Page 332 of 683 FirstFirst ... 232282322329330331332333334335342382432 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 6822

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Man, some people just make me want to fall on a knife. Well, maybe more so pushing them onto a knife. I was reading this goofy article on a website, and I can basically summarize it in the following paragraph:

"If you don't have a personal relationship with Jesus, then you're not saved! If you like anything about this world, then you aren't of God! If you get any enjoyment out of TV, video games, movies, books (besides the Bible, of course!), or anything, then you're part of the secular, worldly, devil-worshiping society, and have been brainwashed!"

I really feel sorry for kids who grow up with strict religious parents. Then again, I feel sorry for any religious person who lives their life according to some 2000-year-old rulebook, and doesn't actually think and/or do things for themselves. Seems like such a waste to me.
    Not to offend anyone's faith here, but seriously, until I see for myself God and his angels raining down divine fury from the heavens and Satan and his demons popping up from fiery hellish pits, I'm pretty much convinced that religions are just a stupid justification people have over who has the best imaginary friends...

Add to that the fact that the Vatican and other church authorities have brainwashed people into the whole "YOU'RE GOING TO HELL IF YOU EXIST" mentality, and suppressed historical information for centuries, and you can't help but be skeptical. =/

And before anyone gets on my case, I'm not atheist, I'm agnostic, and I was raised Methodist/Presbyterian Christian. So yeah, I DO believe in A God, or at least some form of "higher power," but I try to keep a rational and open view on things.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

I would be scared to die and empty if I did not have my religious beliefs.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keely View Post
    I would be scared to die and empty if I did not have my religious beliefs.
    I think that's what most people call being alive.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

-sigh- I say ppl who are fanatical about their chosen faith are just as bad as ppl who are fanatical about not choosing a faith. Same coin in my opinion.
    =================

onto today's rant.

Hate working for a person to tells you that X must be done now while you were trying to finish Y. So you stop Y, get to work on X, finish X and first thing they ask you for is "where is Y at?" Really? Seems to happen all the time.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scejntjynahl View Post
    -sigh- I say ppl who are fanatical about their chosen faith are just as bad as ppl who are fanatical about not choosing a faith. Same coin in my opinion.
    =================

onto today's rant.

Hate working for a person to tells you that X must be done now while you were trying to finish Y. So you stop Y, get to work on X, finish X and first thing they ask you for is "where is Y at?" Really? Seems to happen all the time.
    They call themselves atheist or something.

I personally have nothing against either side, stupid people will make anything a big deal, and maybe religions are up and down on it's effects on history.

But it's good to have faith, or something to believe that helps keep you sane or helps keep up good habits or whatever...

Whether it's a god, some ominous being/voice from the ceiling, a diet/workout plan, or expensive Stuff.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    They call themselves atheist or something.

I personally have nothing against either side, stupid people will make anything a big deal, and maybe religions are up and down on it's effects on history.

But it's good to have faith, or something to believe that helps keep you sane or helps keep up good habits or whatever...

Whether it's a god, some ominous being/voice from the ceiling, a diet/workout plan, or expensive Stuff.
    There's a good south park episode mocking atheism as just another religion.

My personal opinion is that the only logical conclusion is that there is no logical conclusion - hence why it's usually called faith. I hope there's something more than what is immediately apparent, but I wouldn't go so far as to say I believe there is.
    Coming Soon!

Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

Just now realizing that one of my lady-friends was into me for a while. I graduate in less than two weeks from college, and will be moving three hours away from town. I've never had or seen a successful long-distance relationship, either.

Guess I'll just have to wait on that next fish...

Ship 2 - Gatz

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger-08 View Post
    Just now realizing that one of my lady-friends was into me for a while. I graduate in less than two weeks from college, and will be moving three hours away from town. I've never had or seen a successful long-distance relationship, either.

Only 3 hours? You consider that long distance? Hehehehe sorry, not to make lite of your plight, but 3 hours is really nothing if you really want to make it work. You can see each other every weekend, just get your lazy butt up early in the morning, leave at 5 am, get there at 8 and make the most of the day with her. And if she really is into you and a more of modern woman she can pitch in for the gas money. I mean it is possible if you want to invest the time to it. But if you already think that 3 hours is too much for you, then you weren't really that interested in her to begin with.

And by the way any relationship can fail irregardless of distance. Been nearer doesnt give you any better guarantees that it will work out.

Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scejntjynahl View Post
    And by the way any relationship can fail irregardless of distance. Been nearer doesnt give you any better guarantees that it will work out.
    lol, a sad truth.

As for everything else, yeah, I guess I'm not that interested in her now.

I'd say it's less of a plight and more of a disappointing realization. At least the upcoming move has a chance to be a fresh start as far as relationships go.
    Last edited by Gunslinger-08; Nov 29, 2011 at 06:32 PM.

Ship 2 - Gatz

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger-08 View Post

I'd give it a try. I've actually been in a long distance relationship for a few years, and took it to the next step. I moved from NYC all the way out to Hawaii, and It's been almost 2 years since, and were still going strong. If you and this person have been friends for a while, then why not, yknow? Not saying its guaranteed either, but a change of scenery is always nice.

Anyway, ranting. Working 6 days this week. I don't mind the hours, but I DO like my free time, yknow? Tuesday is usually the hump of the week, so everything should move faster now. Now if only we didn't have to deal with these Stomach Viruses..