Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Orange_Coconut View Post
    This.

I'm not too familiar with anime or manga and I'm pretty picky when it comes to watching a series. Welcome to the N.H.K. was amazing. It's a psychological drama with some demented humor mixed into it.
    I see that title here and there, and always catches my interest as something I might get into... but I've never had both the means and opportunity coincide before, and being something of an unknown I never had the ambition to actually seek it out for it's own sake or the willingness to drop $20 on an experiment I'll either not like (wasted money) or love, in which case I'm stuck with a fragment of a series of which I can't afford to complete.

Know any legitimate means by which to stream it online for free (like Hulu)?

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Shakugan No Shana is pretty good. It's an action/drama anime that's basically about a replica of a high school student who literally got his existence "eating" and a samurai loli who's in love with melon bread.

Also, there's one other anime I liked but forgotten the name of it. I saw it on anime club once. It's about a badass butler named Sabastetion who works for a young boy that inherited his parent's mansion I guess. I really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    It's hard to recommend a favorite, but I'd probably recommend starting with Castle in the Sky, Kiki's Delivery Service or Princess Mononoke. The later movies are way trippier, so it might be a little harder to get into them.
    Listen to this man.

Anime:

1)Darker Than Black - Action/Sci-fi
    2)Basilisk - Ninja action
    3)Claymore - Action with female warriors

*These were the ones I saw on Netflix that I was anxious to see the next episode.
    Last edited by Keely; Dec 9, 2010 at 09:17 PM.

Whoever said Obata and Ohba was right. Deathnote and Bakuman are great, smart series.
    I enjoyed the Ragnarok manga/manwha? I think Myung Jin Lee makes it in Korea, maybe.

In terms of animation, I recommend Cowboy Bebop or Samurai Champloo(Both by the same people), Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and any Studio Ghibli film--like Mononoke Hime, Spirited Away, Pom Poko, Nausicaa, GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES.

If you want to watch anime for the purpose of tripping out, I recommend Cat Soup.

Quote Originally Posted by Keely View Post
    Anime:

1)Darker Than Black - Action/Sci-fi
    2)Basilisk - Ninja action
    3)Claymore - Action with female warriors

*These were the ones I saw on Netflix that I was anxious to see the next episode.
    For the record, the Claymore anime deviates heavily from the manga... at about the time where it caught up. (Basically, the last 5 episodes or so?) It leaves a rather major plot thread hanging, but wraps the rest up nicely.
    Last edited by Randomness; Dec 9, 2010 at 09:58 PM.
    Coming Soon!

@ Sinue_v2: Honestly, I saw it in 10 minute segments on youtube... I'm not too good with where/how to obtain clean copies of things legally for a low price. XP

That being said, I'd like to see if there was anything I wasn't able to see due to the fact that I watched it through youtube. However, I think that being able to enjoy a film on youtube says something about the film itself.

Some mangas I've been reading that i think are really good.

Beelzebub
    The Breaker
    The Breaker: New Waves
    Hajime No Ippo
    Claymore
    Berserk

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

My personal favorite anime thus far:

1) Bakemonogatari
    2) FFVII:ACC (does this count as anime?)
    3) Spice & Wolf
    4) Full Metal Panic!/To Aru Majutsu no Index
    5) Seitokai no Ichizon/Shakugan no Shana/Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

Manga, don't have an order so yeah:

Shin Angyo Onshi, Defense Devil, Psyren, Yankee-kun to Megane-chan, Seitokai Yakuindomo, The Breaker, Rosario + Vampire, etc...I'll post more when I can remember them...

-Wayu

Jojo's Bizzarre Adventure. Great manga. About 7 or so sagas, and its still ongoing. The most famous are sagas 1 and 3. Give them a read. The anime is good too of course.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!