Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Ana-Chan View Post
    Killing the shell is always a bad idea. The basic taskbar/start menu doesn't take up much, so if you have closed down all Explorer windows and you still have a problem, then there is something bigger at play on your system.
    I use blackbox for windows instead of the explorer shell. The desktop is faster, the app menu is more responsive, it uses less resources, and looks way cooler too. It has no support for icons on the desktop, but I hate typical desktop icon clutter anyway...

http://xoblite.net/

Quote Originally Posted by xhrit View Post
    I use blackbox for windows instead of the explorer shell. The desktop is faster, the app menu is more responsive, it uses less resources, and looks way cooler too. It has no support for icons on the desktop, but I hate typical desktop icon clutter anyway...
    Yes, without icons and shell extensions resource usage does go down by a surprising amount.
    Out of curiosity though, what is the average working set for that shell, I've never really tried it.

As a comment to the 2 above this one.

I actually don't even use explorer.exe at all. I always disable it when i start up, because I have rainmeter and that pretty much has everything i need while in a nice, sleak interface.

Quote Originally Posted by LaEspada View Post
    As a comment to the 2 above this one.

I actually don't even use explorer.exe at all. I always disable it when i start up, because I have rainmeter and that pretty much has everything i need while in a nice, sleak interface.
    Out of curiosity, are you going into task manager, ending explorer.exe then starting rainmeter or did you change the shell that Windows starts when you log on? If you haven't done it, I would suggest you actually change it, it is much easier.

I just use Advanced System Care with "autocare when idle" enabled, also a "GameBooster" is a feature in that software. I don't use that much thou, because my computer can handle PSO2 with eeze :P

Quote Originally Posted by TelleT View Post
    I just use Advanced System Care with "autocare when idle" enabled, also a "GameBooster" is a feature in that software. I don't use that much thou, because my computer can handle PSO2 with eeze :P
    If you can get a authentication key for ASC it does a lot better job with deep cleaning and such. but you gotta pay for it or use a thing called Google

I actually use that on my younger brother's computer when I have to clean it up for him. A fairly decent cleaning program.

Game booster does help btw my computer is old with ddr1 ram 1gb it doesn't change anything for me at all. Game Booster is stupid imo.

Also something that bumps up fps that is missing there is going to your graphic card's option you can do this by right clicking your desktop and going to your graphics card control thing, and setting it to performance.
    Last edited by Lostbob117; Aug 2, 2012 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    Game booster does help btw my computer is old with ddr1 ram 1gb it doesn't change anything for me at all. Game Booster is stupid imo.

Also something that bumps up fps that is missing there is going to your graphic card's option you can do this by right clicking your desktop and going to your graphics card control thing, and setting it to performance.
    Thanks for the info!

Thanks for this guide It's really helpful.

Mixae: Ship 2
    o(≧▼≦○〃パンチ