Page 46 of 89 FirstFirst ... 364344454647484956 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Quebe_Lae View Post
    Mmmmkay, so by what I read it looks like they are staggering the emails so they could stagger the demand on the download server. I think my email even had a suggested time for me to DL the client.

So I guess sit tight until tomorrow Japan time. @_@
    yeah they have a suggested time stamp in the email lol, but im sure most were like "awesome I got in, look at all this moonspeak, *proceeds to stumble to download page* they should be fine giving us who got in a day to discover the email, took me 3 hours to get my client up and going.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reia View Post
    Well It's a good thing I made a final check on my character while downloading, because the Game uninstalled my CC Demo.
    You might of did what I did. When I downloaded and installed the cc demo I took out the Japanese characters from the cc demo's icon name. Once you do that and try to install the beta client the default name of the icon is the same as your edited cc demo icon name so it just replaces the cc demo icon with the beta icon. you'll have to go back into the "SEGA" folder then go into the "PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_CHARACTERCREATOR" folder and make another shortcut for your cc demo.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    Time to go seethe alone for the day.
    Don't worry, I'm still in the same boat. Sega hates me, too.

So right now we're able to download the client but not play until the 19th right?

Quote Originally Posted by hewitt View Post
    So right now we're able to download the client but not play until the 19th right?
    Right.

Wow, that was very rousing. Love the elements from PSO that are in there and then how they seamlessly go into the newer theme that they've been using. If there's one thing I love about PSO is the amazing soundtrack. Really hope I get into the beta now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Konola View Post
    no more e-mails today? :<
    They are overloaded at this time, so i doubt they hand out any at all. There is clear reasons they act like they do. Not trying to destroy mood but a huge amount who got in either was in alpha, or they had some increased chance already. I dont believe into "luck of the devil". Being optimistic is good however, and there will be much more entrys soon. The thing i worry more than that is, how they gonna deal with at the real launch day if they cant keep up server properly in a user-limited beta and with staggered entrys. The key to win is certainly located at the beta giveaways. They will be trying to give some kind of "premature" access to the users, which is slowly increasing, so they wont have theyr servers nuked down.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Xenobia; Apr 15, 2012 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobia View Post
    They are overloaded at this time, so i doubt they hand out any at all. There is clear reasons they act like they do. Not trying to destroy mood but a huge amount who got in either was in alpha, or they had some increased chance already. I dont believe into "luck of the devil". Being optimistic is good however, and there will be much more entrys soon. The thing i worry more than that is, how they gonna deal with at the real launch day if they cant keep up server properly in a user-limited beta and with staggered entrys. The key to win is certainly located at the beta giveaways. They will be trying to give some kind of "premature" access to the users, which is slowly increasing, so they wont have theyr servers nuked down.

Spoiler!
    I would expect them to be running on less/lower powered servers and on launch, the server capacity will increase.

They probably add a lot of players this time because the last analysis from alpha-2 test show that 50% of the population won't be online at the same time. (except one first hour at lauch) . So they may like to do stress test of 40k people at the same time. (I don't think they can handle 100k players anyway, and I don't think they expect to handle it. At first hours, server will be full and queue either that or very laggy like the first day alpha test.)

Usually the game not change anything much after beta. so what they gonna test now is only "server stress" "bug fix" "check if people will like the game and predict if they will continue playing"
    Last edited by Arika; Apr 15, 2012 at 09:15 AM.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Quote Originally Posted by coomdoom View Post
    I would expect them to be running on less/lower powered servers and on launch, the server capacity will increase.
    The server setup for the closed beta should allow for 115,000 simultaneous connections, if the second alpha server settings are carried over.