Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hum, I wouldn't care about the ATA loss with the LKK if it doesn't make me miss more than 50% of my attacks, but the PP increase tickles me. I don't like charging weapons every 3 combos and I have enough of that with my swords alone as I tend to overuse Gravity Break, and I don't like either interrupting the run to go reload charges.

Well, I have a Vijerina/hit for now while I level up, and the LKK stored waiting for my level. I guess I'll try it out a bit when I'm over lvl 100.

Having two beast female WTs (one on an inaccessible account at the mo) I use Red/Knight on my (suspended) 180, and an Orpa/Power Charge & dark wing on my 77. OPC is extremely cheap, and since I actually use normal attacks (and with the dark wing) I rarely run out of PP. Since the missions I run tend to have more than one photon cube I rarely have to stock up, unless I spam something like megid on robots and run my shato down... and then it's not really a melee skill problem is it?

I'd use LPC if I could afford it... and with my highest on my active account being said lv 77 I can't exactly hunt it either. Though I did make 10mil in as many minutes last night in one Degahna run I'd say Red/Knight > LPC > V/P > LKK > OPC > Cati/Skill > Cati/power > Solid/Knight. I have a LKK and no vij/pow but that's for my PROcaseal. Even at 180 you'll be hurting for accuracy, though we're not the worst in the game anymore!

Also, people might want to consider the Peace Breaker. It's a 9* whip with lv4 DFP Down attached to it. Zalure on a stick, if you will... but a better zalure than we can normally have. Worth considering if you're playing the only techer in a big party, it can squeeze those few extra numbers out.

Lastly, the Enchant Death (and Transform Death) GAS customizations are both things to bear in mind. Since they don't work with things that already have status effects, it puts a shift on some people's WT styles... since most twin claws have a status effect on them, it makes arza promoto suddenly attractive. Gudda Iggac with its 710 accuracy will skyrocket in use... that or gudda hons will make the comeback for us beasts. This extends to guns too, we have chousei-sou which has no SE, only the long range & high power bonuses... and our smarmy acrotecher cousins may find themselves spamming twin penetration rather than old favourite megid. Hell, nearly everyone can have penetrating hit, and it's cheaper than megid to buy and use!

Sorry, tangent. But ostensibly WT-related.

I've been running with the LKK for some runs and I dunno what to do. My char is level 90 yet and without the Shijin combo and GAS stuff, but I noticed that some "easy" monsters at around my level (95 in this case) such as Koltovas or Go-Vahras were "easy" to strike, and I did see some 0's, but not as many more as with the V/H. But then I went to a run with my GF in her lvl 40 character to MAG', and the level 50 Deljabans were getting too many 0's for my likes, and that being 40 levels below me -I don't wanna think about how would it be against some 30 levels above.

I didn't really consider Lumirus / Power Charge because of the PP issues, but lately I've been playing with my Hize / PP Generate and I was amazed at how could I refill a full sword PP bar with a couple normal attacks. I also use whips, so I though if I just get used to do some more normal attacks before the PA I'll be just fine. The troublesome one could be the twin daggers, but well, I can use charges. So I guess I'll give it a try.

About the whips, I really love my splashers, and I got a full set of them just for the stun effect. That and a bunch of Teruus with their knockdown effect, and I got a very cool combo for me. With the whip stunning moonsters and the Shadoog throwing them down, you have a very powerful crowd control, and I hadn't too many issues missing this. My problem would probably be swords, as I usually play Gravity Break (I use GB for pwning single, big mobs, Renga Shujin-shou for mid-size monsters with more than 1 hit-box and Vivi Danga for pwning little, annoying mobs and bosses with many hit-boxes). Of course I have all the PAs of those three weapons levelled but what I use as default is that, and GB's acc sucks.

About bows, I'd say the best one for WTs is currently Radius Arca, it has much more att. than any of those listed. It doesn't have as much PP as Ulteri, but the damage is very high, and it also has the highest accuracy of all A-rank bows. And it's cool. xD
    Last edited by Darki; Nov 1, 2010 at 02:52 PM.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

I think the 3K+ card hit`s going off the just counter boost which is hard to do all the time, even tho there is 3 ways to do it. Which you would need a AT for all of them; for one way which brings you to close to death to be very useful and it just under that cap at 2969. the other two are harder and is not as consist to do. But most of all you have to go off the "JUST COUNTER" to even try to get it over 3K+. That`s what I can see with everything you can do with items,weps,stats,and GAS. hope it helps

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

hmm just realized that I didn`t put the crit in one of them oops sorry so it`s possible ..... my question is, Does any know how much Revenge Blaster gives in damage... and does it go off your weapons like the Vish Tian. It`s the deciding factor if you can get if over 3k on a more consist basis, even tho might not be recommended. thanks for your help

If you mean over 3k with the whip, I don't know but I play with a set of Splashers (mostly because the Stun) that have almost half the att. than a Vish Kuseb, and I usually do over 2k damage with my level 90 beast WT. I only use an LKK, but I believe when I get my Lumirus/Power charge it will go much better thanks to the ATA increase.

If that's with my character I'm sure in higher levels, good gear and with a stronger & grinded weapon you should be able to pull over 3k damage, and probably that without GAS.If you put there a Full Custom Power and maybe High Enhanced weapon with a 10/10 Vish Tien/Kuseb with good element, I'm sure you can reach that damage without the risk of lowering your HP.

I have a male human(lvl 180) WT (lvl 20). I use L/KK and have lvl 2 ATP+ Gas Cust. . With a 7/10 50% Vish Kuseb I can hit almost 4400 per hit in the last part of vivi danga(hits 3 times). So it's worth to get powerful whips.

Edit:
    For clarification, since I have a Hx of bad math , The 4400 per hit # is based on S3 creatures without any debuff. If I use A Peace Breaker for Debuffing I can surpass 4400 with My Vish kuseb, and in S2 creatures(or Dual Sentinel S3) I've seen 4600 hits. Of course, this pales in comparison with the occasional 9000 hits with Gravity Break, but it's very consistent and it does makes for a full Vivi Danga combo of around 21,600 pts of damage to EVERYTHING around you.
    Last edited by Orosan; Nov 3, 2010 at 09:25 AM.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

personally, I am an accuracy whore - since there are heavy modifiers to ATP (weapon/shifta/PA) all that leverage goes to waste when you get a "0" - especially for big PA moves like gravity break...

Quote Originally Posted by SolomonGrundy View Post
    personally, I am an accuracy whore - since there are heavy modifiers to ATP (weapon/shifta/PA) all that leverage goes to waste when you get a "0" - especially for big PA moves like gravity break...
    That's exactly why I'm planning to use lvl 5 Accuracy+. My L/KK will only be -25 Acc. instead of -100. Mix that with extra 10% ATA for Lvl 40 Vivi Danga, and 3% stat ATA bonus for human, and it's like I don't have any negative Acc. at all.

Yeah, but for that, you can just get the Lumirus / Power charge and you will get 60+ ATP, 210+ if you use Strenght+. and you will still have your ATA untouched, which will be 25 more points than with your setup. Use Accuracy+ instead and you will have much more ATA.

That, only for getting PAs use 150% PP instead of 100%? Use a / PP restore and you will need a couple swings only to replenish it, with a whip or a sword it's super easy. I Don't think the cost will be that much, I didn't try this, but the LPC costs less than 10M in JP servers, it shouldn't be too expensive anywhere.

PD: Of course you can get both GAS, but the LPC would still be superior if you don't count the PP stuff... In my case I wanna get TECHNIC+ too.
    Last edited by Darki; Nov 2, 2010 at 02:11 PM.