Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UMD vs. ISO

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kenesu View Post
    why is it OFW users hate CFW users so much? its ridiculous, just cause we get the games for free, we're wrong? whos to say we still don't buy the umds but would just rather play the iso for less loading time and no hassle of the cracking umd case that will eventually render the game useless.... smh.
    I have both! Hooray owning two PSPs!

Also, their argument is more about the whole "if you don't buy what they make, how do they know you want more of it, or why should they keep doing it if they don't get paid to do it" thing that comes up from not buying games. If you buy a UMD and patch it yourself, cool. You don't necessarily need to say you use CFW and do that - if you don't specify how you play, then it's assumed it's legal and nobody cares.

At least, I think that's the point they're trying to make. I could be wrong. Personally, I don't see harm in making an ISO of a game you bought and used only for yourself on your one system or something - I'd equate it to ripping a CD's tracks as MP3s as opposed to buying the album off of Itunes or something. You don't distribute it, then who cares. If you buy one copy, then give "copies" to your friends and such, then it's an issue.

Anyway, like others said, let's all just shaddup and play.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    I have both! Hooray owning two PSPs!

Also, their argument is more about the whole "if you don't buy what they make, how do they know you want more of it, or why should they keep doing it if they don't get paid to do it" thing that comes up from not buying games. If you buy a UMD and patch it yourself, cool. You don't necessarily need to say you use CFW and do that - if you don't specify how you play, then it's assumed it's legal and nobody cares.

At least, I think that's the point they're trying to make. I could be wrong. Personally, I don't see harm in making an ISO of a game you bought and used only for yourself on your one system or something - I'd equate it to ripping a CD's tracks as MP3s as opposed to buying the album off of Itunes or something. You don't distribute it, then who cares. If you buy one copy, then give "copies" to your friends and such, then it's an issue.

Anyway, like others said, let's all just shaddup and play.
    If you buy it, yep, you should be able to rip it!
    I mean... who wants a digital copy where you don't even get a case? (even though the case has a "screenshot" of the case cover)

As long as you don't steal games, I don't care if you use OFW or not.
    Anyway... Just wondering. Did CFW start up just to improve the features of the psp, thane eventually go into iso's, etc.

I am officially Samurai X just for that off chance you happen to run into me online!
    The yellow and blue cast, back from PSO!

Rregarding the first post. If youre not gona resell the game and you think youre gona play this game for at least a month get the digital copy. because UMD eats ur batteries like a mother. I baught this game but i was originally running a CFW. I was thinking i enjoyed phantasy star zero sooo much im gona spend my money on this game because its worth it and i want them to know its worth it. With that being said. I was playing with the UMD running CFW because i wanted to play it on my 37 full hd tv and controlling the psp with my xbox360 controller. Because the psp analog stick is gay. It was all fun until i tried playing online. When i got the dreaded network error. So i uninstall CFW now playing with OFW only to find out i still get the network errors. I dont know the cause but since the PSN maintenance i havnt gotten the error yet "fingers crossed". If CFW was not causing the error ill go back to CFW so i can play on my xbox360 controller
    Biggest Phantasy Star Chat room? Look no more. Just add this contact [email protected] to you IM. Usually supports most types of IM clients. Mostly PSP2 players and some PSZero players.

CFW works just as good as OFW. remotejoy causes major slowdowns, disconnects and lag.

I done some extensive testing due to me experiencing almost 30 sec weapon switch times on CFW using remotejoy.

remotejoy seems to limit the FPS to 30 which is infact terrible when compared to playing without it.

If you have not put your game code into PSN yet, get it done as this seems to cause many errors.