Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Tom Fools day is in April I will not be fooled. :E

does that mean the the entire month of april is by default a lie?

I for one am totaly stoked for this game! I trust that they wont be screw it up
    april just cant come fast enought!
    I request a dance of intellect, put on your thinking shoes!

Due to Japan's current situation, the information in April might (but not necessarily) be a little delayed. We'll see, though.

I don't really have that much faith in Sonic Team either, but as long as they don't make any stupid decisions (mainly splitting regions/server populations across current and previous-gen consoles and failing to deliver updates simultaneously to all of them as a result) and have GM's present at all times to help address issues promptly, I think I'll still get some enjoyment out of it. I just hope I'll be able to run it on my current PC, unless I somehow get hold of a couple thousand dollars to make a really good, up-to-date one, lol.

Of course, there's no telling when we'll be getting any more news about the game due to the whole earthquake/tsunami mess...

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Well they are sufficiently far away from the quake so really it's the power situation that may be issue.
    I'd wait till E3 anyway.

Ever since I stopped playing PSU on X360, all I've wanted is another Phantasy Star to play on console or PC. I'm not a huge fan of handhelds, it kills the experience for me for some reason. Me and a buddy watched the teaser trailer and were super excited. Regardless of no other information.

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    Sonic Team is wonderful when they actually TRY to create a game. Giving it to someone else is just confirming to everyone it wont be better than PSU or PSO. You really think SEGA would give one of their key franchises to a random team of people? If so, they must not care very much for game if they dont want to give their own resources for it.
    Uhh, "Sonic Chronicles" ring a bell there? You know, the game that wasn't touched by anyone but Bioware, a company with no previous ties to any Sonic Team related work?

And this whole "When ST tries, they make good stuff" isn't cutting it either. Throw enough darts at a board, and your bound to get a bullseye eventually.

Alternatively, as is the case with PSU, polish a turd long enough, or through enough remakes and you actually can trick people into thinking they're playing a good game.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Quote Originally Posted by Niered View Post
    Alternatively, as is the case with PSU, polish a turd long enough, or through enough remakes and you actually can trick people into thinking they're playing a good game.
    So, you're saying that PSP2 and Infinity weren't/aren't good games?

lolwut.

I would love to hear what you think is so wrong with them, if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    So, you're saying that PSP2 and Infinity weren't/aren't good games?

lolwut.

I would love to hear what you think is so wrong with them, if that's the case.
    You're right, thats a tad harsh. Allow me to amend that.

Let me put it this way, do you know why I don't buy Madden games? (Apart from the fact that I'm just not that interested in football?)

It's because EA sports doesn't make new Madden games. The last truly "new" madden game was made at the beginning of this console generation, beyond that, their games are in a constant state of development, nothing is ever finished, and they add small amounts of new content or gameplay tweaks to each subsequent sequel. They're charging you full price for an expansion pack every year.

Sound familiar?

PSU was a botched timesink of a grindfest of a JRPG, that Sega attempted to "fix" by releasing an ACTUAL expansion pack for. That expansion pack really just added a few new areas, gameplay tweaks, and more LOL RESKIN THE SAME 4 BOSSES + 1, but at least it didn't advertise itself as something it wasn't.

Similarly, I don't actually mind the original PSP, because even if it is port of a bad game, it was still a port.

PSP2 and PSP2i though? Same engine, built on the same content, just that now, finally after playtesting the original broken game for half a decade, they actually got to a point where its playable.

See, I just don't support that kind of a business model. Make something worth my time the first time, and if you want to add more content, call it an expansion pack and have me pay accordingly. Don't treat it like a 5 year long beta. If your game sucks from the get go, I'm not going to continue to pay you to have me tell you whats wrong with it.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Niered View Post
    You're right, thats a tad harsh. Allow me to amend that.

Let me put it this way, do you know why I don't buy Madden games? (Apart from the fact that I'm just not that interested in football?)

It's because EA sports doesn't make new Madden games. The last truly "new" madden game was made at the beginning of this console generation, beyond that, their games are in a constant state of development, nothing is ever finished, and they add small amounts of new content or gameplay tweaks to each subsequent sequel. They're charging you full price for an expansion pack every year.

Sound familiar?

PSU was a botched timesink of a grindfest of a JRPG, that Sega attempted to "fix" by releasing an ACTUAL expansion pack for. That expansion pack really just added a few new areas, gameplay tweaks, and more LOL RESKIN THE SAME 4 BOSSES + 1, but at least it didn't advertise itself as something it wasn't.

Similarly, I don't actually mind the original PSP, because even if it is port of a bad game, it was still a port.

PSP2 and PSP2i though? Same engine, built on the same content, just that now, finally after playtesting the original broken game for half a decade, they actually got to a point where its playable.

See, I just don't support that kind of a business model. Make something worth my time the first time, and if you want to add more content, call it an expansion pack and have me pay accordingly. Don't treat it like a 5 year long beta. If your game sucks from the get go, I'm not going to continue to pay you to have me tell you whats wrong with it.

This seems more like an individual way of thinking more than something a massive group would go by. But I understand the thought of wanting nothing to do with a game if it's just a constantly polished drip content abortion.

Still from the perspective of a fan, people would definitely play it for a while regardless, and then these fixes would only make it better. Not caring if they were screwed over in what may as well had been a 5 year beta but as long as they get to enjoy the game in general. Which kind of makes your way of seeing things just look sort of stubborn. (Not that you don't have a reason to be... I mean, It's SEGA.)

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.