Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Automated responses are to be taken into consideration when emailing a company.

An answer that vague shouldn't be taken seriously.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Temprus View Post
    That response is so much an automated reply. That you got it means they just probably placed something that your e-mail triggered on it (like mentioning Infinity).

I doubt that. The ticket system (which is split into categories, to make things more specific yet) requires an employee to read the situation and mark it as "solved" once it has been deemed as resolved. Seeing how my question was marked as such, I would assume that it was at least read.

Don't get me wrong; it's more than possible that he simply read the thing, typed something out, and then went on to proceeding not to give a crap. But I don't think that automated replies are that common within this specific support system(which several other companies use as well). So again, at least somebody is reading the things.

To be honest.... this is one of those games than NEVER gets to the US...

Happens to most PSP Sequels and Expansions... take Tales of the World RM as an example
    we got TOTW1 and Japan gets TOTW2 & 3.

if you go to any release date sites you will get a TBA on the US release
    do NOT expect that TBA to change,

Company strategy... keep hopes alive by posting a TBA... Then forget it even exists
    PSP2 main character

Sesilou. Lv. 62 Vanguard. (Getting back on track )

Not another one of these threads again...

My personal guess would be that they're either waiting on PSVita to come out in order to make more sales.. or they're simply too busy with Phantasy Star Online 2 and any other games they may be working on. Also, I just thought of it, but they may be waiting to see how sales go on The Defender's Pack. I don't think they'll completely abandon the translated release of it, but it is obvious that alot of JRPG's and unusual titles don't sell as well as they do in Japan.

is it that hard for people to accept the cold hard fact the SEGA's localization plans do not include the US?
    PSP2 main character

Sesilou. Lv. 62 Vanguard. (Getting back on track )

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.V.S.O View Post
    is it that hard for people to accept the cold hard fact the SEGA's localization plans do not include the US?
    Considering that topics like this pop up every so often, a definite yes.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrion View Post
    Also, I just thought of it, but they may be waiting to see how sales go on The Defender's Pack.
    The Defender's Pack was canceled.

I don't think they'll completely abandon the translated release of it
    No, but companies rarely do since market conditions are - to a degree - unpredictable. That doesn't mean, however, that they haven't completely abandoned a western release. For all intents and purposes, whatever localization initiative they may have had is now dead. Or rather, "on hold indefinitely". Games rarely get out & out canceled unless a collaborative partnership has been dissolved, or the platform it was to be released on is dead.

And in the west, the PSP is largely dead in the water. I wouldn't even count a PSvita release as a possibility at this point since by the time it has the userbase numbers to build a viable userbase, there will be little to no interest left in the title... at a time in which it will also be competing with new next-gen PSVita titles.

At this current point, I think the best we could hope for is a release of PSP2 on the PS3 as a remastered title, with perhaps Infinity extra content to make it more competitive. It would make a certain amount of sense financially since they already largely have all of the high-quality textures and models ready and on hand from the PC/360 version. It'll take minimal cost and resources to port it over compared to other games they could attempt to remaster (eg, Valkyria Chronicals II). But don't hold your breath, that's just my speculation - and this IS Sega we're talking about here.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Dec 13, 2011 at 11:23 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.V.S.O View Post

Because it's not enough. Sega has not made a official statement. If they just simply made a official statement, people would stop hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    I wouldn't even count a PSvita release as a possibility at this point since by the time it has the userbase numbers to build a viable userbase, there will be little to no interest left in the title... at a time in which it will also be competing with new next-gen PSVita titles.
    They made hints at Phantasy Star "Victory" for the Vita. As far as I can tell at this point, Infinity is pretty much now done and over and gears have switched to PSO2 and any other projects they have lined up for next year.

Entity of the ORN Empire
    The Sword of Judgement Cora Solais