Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

@Wayu: Finally, another reinforcement to the Newman Pointy Ear Defense Line has arrived!

----------------

@Broken L Button: As a matter of fact, I like these ears. ^_^

Spoiler!

Let it never be said that I am an Ear-bigot! But neither can a challenge to the ears of a newman ever go unanswered!

On another note, to make it up to my little Deis, I bought her a new dress.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Crystal_Shard; Apr 14, 2011 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsavo View Post
    Question: in PSP2 I've been raising a F Beast melee FO since magic sucks so bad and I like to try and play something like Acrotecher. With the changes to FO, PP regen, and faster swinging Swords and Rods would you think a CAST would now be better suited for this role? Or would a Beasts ATP, HP, and EVP make them worth it?
    I really don't think it matters what race it is, seeing as a melee force is basically a "novelty" class anyways. Cast PP regen didn't change anyways, it was newmans that got the huge boost in PP regen. As far as the changes in swords go, Beasts will hit slightly harder, but casts will miss less. Though honestly forces are now one of the best classes in the game, so you might want to actually use magic now, and if that's the case beasts will do better damage due to better TEC stats, but casts have better PP regen. Also nanoblasts are kind of useless for forces seeing as their damage is based off ATK power, and SUV's are mostly useless as well for the same reason, though you can still use Exusia Fluge for the level 5 shifta and deband. Overall those are the two races that are least suited to being force, so I really don't think it matters much.
    PSP2:
    Irving Lv.167 M-Newman H:16 R:8 F:15 V:30
    Eilie Lv.51 F-Beast H:4 R:1 F:1 V:5

This guide already helped me a lot! Especially the weapon section - I never really thought much about weapons to be honest (yes, I'm a noob, but I have the right to be a noob ).
    So thank you for putting so much effort into it. =)
    Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Germany - corrections are always welcome =)

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wayu View Post
    If you're going to play as a Force, why not go for the best Force?

That being said, I have a Dewman Force simply because I don't have any high-level rods besides a single Ryuhoujidou.

In Infinity, ditch the back row of techs on rods. Use them to Just Guard; it makes life a lot easier.

-Wayu
    Hence why people go with Cast force or AFROnewm. But male newmans being nonexistent and Casts being adamant in maintaining the stereotype about them being not good at techs, a paradox is born and thus, one can't get the best force, and must settle for some pirate magician or magical cat.

IMO, the rod blocking is a waste. Seeing as you mostly spend your time blasting stuff from afar, losing that 10% TEC bonus to your P-wand so you can block "just in case" doesn't serve much purpose...Especially since one can see most, if not all enemy attacks coming. I'd rather have another 2 handed weapon handy and just switch to that if I know I'm going to do something more dangerous. Again, that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Shard View Post
    @Wayu: Finally, another reinforcement to the Newman Pointy Ear Defense Line has arrived!
    Tch! I'm getting outnumbered here...Where's Renzo when you need him?

@Broken L Button: As a matter of fact, I like these ears. ^_^

Let it never be said that I am an Ear-bigot! But neither can a challenge to the ears of a newman ever go unanswered!

On another note, to make it up to my little Deis, I bought her a new dress.
    So you swayed her gentle heart by pouring massive amounts of material goods on her? How cunning...! I see how you newmen operate now, yes...

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Once you use extended tech sticks that have the proper empower bonuses and a high element %, you won't be thinking magic sucks so bad. Killing a rainbow Delbiter in one Damgrants is sexay.

Anyways, as for your question...Both are excellent for the melee Force/Acrotecher thing, I guess, since they both have high level buffs (obviously, being forces) as well as the better melee stats. Though, I prefer Casts because of the higher ACC and because EVP has become useless to me these days.

Why thank you. And yes, Crystal doesn't like our Cast ears, but she denied that claim XD
    I should specify that I meant it sucks so bad in PSP2. I'm actually really looking forward to being able to use magic to kill things again in Infinity. It looks like I'll have a Newm for pure spellcasting and a Beast for melee/support so I can see which I like more. Thanks!

Tch! I'm getting outnumbered here...Where's Renzo when you need him?
    *salutes* FOcaseal Catherine ready for deployment

I can't speak for infinity, or end-game, as I'm lvl 150, but with the lvl's I invested in the other classes (which I'm not sure you mentioned, but it may be less necessary in Infinity), I feel I've become quite good recently, even if I do say so myself.

The tips you shared in PM's already helped me alot, and this weapon section was very interesting as well, as you're speaking from your own experience.
    Personally my pallete is-

Extended Ill Gill Testament (axe)
    50% Yasminkov 2000H + Extended Tsumikiri-Omote (handgun and dagger)
    50% Extended T-Yasminkov 2000H (twin handguns)
    52% Motav Prophecy + Kazami Bracer (wand and shield)
    30% Extended Konsaikon + 47% Angelic Breath (wand and card)
    54% P-wand (Rod)

I find for a cast, this relatively equal mix of guns, melee and teching work very well and allow me to take advantage of the extra bulkiness I do have a Tumikiri Hyori too, but I still have to get used to it, and I actually prefer single dagger PA's more.
    Last edited by Crimson The FOmar; Apr 14, 2011 at 02:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post
    **** that Clad 6 with your Monomate??? How will that work lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirukia View Post
    Its the future, they've now unlocked the secrets to boob teleportation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsavo View Post
    I should specify that I meant it sucks so bad in PSP2. I'm actually really looking forward to being able to use magic to kill things again in Infinity. It looks like I'll have a Newm for pure spellcasting and a Beast for melee/support so I can see which I like more. Thanks!
    I was talking about PSP2, when I mentioned Damgrants slaying that aura'd delbiter. The only problem with forces in this version is that their difficulty is somewhat high in the beginning of the game, putting so many people off. Once you reach level 80 (to equip some of the decent extended low-level tech weapons) and have decent tech disk, it starts getting easier.

And you're welcome.

@ Crimson:

YES! An ally! Now we shall show these space elves the greatness of artificial nerves and metal chins!

Glad to see you've gotten the hang of playing a force!

Hence why people go with Cast force or AFROnewm. But male newmans being nonexistent and Casts being adamant in maintaining the stereotype about them being not good at techs, a paradox is born and thus, one can't get the best force, and must settle for some pirate magician or magical cat.
    I know the whole "no male newmans" thing is a joke, but I've never got where it came from. -Has a male newman main-

Consider me another newman advocate either way
    PSP2:
    Irving Lv.167 M-Newman H:16 R:8 F:15 V:30
    Eilie Lv.51 F-Beast H:4 R:1 F:1 V:5

It depends on whether or not you're looking for maximum damage output or not. If so, linking 4 PAs to a rod with a female Newman is the way to go. There's your nuke, which Serizawa will be eventually.

For close-range teching the back row is not needed. All you need is Foverse and the Gi-techs. For the dark and light elements put Damgrants and Ramegid on instead.

-Wayu

Quote Originally Posted by vagabondkitten View Post
    I know the whole "no male newmans" thing is a joke, but I've never got where it came from. -Has a male newman main-

Consider me another newman advocate either way
    Look at the default male newman, then look at default female newman, now back to the male newman, now back to the female one. Sadly, the male doesn't look more manly than the female. But, if he adjusted his wardrobe and paid slightly more attention to his physique, he could seem like he's manly. Look down, back up, where are you? On the character creation screen, entertaining the thought of making a male beast much more fitting of the title of "man". What's that thought on your mind? That male beast has it. It's manly arms with strong biceps on them. Look again, that muscular beast is now a refined male Cast. Anything is possible when your male character looks like a man and not a lady.

That male Cast is on a Yaoroz.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayu View Post
    It depends on whether or not you're looking for maximum damage output or not. If so, linking 4 PAs to a rod with a female Newman is the way to go. There's your nuke, which Serizawa will be eventually.

For close-range teching the back row is not needed. All you need is Foverse and the Gi-techs. For the dark and light elements put Damgrants and Ramegid on instead.

-Wayu
    Good point. Though, with Foverse flinching the enemy and you casting a Gi-tech for even more flinching...Guarding still isn't a must, since these 2 scenarios are most likely to happen:

1- Everything will roll over and die.
    2- You'll run to the hills.

And thus, since those two supplemental technique slots can be more useful than a guarding function that might not be used at all, I'd still prefer filling them up with the proper techs at all times. Damgrants having slightly less power than in PSP2 (lolkillingOlgaSpiritos), I'd prefer boosting it as well by filling up my rod as such: Grants-Damgrants/Nagrants-Resta. Not to mention Damgrants' range is sufficient for you to be able to escape if, by some heavenly miracle, the enemy survives your laser. For the dark techs...Even though megiverse is slightly more worth it for close-range, you'll be able to interrupt the technique and roll away/run away before the enemy can recover from flinching and do something dangerous.

...But, again, that's just me.
    Last edited by Broken_L_button; Apr 14, 2011 at 10:08 PM.