Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Griffin View Post
    In all seriousness, how does one player's method in progressing a game effect YOU? I believe it is up to the player to decide how they wish to enjoy the game. Not all gamers are the same.
    I think this quote sums up many peoples arguments who are in favor of the f2p model and as far as my personal ideology for playing pso goes, I fully agree with this statement.

However, despite our PERSONAL play styles, boosted exp and drop rates for real cash are NOT fair to those who prefer a more competitive play style. While I personally do not find enjoyment in past pso games from a "competitive" standpoint, many others do. I think ultimately this hurts PSO 2 in the long run from a community (numbers)perspective as i have had many "competitive" type friends over the 10 year period I have enjoyed this series, and for them this will be a deal breaker. While this model may turn out to only effect the character progression in a minor way, I have seen the vast majority of f2p models fail because of essentially "pay to win" mentality in some players eyes. These games usually sacrifice either Longevity Or big communities and most times both.

While Pso being labeled a "competitive" game may seem ridiculous to you and I, for many the competitive nature of games makes them fun(or adds to the experience). So to refer to your original argument "up to players how they want to enjoy the game" this will not be possible for MANY people if it requires them to pay RL money to have the latest and greatest.

First, the level cap on the closed beta has been lowered from the announced 30 to 20 to accomodate for balance changes.
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU uuu

Quote Originally Posted by maxx69 View Post
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU uuu
    Is this really such a problem? Your character will be wiped on the closed beta-open beta transition anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Wait wait, why are you pinning that on PSU?

Didn't PSO had 24-7 hacker gang banging? =___=

And yeah they said they would work hard to fight hackers. I can trust that on the JP server. The US-EU server though... We can only hope we're sharing a server. >3>;;
    US and JP better not share a server.

Yes I was referring to PSU and yes PSO was a hacker gangbang but these games were not F2P. F2P means even more trolls/hackers/cheap asses who will be on the game. Yeah JP PSU is free but the language barrier turns the people away but it being in english.....it's gonna be the 360 demo all over again but more hackers.

Fight hackers? lol yeah right.
    Last edited by str898mustang; Mar 29, 2012 at 07:01 AM.
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

Quote Originally Posted by str898mustang View Post
    US and JP better not share a server.

Yes I was referring to PSU and yes PSO was a hacker gangbang but these games were not F2P. F2P means even more trolls/hackers/cheap asses who will be on the game. Yeah JP PSU is free but the language barrier turns the people away but it being in english.....it's gonna be the 360 demo all over again but more hackers.

Fight hackers? lol yeah right.
    The way you say that makes me dissapointed in you.
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

Quote Originally Posted by Remius View Post

Only time sega goes balls-out on every aspect of a game is when it's a serious Sonic the Hedgehog entry.
    And even that's not saying much. I'm a big old fan of Sonic, but even Sonic Generations wasn't enough to slake.

Sonic Generations was better than any of the Genesis games.

I put my rose-tinted shades on the table for that entry.

I agree, but it was short and lacked replayability.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    Sonic Generations was better than any of the Genesis games.

I put my rose-tinted shades on the table for that entry.
    Hahahaha

No.
    And even that's not saying much. I'm a big old fan of Sonic, but even Sonic Generations wasn't enough to slake.
    Sonic Generations was about as budget as it gets for a Console Sonic game. It was more like an experiment. Everything about the game was a recreation of old content, they really didn't even have to try very hard. The modern stages were some of the best though. I never played Colors, but alot of people say colors was still much better of a game.

I'd say the last real big budget title would either be Sonic Unleashed or Sonic Colors. Unleashed got a shitload of publicity and advertising, as well as a huge amount of time put on graphics and music quality. Not only did they develop unleashed as a game, but they built both a graphics AND a physics engine for it during its development period.

Phantasy Star hasn't gotten that kind of treatment yet, really. If this was made by the OLD Sonic Team, im pretty sure PSO2 would resemble a Next-Gen title alot more than it currently does. But most of Phantasy Star's work seems to be gameplay related...which is okay i guess.
    Last edited by Remius; Mar 29, 2012 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anon_Fire View Post
    The way you say that makes me dissapointed in you.
    Sorry but truth needs to be spoken

Yeah the hackers will die down several months later (hopefully) after the PSO2's release like always....some hackers will remain on the server though.

That's a hackers "high"....just to see if they can hack it and what hacks they can do.

Anon_Fire, you were on PC/PS2 when the hacking of PSU was there right?....PMs being reset, Meseta/item duping, people using unreleased weapons, Characters being hacked, Characters being controlled (meaning a hacker could type something and you would say it). Now add those hackers + the ones to lazy to get a job and they're still living with their parents.

Lets hope the JP and US servers are seperated.
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius