quote Originally Posted by GH499 View Post
    What? You're saying I want it to be easier?
    How did you come to that conclusion?

i love this game, i never foung something wich has the same prositiv effekts than psu...

but, for me it's a game wich i cant play all the day...missing new content and people how always do only the same mission are the reason.

i love it, but i hate sega

I like this game. Some of the other people playing this game however tend to offset that.

Signature by Gama

One problem that I haven't seen mentioned yet is this.

Imo, when I go Master any class, I don't really wanna go back. My reason is the speed boost. I think every single class should be this way. Its a mnor problem but it does stop players like me from doing anything but the master classes. Btw, Acro classes have speed boost too, I know but Im talking mainly about Fortetecher, Fighgunnre, etc.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

I prefer FF to FM, myself. The raw stats are much more beneficial in my eyes than faster attack and advanced PP usage. I would not mind a speed boost, but I certainly don't feel gimped in any shape or form.

The game is fine, SEGA sucks, especially their nationalistic approach to our games. If they'd have stopped trying to milk the game's content and rather milked our monthly subscription rates, they'd have a ton of their member base left. But its SEGA, and it's what anyone who's played PSO/PSU has come to expect. They maintain the servers, that's about it.