Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

What they did before was lower the amount of enemies when soloing, that's easier no?

They need to seriously implement a feature that scales the stats/spawns of the enemies based on the number of people in your party.

This way the game won't be overwhelming when soloing but piss easy when in a 4-player party.

I'd rather them to just scale the spawns instead. This'll let the mission be easier without encouraging you to actually just play solo all the time.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    They need to seriously implement a feature that scales the stats/spawns of the enemies based on the number of people in your party.

This way the game won't be overwhelming when soloing but piss easy when in a 4-player party.

I'd rather them to just scale the spawns instead. This'll let the mission be easier without encouraging you to actually just play solo all the time.
    This man. genius. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of this....

Oh, and I say 3 scapes...mostly because I loved love PSZ.

Oh, and I demand at least one over the top difficult mission that swarms you. Those back against the wall situations are what makes games like these great.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post

This wouldn't be a bad idea so long as there's still elements in the game that promote more team play.

If the whole community is isolated from each other and everyones all "lol fuck you noobs /continues soloing for life" then I'll just have to face palm at people who spend money to play a non-competitive online game just to solo.

And yeah I still like only 1 scape, and to make them more rare. like NOT finding one at the end of every mission but maybe like every 3-5 missions. It's actually more fun when you have to watch your friends backs with star atomizers when the resta is coming slow, or help them back up with moons when the boss is whaling on everyone. instead of just "*trip and dies* oops * gets back up with my scape and continue to swing my bigass sword without effort*"

Should be more like "*PUNCHED IN THE NECK* Nooooo ;o; *Someone almost dies dodgerolling past a barrage of missiles to save you with a moon then you both work together to heal then juggle combo the bastards*
    Last edited by NoiseHERO; Dec 28, 2011 at 11:58 PM.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I have to say, alot of my time on PSU was solo. I refused to spam white beast all day, so i went on to play random missions. Sometimes i found people, sometimes i didnt.

But when i got my Force, alot of my time was solo because of the god damn tech leveling. Seed Express was the best mission, but i usually did it in Sleeping Warriors for the possibility of a Psycho board.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

That's why missions need to have ways of staying relevant to the player base, whether it be mission rewards, in run drops, or any other number of factors. People spammed White beast because they thought it was the most rewarding. If they spread those rewards out, that problem will (hopefully) fix itself.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

1 Scape limit sounds the best. I think not being able to play the rest of the mission (without a res) is punishment enough for dying.

As long as you can't buy stacks of Scape Dolls at nearly every store, and just make them a rare drop, I'd be ok with that. Limiting them to only being able to carry one at a time might also work, but at the same time, I'd be kinda upset to see one drop if I already had one in my inventory and couldn't pass it to another player in my party.

As far as death penalties go, I'm very much against them. Usually, they just result in angering players by impeding their progress and causing more of a time sink in the long run, and games like this are enough of a time sink as it is. If anything, I'd say bring back PSU's grade ranking for missions, and encourage players to cooperate and play to the best of their ability by rewarding them for higher grades (more meseta or exp., offering a cool item or PA, etc.).
    Last edited by Tetsaru; Dec 29, 2011 at 03:45 AM.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Scape Dolls promote bad play, there should definitely be a strong enough death penalty to want to play optimally at all times, without it being so strong that you play it safe ruining the fun of just going out into the world and killing a bunch of stuff. Falling grades seem to be a very good 'inbetween'.

Scape dolls should remain as rare drops, not something you can buy all you want. It defeats the purpose of buying moons when everyone self revives.

If SEGA does that then I'm good with just the mission penalty.