Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

I like how he still get knock around.

It is like throwing a diamond around. It would take like no damage, but it still doesn't override the difference in weight and size. (until you damage it with heat)

Speaking of heat... What would the OP do if future boss start spamming techs? New mag?

Quote Originally Posted by SolRiver View Post
    What would the OP do if future boss start spamming techs? New mag?
    No, he'd equip their armor which has 180 magic defense per piece at +10, combined with possibly 60 extra per piece for Kyatadoran Soul + Mind 3
    Except he has no way to utilize guard stance still
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

OP... You, good sir, are a true Cast. That is.

I got something in my eye...

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon View Post
    No, he'd equip their armor which has 180 magic defense per piece at +10, combined with possibly 60 extra per piece for Kyatadoran Soul + Mind 3
    Except he has no way to utilize guard stance still
    Very true. Firstly a Hunter tank MUST have s-def base for carrying the best hunter units (My units atm are the best, although we must wait until August 8th for Floating Continents). Secondly, if you really need tank a boss with lots of ranged attacks and/or tech attacks, you must carry hunter units which have got a lot of r-def or t-def depend of your needs (And of course, with their needed abilities).

Now that's what I call heavy armor. It's a nice piece of variety compared to those who prefer pure power.

Cool to see that it actually works. I oppose the idea of tanks in this game though as my philosophy is to not get hit at all. So armor is quite pointless really. The faster you kill the less you get hit

Join me PSO2 Ship 9

I approve of this. I also plan to get Guard Stance Lv10, much more useful than Fury Stance with Sword Gear.

Here's hoping that we get Guard Stance upgrades to improve R- and T-DEF. It's silly that you have to get even more units to complement your skill build...

I will dread the day the first unit that comes out with a hidden atp boost and everyone hast to change to said unit.

I disagree that guard stance is "much more useful" with sword gear, having been dedicatedly using sword gear for a while now. Maybe if you haven't learned enemy tells or don't have sonic arrow, or if you're just not into Just Guarding/dodging better s&r-def would help.

But that doesn't help T-Def. I really hope they change Guard Stance Up into all def boosts. That's another 10 point investment, and for a mere 50 s-def some of the time it's not really worth it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shou View Post
    I will dread the day the first unit that comes out with a hidden atp boost and everyone hast to change to said unit.
    At this time this almost kind of exists. The Last Survivor needs something like 18 more points than the cast/human male base s-def, and it has better damage than other comparable swords. It's then outclassed by a dinia edge, but dinia edges are quite a bit more expensive and don't look nearly as cool.

edit: Just ran out of time exactly as I smashed the bantha's last leg, doing a solo run. If I hadn't half-soloed a banshee and rockbear or stopped for two code attacks on the way in I might not have run out of time after just 12 minutes, but oh well. Apparently according to people like gamer x this boss is so hard that even with more time it just would have been impossibru on a glass cannon build which oh I am.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Aug 4, 2012 at 04:25 PM.