Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chirping Sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Metalsnake27 View Post
    It's them Rappies man.

Thats what I think anyways.
    When they add new rare enemies, I hope the noise is different for each one
    That would be quaint, and useful

Hm, rare enemies is an interesting theory. I'll have to pay closer attention.

Also, I disagree with this:

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon View Post
    And no, this game is for people who sit back and enjoy the experience. It isn't for people who want to know the line of code that creates such intricate details
    Understanding what sounds and alerts mean means that I can more effectively hunt. If I know something is out there like a rare mob or container, I'm more apt to seek it out.

That rare rappy theory has some merit though, I can't directly verify it at this point because I haven't been looking for it, but I'll be sure to check from now on.

I've killed FAR more rare rappies than I've heard that sound, so it can't possibly be that. The rare containers though, that might fit.

I don't think it is the rare enemies, I noticed this a while ago myself and have been investigating it. I have had rappies spawn right in front of me and that noise hasn't played at all.
    If anything, I am more inclined to think red containers, since I am sure it is the same noise that plays when a red weapon drops.

The chirping I'm thinking of is most definitely not the rare weapon drop. It comes at seemingly random times for no evident reason and I've never seen a prompt that seems to explain it, but then again I've never seen a prompt that explained the rare weapon thing either.

The rare weapon is obvious though, the chirping is a bit less so.

Maybe it means a code has spawned on the map, and you need to find it? But then what do those other screen effects mean :/

They need to make the rare rappies less cute so I don't feel bad when I kill them for their loot.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    The chirping I'm thinking of is most definitely not the rare weapon drop.
    Not a rare ITEM, but a rare CONTAINER. The breakable item boxes with a red stripe.

The chime that plays when a rare ITEM drops is clearly different than the mystery "ping" which people seem to be so confused about, which is also clearly different than the pings for the event tablets and matter board item drops.

I'm pretty sure that the ping is for the red-striped, rare containers. They typically have things like rarer discs, 4-star equipment and higher and things like that.

... yeah, as was stated earlier, I've killed many more rappies than pings I've heard. I'm pretty sure that it's either a room reset or red container spawn (which would make sense, seeing as how there is a weekly ranking for the number of red containers busted open).

Full-Support FOmarl since Dreamcast PSO ver. 1
    Crown Princess by birth--Empress Regnant by destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Alena Zouryx View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the ping is for the red-striped, rare containers. They typically have things like rarer discs, 4-star equipment and higher and things like that.
    And those things normally drop two star sub units for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana-Chan View Post
    And those things normally drop two star sub units for me.
    Even on hard mode? o.o I got a level 8 Shifta from one in HM caves, yesterday.

Full-Support FOmarl since Dreamcast PSO ver. 1
    Crown Princess by birth--Empress Regnant by destiny.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

IMO it may be the Mags making that noise. I know when I have Lisa in my party I hear a baby noise or maybe its just her making that noise but it's creepy sounding.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance