Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

Thread: Hurry up SoA!

Quote Originally Posted by Pavichokche View Post
    What's so bad about having different tastes in games? Nothing. It's only natural that two countries with such tremendously different cultures would have generally a different demand for games. And it's also obvious that there are [many] exceptions, like all the people in NA who love RPGs and all the 'asian kids' who kick ass on COD.
    There is nothing bad with that, but again those fanbases are small in those countries that most publishers don't take it seriously.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post
    There is nothing bad with that, but again those fanbases are small in those countries that most publishers don't take it seriously.
    Hence why PS isnt as big as it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post
    Consider this: Do you think Japanese gaming industries care if its 'All' or 'majority'? That's why most RPGs that do come stateside are either watered down that they are practically a shell of their former selves, or lack advertisement and/or support. Sure, there's a few exceptions like Square Enix, but even then the fanbase is small compared to Japan. And despite all that, the RPG list that make it outside of Japan is rather small.
    I'm wondering if the context of that post is even aimed at me but either way...

To answer your food for thought: I don't really care what the Japanese gaming industries (and to a lesser form, the the fanbase on either spectrum) think period. I'm aware of the here and there on the situations but not horribly bothered by it. Esp. when it comes to RPGs. They have their way and reasons yet I have my own set of options, we all do.

Kinda funny you mentioned SE since the supporters on that side would roar otherwise by statement for reasons of here and there...

It's cultural clash.

-Wayu

Quote Originally Posted by Wayu View Post
    It's cultural clash.

-Wayu

No but really, that's what it all boils down to. Still, it doesn't mean that the few people who are awaiting the game (the exceptions) can't bit*h and complain about it xD
    PSPo2 Characters:
    Re-l Mayer (lv 95 RAnewarl) || Hiyori (lv 100 VAbearl)
    Vincent Law (lv 99 HUmar) || Daedalus (lv 92 FOnewar)
    Dante Alighieri (lv 102 VAcast) || Eris (lv 90 RAcaseal)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavichokche View Post

No but really, that's what it all boils down to. Still, it doesn't mean that the few people who are awaiting the game (the exceptions) can't bit*h and complain about it xD
    Wow, another American stereotype...
    PSPo2;
    Graviteon: CAST, Male, level 102,RA/16 VA/15|Nalma: Newman, male, level 90, FO/13 VA/13

I am a RAcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Can't get enough of that, and neither can everyone else.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Stereotypes are the best ! They allow for an entirely new dimension of comedy. Love 'em !
    PSPo2 Characters:
    Re-l Mayer (lv 95 RAnewarl) || Hiyori (lv 100 VAbearl)
    Vincent Law (lv 99 HUmar) || Daedalus (lv 92 FOnewar)
    Dante Alighieri (lv 102 VAcast) || Eris (lv 90 RAcaseal)

"Unconcious" in Forest 2 T_Esquire's Avatar

Yeah, I find the best approach to Phantasy Star games is to assume it's never coming over here and be pleasantly surprised when if it does. That way I don't set myself up for the disappointment when it doesn't.
    I guess... It wasn't enough... Hee hee hee... Perhaps I was overthinking things... Awww... After thinking about all that... I'm starved! Let's head home.

That works. I was oblivious of PSP1's release, mostly because when I first heard about it it was JP exclusive, and also clueless about PSP2's release. It also didn't help that there was no advertisement for either game at all.