Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Not to mention barta spamming Vanda's and these other neudaiz enemies, what they called again, they also appear in light element on white beast.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I was too busy getting hit by megids when it came time to dodge the dambarta.

and by dodge I mean carefully run the other way and hope my mediocre movement speed was good enough.

Because Sonic Team decided to make this game a hack n slash where you couldn't dodge, but simply run the other way before it was too late.

Because in PSU you can only run the other way, which isn't dodging it's just moving away from something that's about to hit you in your face's balls.

Because if you're in the middle of an attack and an enemy isn't stunned and he's about to smash you in your face's balls, you can't dodge even though you see it coming, you can only stop attacking and get punched in your face's balls.

Or take an arrow to the knee.

Becaus-MY GOD thank god PSP2 and PSZ added dodgerolls, I'll shut up now.

edit: Also @ Ce'Nedra it STILL sucks fighting those things I also can't remember the name of, carriguine was a reskin of it...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I hope we won't see mission rankings again but I doubt it. There needs to be a death penalty, maybe just EXP loss like in Blue Burst.

lol @ michaeru.

PSU did so many things wrong. It reminds me of how bad the star wars prequels were made, it looked like Star Wars but NOTHING about it is truly Star Wars except the light sabers (not the fights, just the actual weapons).

PSU just took a formula that looked like PSO that (imo) didn't work at all.

It never bothered me how you were pretty much guarnteed to trade hits by some things in PSO, because for the MOST part you could avoid most damage.

In PSU though, the fucking bosses and enemies tend to attack without ANY kind of warning whatsoever, and absolutely no startup time that gives you any chance of avoiding damage.

The worst of that in PSO was from Sinow Zoas, but as long as you kept an eye out for them, you could avoid their critical sneak attacks when you walked into the room.

It's one of the reasons i hated the bosses and shit in PSU. It's like they just randomly decide to smack you with their strongest attacks, and you're never given any kind of warning to move or evade because the camera NEVER CHANGES, it stays the same for every boss fight, and the enemies wouldn't let you get away anyway. Like, the giant enemies in this game are notorious for that. You'll be smacking them, and out of NOWHERE they ram you or stomp you or something. And then do it again.

There was no real strategy to fighting the more powerful enemies in PSU. The enemies fought just like the players did -- just spam a powerful move until you die.

The best enemies in this game though were the Svaltus to me. They were annoying, but at least they had interesting attack patterns. But even THEY were fucking annoying, because if by chance they decided to use their Zelda spin attack and you were hitting them, there was NO way in hell you could possibly get out of range in time to not get hit. It was bull; the WHOLE game played like that.

PSP2 added blocking and dodging, increased the damage of the enemies like tenfold but did NOT improve the AI of any of the enemies (save for De Ragan) so even though you could block there was still like an indistinguishable frame warning before the enemies finally carried out their attack, which probably was gonna take like 40% of your hitpoints without knocking you on the ground or anything.

Most of the worst cases had enemies where hitting them would cause them to flinch, but the flinch animation was indistinguishable from the "rearing up to attack" animation, causing all sorts of dumb confusion. (If im hitting you...how are you rearing up to attack me)
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Dec 30, 2011 at 03:24 PM.

Do you know how hard it is to not throw your PSP at the wall because of how cheap De Ragan is?

AHHHHHHHH!

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

I never really had much of an issue with the attack patterns from PSU. The A.I. was so basic that while enemies may not have a precursor to their attack, you could easily predict their actions. Then again, I've refused to play any non-ranged classes since PSO, so I avoid most damage to begin with.

Man fuck that dragon, they basically built him around the concept that you are now REQUIRED to just block all his shit.

It's impossible to actually avoid his HOMING MISSLE FIREBALL (?????), the charge attack he will always do at the start of the fight, or most of his other attacks he does without blocking now, because of how ridiculous his new turning radius is.

But, he's like the ONLY boss AI on the fucking game to actually be fair with attack telegraphing. You can see all of his attacks coming, it's just up to you to avoid them. Well, until he starts his ugly flying routines.

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    Man fuck that dragon
    HAHAHAHAHAAH, best response ever!

But seriously, I don't know what's worse, taking damage just by touching it when you try to attack or dying because it steps on you 20 times in 5 second without a chance of recovery.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

LOL PSP2 de ragan, I kinda instantly saw him as a door to become overpowered through the rest of the game.

Since he basically trains you to master perfect block, or else he's just keep owning you.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.