Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omega-z View Post
    Since I can predict what you are thinking...

No I do not mean the same thing you mean
    Passage 2 states that Flowen is not well and needs to recover. We do not have any idea what happens in his story after this point. Presumably he become Olga Flow and Rico becomes Dark Falz.

And no I do not mean that they survive to fight Dark Falz, I am talking about after we have defeated them both in the game. We see them, presumably their spirit come from the bosses. This tied with what happens in PSP2i shows that people can survive that form thus they could actually be still alive after the events of PSO. OR much more likely is that the scene is PSP2i is just a closure scene that is common where spirits talk to each other saying "Now that x is done we can rest"

All of it is consistent with PSO.

Oh wonder. So even that terrible fanservice from psp2i ignores the fact Flowen and the army visited the ruins to kill Flaz long before Rico did so that and that Flowen turned into Olga Flow before all of the Ep. 1 stuff even happens.

And please stop talking about the fates of Falz and Olga if you still did not inform yourself about Ep. 3, this time I am too lazy to explain, sheesh. D;

Quote Originally Posted by GCoffee View Post
    Oh wonder. So even that terrible fanservice from psp2i ignores the fact Flowen and the army visited the ruins to kill Flaz long before Rico did so that and that Flowen turned into Olga Flow before all of the Ep. 1 stuff even happens.

And please stop talking about the fates of Falz and Olga if you still did not inform yourself about Ep. 3, this time I am too lazy to explain, sheesh. D;
    It would be nice if you guys didn't make stuff up and decide that is how it is.
    PSP2i DOESN'T ignore any of PSO, Ep1, 2, 3, or 4.
    If you paid attention to what I said you'd see that, while yes, I know very little of Ep3, I did point out that the scene in PSP2i could be read as, get this, 2 spirits having a chat and this would then be confirmed by Ep3.

Again, nothing of the timeline is altered by the PSP2i addition.

I've looked at a lot of game scripts and supplementary materials (websites, art books, fan books, etc) over the years and found out some things that apparently aren't common knowledge, judging by this thread. I'll try and set some things straight. But first of all...

The PSO quest in PSP2i is as canon as any of the game magazine quests or Colonel Sanders. It's bonus fan service, a sort of "what if" situation. It directly contradicts PSO's original plot by having others be there with Rico when this was not the case. Several of Rico's messages in Ep1 point this out. Additionally, Episode 2 is stated to take place several months after the "defeat" of Dark Falz, and at that point Flowen is still somewhat lucid until just before you reach him. And that's not to mention Episode 3... (the "Spirits talking" thing you mentioned doesn't exactly work that well without a lot of creative interpretation, sorry RocSage...) The PSO references in PSU are explained as being interdimensional in nature, but also don't seem to have much of a bearing on the plot aside from "hey, remember PSO?"

In short, NOTHING IN THE PSU UNIVERSE IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE ORIGINAL UNIVERSE. It has been stated by Sega that the two are separate as well.

That said, there IS a definite connection between the original series and the PSO games.
    The ship in the ruins houses the Dark Falz from PSIII. It's explicitly stated in a PSO art book. Wren was even going to appear there but was cut for time.

As for Coral, it's not our Earth. It's called "the earth" (non-proper noun) by the Coralians who have been driven underground and forgotten their heritage in PS0, but its name is Coral and its moon's name is Arca. Earth is in the same universe, though, judging by the original series. PS0 takes place many years after PSO, and thus many years after the original series, where Earth wasn't exactly the most hospitable place.

On the subject of Dark Falz: The PSIII/PSO Dark Falz was destroyed and survived as the Germ in Episode 3 with the intent of reforming, but it was ultimately exterminated. The only other ways Dark Falz(s) have been killed in the PS continuity is with Nei/Laconian weapons or Elysion.
    There is more than one Dark Falz, but they are all created from a portion of the hatred of the Profound Darkness. Since the Profound Darkness was defeated, no more could be created.
    But guess what may not be completely dead?

That's right.

Cue PSO2. The reveal teaser for PSO2 had a lot of text floating around, some of which related to gameplay and some of which related to the story and setting. Stuff about ORACL, stuff interacting with primeval cultures (as in Amduscia's dragon tribe and the Lilipas), a girl in eternal despair (Motoi?)... But most importantly there were references to the original series. Not PSO or PSU, but the genesis games. "Why has the Great Light left us?" "Stirrings of the Profound Darkness" "Enraged Dark Falz" "Pure Dark Falz" "Sealed Dark Falz" "The unseen result of the great showdown of the past"

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that PSO2 is part of the Algol/Ragol universe. The overlap between the premises of Eternal Planets and PSO2 is superficial at best.

SO IN SHORT: PSU is seperate dimension and/or continuity, everything else isn't, Coral isn't Earth, and Ragol isn't part of the Algol system. That's the conclusion drawn from what Sega and the games themselves have said, without relying on speculation.
    Feel free to continue speculating though!

This isn't really related but it blew my mind and I feel the need to post it somewhere: Algol, Ragol, Gurhal, and ORACL are all anagrams of a sort. I thought it was my imagination at first but it seems to be the consensus in the Japanese fan community as well.

How? Well... The lack of l/r in Japanese sort of messed things up, but if you write Ragol as Lagol it makes more sense. Syllables starting with a G-sound consonant use the same characters as those with a K-sound but with ten-ten (accent marks), so removing them from Ragol gives you Rakol/Racol, which then becomes ORACL. Gurhal... Well, it's kinda different. But Al Ghul is the origin of the name Algol and was also used to refer to the star, and that can be rearranged to make Gulhal. So there's that.

Ok, done. Continue your lives.
    Last edited by King_Rappy; Jul 7, 2012 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Rappy View Post
    I've looked at a lot of game scripts and supplementary materials (websites, art books, fan books, etc) over the years and found out some things that apparently aren't common knowledge, judging by this thread. I'll try and set some things straight. But first of all...

The PSO quest in PSP2i is as canon as any of the game magazine quests or Colonel Sanders. It's bonus fan service, a sort of "what if" situation. It directly contradicts PSO's original plot by having others be there with Rico when this was not the case. Several of Rico's messages in Ep1 point this out. Additionally, Episode 2 is stated to take place several months after the "defeat" of Dark Falz, and at that point Flowen is still somewhat lucid until just before you reach him. And that's not to mention Episode 3... (the "Spirits talking" thing you mentioned doesn't exactly work that well without a lot of creative interpretation, sorry RocSage...) The PSO references in PSU are explained as being interdimensional in nature, but also don't seem to have much of a bearing on the plot aside from "hey, remember PSO?"

In short, NOTHING IN THE PSU UNIVERSE IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE ORIGINAL UNIVERSE. It has been stated by Sega that the two are separate as well.
    This is generally what I think, but the connection can be made. Timeline wise PSU stuff doesn't quite fit into the PSO stuff, but there are explanations that can be used for those, that don't at all mes up the PSO timeline

That said, there IS a definite connection between the original series and the PSO games.
    The ship in the ruins houses the Dark Falz from PSIII. It's explicitly stated in a PSO art book. Wren was even going to appear there but was cut for time.
    *cough* it just happens that the Ark in PSU is of the exact same design of the Ruins ship of PSO.

As for Coral, it's not our Earth. It's called "the earth" (non-proper noun) by the Coralians who have been driven underground and forgotten their heritage in PS0, but its name is Coral and its moon's name is Arca. Earth is in the same universe, though, judging by the original series. PS0 takes place many years after PSO, and thus many years after the original series, where Earth wasn't exactly the most hospitable place.
    Ummm yeah. The Coralians after the great blank call the planet Earth and the moon the Moon. That is what they would have called it when the Palmans would have arrived and get this... It is indeed an inhospitable place.

There is more than enough evidence to connect it like that. It may not be the case, but it is possible.

On the subject of Dark Falz: The PSIII/PSO Dark Falz was destroyed and survived as the Germ in Episode 3 with the intent of reforming, but it was ultimately exterminated. The only other ways Dark Falz(s) have been killed in the PS continuity is with Nei/Laconian weapons or Elysion.
    There is more than one Dark Falz, but they are all created from a portion of the hatred of the Profound Darkness. Since the Profound Darkness was defeated, no more could be created.
    But guess what may not be completely dead?
    Yes. The Profound Darkness has been established as half of an ancient civilization and the various Falz creatures, darkers, germs, SEEDS, are simply members of that civilization, and given the way they reproduce it only takes one of them to exist for them to carry on. Given that they were an interstellar civilization or perhaps even an intergalactic one it wouldn't be all that unexpected that it would be nearly impossible to eliminate.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that PSO2 is part of the Algol/Ragol universe. The overlap between the premises of Eternal Planets and PSO2 is superficial at best.

SO IN SHORT: PSU is seperate dimension and/or continuity, everything else isn't, Coral isn't Earth, and Ragol isn't part of the Algol system. That's the conclusion drawn from what Sega and the games themselves have said, without relying on speculation.
    Feel free to continue speculating though!
    Probably, It possible with the evidence, Not necessarily. There are ways that the 2nd two are possible. And while I don't say it is absolutely the case it is certainly the case that it isn't out of the question and the information leads towards it in the first case, and would be pretty interesting in the second, but it hasn't got any baring on any story telling.

This isn't really related but it blew my mind and I feel the need to post it somewhere: Algol, Ragol, Gurhal, and ORACL are all anagrams of a sort. I thought it was my imagination at first but it seems to be the consensus in the Japanese fan community as well.

How? Well... The lack of l/r in Japanese sort of messed things up, but if you write Ragol as Lagol it makes more sense. Syllables starting with a G-sound consonant use the same characters as those with a K-sound but with ten-ten (accent marks), so removing them from Ragol gives you Rakol/Racol, which then becomes ORACL. Gurhal... Well, it's kinda different. But Al Ghul is the origin of the name Algol and was also used to refer to the star, and that can be rearranged to make Gulhal. So there's that.

Ok, done. Continue your lives.
    Yeah... But you should go r instead of l

Quote Originally Posted by RocSage View Post
    the scene in PSP2i could be read as, get this, 2 spirits having a chat and this would then be confirmed by Ep3.
    Where would that be confirmed? Rico and Flowen did not communicate like that. After both of them were defeated, they still were not set free; instead, the two hosts manipulated the respective parasite to engulf in a fight and then finally destroy each other. The result of the clash was the birth of the Amplum Umbra and the person Endu. Only Endu was capable of seeing Rico's spirit afterwards, and only once.

Flowen was infected with D-Cells during a fight between Pioneer I and Dark Falz private army, a fight which took place long before the explosion incident, a fact we know for the reason that a lot of time passed before Flowen agreed to be experimented on and the necessary facilities were built. We do not actually know when he fully transformed into Olga Flowen, but personally I tend to believe also before the explosion incident, since Flowen's records indicate the parasite could not be controlled from the very beginning of the research, for which reason he was fused with the computer Olga.

That terrible fanserice from PSP2i aside, I think the most plausible connection to make with PSO would be that the ancients ship that flew away at the end of the game and has Falz sealed inside is the very same one buried on Ragol. It is true that they probably planned on connecting PSO with the old genesis games through PSIII, but the connection was NEVER made in the end, for which reason this theory of mine could very well still be applied. It is up to SEGA to tie up the loose ends, though, but I doubt they ever will.
    Last edited by GCoffee; Jul 7, 2012 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GCoffee View Post
    Stuffs
    The Ep3 confirmation is in that they exist in spirit form and after ep2 they may have had that conversation before they realized bad were going to happen and all that. The only real problem is the "few months" issue which could be ignored.

Of course it doesn't really matter because in the end it could just as well be a parallel universe. which just adds one more universe to deal with in the PS story.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

King_Rappy - is correct that the teaser story was and indeed "Fan Service" for those who wanted Flowen and Rico to live. Apparently form what I heard it was design to be used both way's being alive or dead. But I think this lead to more confusion because of Sega "Fan Service". Even tho some way's are harder to follow or don't follow at all. there are three forms of the story 1.) Everything is one timeline same as RocSage is saying. 2.) Two different timeline's all together. 3.) A split within the same time being both dead and alive.

The Spaceship Noah is the ship that connect's the classic's to PSO. The Alisa III thoery had been dropped, Wren being cut (that there would be no way to explain how he got there unless it had a different story line with him in PSII) is the best thing they had done since it would of destory'd any chance of bringing PSIII and PSIV together. Which I think was just more "Fan Service", Was it the book that had Wren and Meiu with there Romji name's side by side?

Oh that Ship in PSp2i was built before Algol was even thought of. Sense it was thousand's/Million's of year's before them. Since the ship was built by Wynarl for the sole purpose to seal King Kumhan and Dulk Falz in the same ship. Now there build's are some what similar but they aren't too. So going off what you said before in another thread RocSage that the tech has the same origin but the out come can be very close to the same but different at the as time.

RocSage - is correct here with Coral and Earth the game directly uses the name as part of it's history, King_Rappy I think your thinking of Capto and yes your right there that they aren't the same.

Dulk Falz form PSIII live's a lot longer then that through out the Franchise even after being defeated for the most part it's the same one but not always or there isn't even one at all.

Now this part I was thinking the same with Algol had a possible connection. I think that connection might be with Shino the time traveler sense she wear's the Algolian crest. So, Shino from the classic's possibly then PSU with PSp2i to connect PSO and possibly more with PSO2? just a thought.

And the rest I knew all ready with the R/L if you think about it, It could fit with the Franchise's history too.
    Last edited by Omega-z; Jul 7, 2012 at 11:18 AM.

I had an idea just a minute ago...

The "history" of the PS universe is that there once was a great civilization that at some point split apart and started warring with each other. 1 Became the Profound Darkness and the other the Great Light.

This history is told, as far as I know in all PS games, save 1, and an altered version in PSZ...
    What if the Great Civilization is the "Coralian" civilization. The Coral Civilization splits in two. Presumably, both sides continue to advance after the split and both would pretty quickly be on even grounds and they would find that they are close together.

Assuming that AP means "After Pioneer" that would place PSO2 238 years after PSO and 38 years after PSZ. And assuming that Coral is messed up it is not unreasonable to think that they would turn Coral into that Huge spherical ship thing shown at the beginning of PSO2's intro briefly, and that then could also explain Rycross's appearance in PSU and the VR simulation, especially since we are seeing Oracle using Transdimensional FTL drives.

I'm just thinking out loud. Sounds interesting but i doubt it.

Also now debate how Shining Force connects with Phantasy Star.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

I had similar thought's, at first was thinking after Alisa III had come to Earth the Earth people caused the rift between light and dark, But dropped it sense there's not much to back this up.
    I Think the War of the Great Light and the Profound Darkness is actually the Ancient's and the SEED of PSU sense there is a lot of connecting history and event's to support this idea and using PSU as a pre-courser to the classic's which could be explained ( Theory/Cannon wise ) to bridge them.

what AP's meaning is still unknown and could be anything at the moment After Planets/Parum/Palma/Pioneer even Arkc Placement or Allied Planets (this last one could be possible too with the Arkc say the darker's are the enemy to everyone in the Universe and everyone everywhere and the game's idea to add more planet's over time) Thoughts?

Shining Force hmmmm.....I think the series is it's own, but does have common's thing between the two. If it did have a connection I would say between PSU and the classic's but closer to the classic's time frame, before they started or one of the World ship plot's with the people starting over perhaps?