Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Bayonetta Thread: Reloaded

So I've been playing the full US version for about a week and a half now (thanks Best Buy for leaking my xmas present ), and I think fans of the demo will be overly impressed with what they've done with the full game that's releasing this tuesday.

All the Bayo threads were a bit outdated (mostly demo talk) so I'm making this new one for you all to discuss your merry adventures next week. All comments, critiques, etc. welcomed, just remember to spoiler tag anything that could potentially SPOIL the game for people.

I've cleared the game twice now, and I can easily say it's hands down the best action game I've played in 2009. Even the best I've played since I bought my 360 in 2008. Combat system is actually thought out and to make it out to be just another DMC or GoW game is really an understatement. Definitely give this game a shot if you are even remotely interested, it will blow you away.

Also I bought it for 360, the BB I was at had it for both systems, but I heard of all the JP issues with the PS3 version (slowdown, lag, etc) so I assumed it wasn't fixed and just bought 360 to be safe. There's some rumors going around atm that the US PS3 version will have fixes implemented for the JP problems, but that's all they really are at this point. Anyone that picks up the PS3 version tuesday feel free to post about your findings.

Think you're all going to enjoy this game if you even remotely enjoy action titles. Give it a look.
    Last edited by Cracka_J; Jan 3, 2010 at 10:58 AM.

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

I played the JP version. I like the later levels including the motorcycle stage (with it's remixed version of the Afterburner theme) and the Missile stage (with Space Harrier remix). Not only that the mass amounts of previous Capcom and Sega references which made me go "Holy crap! It's that game!". But yea I get Bayonetta on the 5th and I'll let everyone know about it.

BTW, Cereza lives in a house.

Cuteness overload! FFFFFFFFFFFF-!

You Need The D? Then You Need Me! Vitamin_D's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_J View Post
    All comments, critiques, etc. welcomed, just remember to spoiler tag anything that could potentially SPOIL the game for people.
    This is SEVERELY important for this game. There are so many "omgwtfamazing!" things in the game. So if you could touch up your post Waki, that'd be great. =/

Anyway, I played the Japanese PS3 version (which is completely in English) and it's easily one of the best games I have ever played. At this point, I've put in close to 40 hours, and I can't get enough. It's a game that just overflows with quality, and I think everyone should play it.

I think I'll add more once everyone else has gotten their hands on it. I plan to playthrough again on the 360 version when Amazon gets it to me.

For those who have played through the game: punching the last boss through the Solar System and then GUIDING her into the sun is one of the most epic things I've ever done in my life that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin_D View Post

For those who have played through the game: punching the last boss through the Solar System and then GUIDING her into the sun is one of the most epic things I've ever done in my life that is all.
    yes that was one of the most satisfying parts of a game I've ever played.
    I'm playing through the final difficulty atm, and yeah, I've already dumped 30+ into my timeclock on this game.

once I finished that I'll go back and collect everything I missed on normal. not sure yet if I want to go for all platinums on normal or just buy my way for jeanne with the phonebooth code. phonebooth is probably going to be much quicker cause you can just farm the end boss on easy or very easy for mass halo's, but clearning normal with all platinums would be so much more rewarding. I guess time will tell which I feel like doing

Played up until 2nd chapter. Beggining is hilarious with Enzo. Also I can't get "Fly Me To The Moon" outta my head. Evading is so arfing easy that it makes me smile. Going through it on Normal instead of Easy like last time. So I'll be grinding a few halos so I can get my health and magic to a good point. Having trouble with my first secret area though. Figure I'll look somethin up on youtube.

I finished non-stop infinite climax a couple days ago...went back to very easy to get the one item you can obtain off of completing there, probably finish that up today.

Also, on easy or very easy if you dislike the auto-combat system, you can un-equip the item that does auto-combo chains in the item menu. Makes things much easier if you actually know your high damage combos already and are just going back for the clear points/rewards/halos.

I don't suggest non-stop infinite climax to anyone either until you've purchased the moon of malaa-kalaa thingy (however you spell it) for 200k. You LOSE witch time in NSIC mode, so half of your defensive options go out the window at the beginning. The malaa-kalaa thing gives you parry ability (tap direction of the attack to block), so you can actually fight those goddamn armored hellhounds & jeanne without tearing your hair out.

What about using the super special awesome weapon Rodin? That makes stuff easier or do I have to clear a harder difficulty above normal to get it?

not quite sure how to get rodin.
    it's definitely not an unlock for beating normal, hard, or NSIC modes, I can tell you that much.

there's a phonebooth code for it, but I'm spending my halos on something else first

You Need The D? Then You Need Me! Vitamin_D's Avatar

Well, I'm up to Chapter XII on Normal and have managed a Platinum on every stage but the boss ones. I was one Platinum away from unlocking Jeanne on the PS3, and just used the tricks I did on that file on the 360 version. It took a LOT of trial and error, but it paid off.

The main thing is knowing where all the Alfheim as well as the hidden verses are. They factor in a great deal to your final score. I now know where every Verse, Alfheim, and LP piece is. Some are pretty tricky, and without help I probably never would have found some haha.

For anyone who's completed the game (for spoilers sake) I recommend this YouTube channel. It covers pretty much anything you might have missed.

Lastly If you have both systems, get it for 360. Having played both versions it's the clear winner. Not that you haven't heard that before haha.