Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Unhappy More disappointment...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer76 View Post
    When the hell are we getting the extra 15% for the gbr

Also, couldnt they just make it so we put the thorns that are already neutral in our com box, then take them out again so it will get the updated parameters?
    Well, it looks like Sega took the easy way out again and released a "fix" that wasn't retroactive. Part of the "fix" could have included assigning a random element and percent to the weapons that were neutral. Apparently that would have required too much work. I don't even see why an official "maintenance" was even necessary, since all they effectively did was change a flag from a 0 (aka drop neutral only) to a 1 (drop with a random element / percent or possibly drop neutral), lol.

I left the neutral weapons I received in my common box, prior to the "maintenance", and tried taking them out to see if that did anything. They were still neutral. No *real* surprise there I suppose. Oh well. Looks like I will be NPC'ing the neutral Claws but possibly selling the neutral Spears, since there are probably some players that want a 10/10 neutral Violent Thorn.
    Isolde Lvl 180 Newman Female (EUID 30005142)
    AT (20) | WT (20) | GT (20) | MF (20) | AF (20) | FT (20)
    Independently Owned and Operated

LOL, they rarely do retroactive fixes like that... i'm surprised people actually thought they would... at least they fixed it. and even changing flags in a program can be a pain in the ass and require some downtime (from personal job experience)

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy72 View Post
    LOL, they rarely do retroactive fixes like that... i'm surprised people actually thought they would...
    ^This. I don't recall any retroactive fixes in the past (besides on weapons that had fixed percentages). I don't know why people expected their currently-owned Violent Thorns to just magically be given an element. It doesn't work like that.

Smile A fix...of sorts

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    ^This. I don't recall any retroactive fixes in the past (besides on weapons that had fixed percentages). I don't know why people expected their currently-owned Violent Thorns to just magically be given an element. It doesn't work like that.
    Well technically all of the pre-maintenance Verzegrys, Eisengrys and Violent Thorns *did* have a "fixed" percentage. That fixed percentage just happened to be 0%, but I get what you are saying as IIRC the Go Vahra Claw trade-in was initially 40% Lightning only until a maintenance changed that. I wasn't really expecting anything, other than that I would most likely end up being disappointed in Sega's effort or should I say lack thereof to properly address an issue. Had Sega done sufficient testing to begin with, Sega would have noticed that the weapons were dropping neutral only. Potentially, it would have only taken one run where all of the Boss boxes were set to drop the new weapons only. The testers doing the run would have seen that the weapons ALL had no element. What is even more disconcerting is that if the PSU community did not say anything, the issue most likely would not have been addressed, and the weapons would still be dropping neutral only.

Prior to the maintenance, all the weapons were neutral only. How difficult could it have been to essentially do a Global Search and replace (during the maintenance when the servers were down) to replace all neutral Versegrys, Eisengrys and Violent Thorns (which would have been ALL of them at the time) with the same weapon of a random element and percent? The only potentially good argument I heard against that was the following: What if someone had grinded a Violent Thorn to 10/10, when it was still neutral only, and it ended up receiving a 50% element? My response was basically, Congrats on your 50% 10/10 Violent Thorn. The chances of *that* happening are very very low. And if someone actually took the risk to grind a neutral Violent Thorn (without a grind boost) and got it to 10/10, more power to them I say. Wouldn't have bothered me one bit, if it meant all my Neutrals would have been replaced with a random element and percent.

Quote Originally Posted by Isolde View Post
    How difficult could it have been to essentially do a Global Search and replace (during the maintenance when the servers were down) to replace all neutral Versegrys, Eisengrys and Violent Thorns (which would have been ALL of them at the time) with the same weapon of a random element and percent?.
    I think you forget which game company we're dealing with here. That's all I really need to say.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    I think you forget which game company we're dealing with here. That's all I really need to say.
    Apparently asking Sega to understand SQL 101 is asking too much, lol. Maybe I should buy and send them a copy of 'SQL for Dummies'. Then again, since it is Sega we are talking about and despite what Edward would like us to believe, the more likely explanation is lack of caring instead of lack of knowledge. Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Isolde View Post
    What if someone had grinded a Violent Thorn to 10/10, when it was still neutral only, and it ended up receiving a 50% element?
    what if they ended up getting a 10%? i'd rather have a neutral 10/10 than a 10% element 10/10 , so there is more than one way to look at it. they fixed the drop parameters, be happy, they could have just left it,. that would truly be not caring.... i will agree they do have a serious lack of game testing over there though... especially for our "unique" version of the game...
    Last edited by Gypsy72; Jul 29, 2011 at 02:03 PM.