Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Keiko_Seisha View Post
    And you think I don't have MMO experience? I probably have more than most considering the number of low-pop MMO servers I've been through. You guys are just blowing the thing out of proportion. It's the first day and this goes for both ends.

Who says Ship 2 will open back up? It probably will as this is just the first day and they are fixing issues.

What if it reaches an actual permanent cap and a portion of the community is locked out? You guys won't feel any remorse at all about this that are locked out? This could happen in full launch.

Who is to say Ship 10 won't reach what Ship 2 has right now by the end of the week? Like I said I'm already on Ship 02 so I don't care if we move or don't, I'm just trying to find out why people are so lazy as to not go "Oh, this is a slight problem guys, let's go ahead and take the initiative and fix it ahead of waiting for Sega."

I'm just saying all this, you can ignore me really. I'm just a little stumped is all, and I'm also an idiot when it comes to this. I just feel a little what those that are out of the community right now are feeling as I've felt it many times.
    You may doubt if you were able to express how you felt, but I feel it came through.

Honestly, Ship 10 is most like a fine and safe decision. I've been reading that Ships 1-5 already completely full and this is the Beta. Who's to say the wont have to add more ships? they will probably have to create more ships.

If people fear ship closing down and what not, any decent company running an MMO will just do character moves. In any case, I don't care how much experience people may think they have with MMO's (look at my membership date, pre dates most of the people posting and I'm not about to start assuming whats going to happen) it's impossible to predict the outcome of PSO 2, it may become a smash hit and new servers will have to be produced, or it may day out and end up running only like 5 servers; it's the Open Beta, it's waaay too early to make assumptions.
    PSO 2 Hunter - Alreun SHIP 10 Thats right! SHIP 10!

Quote Originally Posted by LatinWolf View Post
    You may doubt if you were able to express how you felt, but I feel it came through.

Honestly, Ship 10 is most like a fine and safe decision. I've been reading that Ships 1-5 already completely full and this is the Beta. Who's to say the wont have to add more ships? they will probably have to create more ships.

If people fear ship closing down and what not, any decent company running an MMO will just do character moves. In any case, I don't care how much experience people may think they have with MMO's (look at my membership date, pre dates most of the people posting and I'm not about to start assuming whats going to happen) it's impossible to predict the outcome of PSO 2, it may become a smash hit and new servers will have to be produced, or it may day out and end up running only like 5 servers; it's the Open Beta, it's waaay too early to make assumptions.
    Registration dates to these forums is a silly basis to go off of. I just never chose to register until 2007, and I haven't posted much because I never was that interested in these forums to be honest. I've played online games since the late 90's onward, I know what I'm talking about when it comes to servers.

Really though, does it matter that much to you? That I'm willing to wait a bit and see what happens? Let's just assume for the sake of arguement you're completely right, so what then? People migrate to Ship 10 or where-ever in a week? a month? sooner? So that's our problem then and our lost progress \ playtime, it's not your problem at all.

It honestly feels more like you just want to force everyone to move because you don't have the patience to wait and see what happens with the first five servers. I don't really understand why it's such a big deal to some people to move on the first day of beta.

there is three possibility on this locked.

A. SEGA may do this manually and choose to lock each server to control population equally.

-> In this case, if you can wait until Server 4-5-6 become more crowd, then the next day they will open server 1-2-3 again. (they try to turn it ON/Off to make balance)

B. If they do it automatically
    -> In this case, when JP people sleep, the server should auto unlocked and u can get in.

C. If they actually reach the server cap
    -> In this case, only hope is to see if they will have function to pay and transfer character later or not.

But I really doubt that it will be C. because me and friends who were playing inside the shop see how population isn't at real peak for them to permanent lock yet.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

I think a good middle ground would be for everyone to stop trying to convince others. There's no point asking people to wait if they don't care about a character reset, or how the servers might be in a year. There's no point asking people who play on the long run to take a risky choice for a server.

Just go wherever you feel like going, follow your friends first and foremost, and enjoy the game, instead of arguing on who's got the best ship...

Quote Originally Posted by Krisan View Post
    Registration dates to these forums is a silly basis to go off of. I just never chose to register until 2007, and I haven't posted much because I never was that interested in these forums to be honest. I've played online games since the late 90's onward, I know what I'm talking about when it comes to servers.

Really though, does it matter that much to you? That I'm willing to wait a bit and see what happens? Let's just assume for the sake of arguement you're completely right, so what then? People migrate to Ship 10 or where-ever in a week? a month? sooner? So that's our problem then and our lost progress \ playtime, it's not your problem at all.

It honestly feels more like you just want to force everyone to move because you don't have the patience to wait and see what happens with the first five servers. I don't really understand why it's such a big deal to some people to move on the first day of beta.
    <---- My third account hence the join date, Playing PSO, PSU, and PSP since the First week of Feb. 2001. I love PSO and as I said before I play PSO games for Years not weeks. That is why i am sticking with Ship 2.

Quote Originally Posted by LatinWolf View Post

If people fear ship closing down and what not, any decent company running an MMO will just do character moves.

Well,
    1.People not consider SEGA as a real decent company in management term though.
    2.No, people weren't feared that they would get closing down. It is more likely that the server will alive there with low population for years with no choice to move and no market to price. all of previous PS-online title are examples to show that SEGA prefer to let server stay in low population rather than try to merge them.
    Last edited by Arika; Jun 21, 2012 at 01:02 PM.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Quote Originally Posted by Arika View Post
    there is three possibility on this locked.

A. SEGA may do this manually and choose to lock each server to control population equally.

-> In this case, if you can wait until Server 4-5-6 become more crowd, then the next day they will open server 1-2-3 again. (they try to turn it ON/Off to make balance)

B. If they do it automatically
    -> In this case, when JP people sleep, the server should auto unlocked and u can get in.

C. If they actually reach the server cap
    -> In this case, only hope is to see if they will have function to pay and transfer character later or not.

But I really doubt that it will be C. because me and friends who were playing inside the shop see how population isn't at real peak for them to permanent lock yet.
    D. Ships 1 to 5 are having issues and they chose to lock the character creation until they fix the issues.

This could be a possibility, since, if I understood it properly, around 3~4 hours ago they said in twitter that ships 1 to 5 were having lag issues and they were going to investigate those issues.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Arika View Post
    every MMO players know though that the last ship always be the most dangerous one to die out first.

For people who "only plan to play in JP server temporary and then change into English server later on" then it probably a good choice to just play around in ship-10.

But for people who "play to stay in JP server as long term" I think it will be a big mistake to stay in ship-10. (1. when english server release a lot of ppl will move out and leave only few remain, 2. it is always worst economy. 3. it will be the first ghost town)

Note: At ship-2, we got 3-4 lobby full with English speaker only on the first hour at launch (estimate 400 english speakers here) so you will not find any more english players than this ship. and no, I don't think it is possible to ask this much people to move.

I also agree with this sentiment. Also, once SEGA does iron out issues with server population, it's more than likely they'll increase the block count/capacity/etc... by which point you'd have to wonder whether it was worth it to go to ship 10 just to be able to play PSO2 right at this moment? Especially since it's "open beta"?

At that point you'd have two choices; remake, or pay AC to transfer (if they offer the option). Obviously, both aren't very good choices (the latter is better, but still not great).

Ship 2, bad idea? Or WORST idea? Really? Whoever thought about picking that is a real idiot. I knew this would happen, foreigners should always pick a less populated more obscure server in these games, some odd number in the 30's would've been ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Miacis View Post
    I think a good middle ground would be for everyone to stop trying to convince others. There's no point asking people to wait if they don't care about a character reset, or how the servers might be in a year. There's no point asking people who play on the long run to take a risky choice for a server.

Just go wherever you feel like going, follow your friends first and foremost, and enjoy the game, instead of arguing on who's got the best ship...
    I honestly am not trying to convince anyone to wait. I don't care if someone waits patiently, or goes to Ship 10. I'm just a bit irate at everyone that IS trying to force Ship 10 or Ship 2 down everyone else's throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Malevolent215 View Post
    <---- My third account hence the join date, Playing PSO, PSU, and PSP since the First week of Feb. 2001. I love PSO and as I said before I play PSO games for Years not weeks. That is why i am sticking with Ship 2.
    This isn't my first account here either I don't think. Pretty sure I had one in 2002 or earlier, but it was purged due to inactivity or something. (Maybe I just forgot the login I used.)